IGNORED

Jack or Tiger, but then who's the next best ever?

BASHERBAKER69
Note: This thread is 5838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There has been a lot of debate about who the best player ever to pick up a club is, either Jack or Tiger, but then after these legends, who would come in at a respectable third place?

Personally, i would select Ben Hogan- for his brilliance, work ethic, attention to detail, success and also his gentlemanliness.

Fourth, i would have to select Nick Faldo (he has six majors) but i just think he really was a great in his time and lets not forget a World Number 1!

So, what do you think?

For third I would go with Bobby Jones The only true Grand Slam winner

Fourth would be Ben Hogan, the greatest ball striker ever

There is just so many though!

In My Edge Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw
3-Wood: Burner
3h,4h: Idea A2
Irons: 5-PW Idea A2Wedges: X-Tour 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XGBall: OPB (Other People's Balls)

Arnold Palmer
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Ben Hogan then Bobby Jones. I will go out on a limb and say Walter Hagen to round out the top 5.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I'd put Sam Snead ahead of Hagen.

Can't go wrong with that choice. I only would choose Hagen over Snead because of his successes in the PGA Championship and British Open, more so than Sam, not to mention Hagen managed to win two US Opens which Sam failed to win one. Sam did have 30 more tour wins and incredible longevity. Other than Bobby Jones, no one dominated golf between 1914 or so until 1929 than Hagen. I don't think Hagen should be penalized for not winning the career slam, as the Master's came along in the tail end of his career. I have no doubt in my mind he would have won that too (as would Jones) if it had been formed/created a few years earlier.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!