IGNORED

Brush-T's

Note: This thread is 3546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used brush tees exclusively for a year. They are very decent tees, they last reasonably long, and they doo give a consistent height (although the orange "driver" tees seem a bit short for my driver face)

HOWEVER, I now use zero friction, and I wont be going back. These things are great. Much less distracting, and just about as durable (I have broken one tee in the last 5 rounds I have played with them).

Go with zero friction.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I used brush tees exclusively for a year. They are very decent tees, they last reasonably long, and they doo give a consistent height (although the orange "driver" tees seem a bit short for my driver face)

Agreed, I only break ZF tees if the ground is really hard or I am forced to use them on a par 3. I normally use wooden tees on par 3 holes

Thats the problem around here... I bought some Zero Friction tees, but the few times I tried using them the ground was so hard it became a chore to tee up... regular wooden tees for now...

• 5 months later...
my brother turned me on to these...
i absolutely love brush t's... but for driver only...
i bought a 3 pack over a year ago and still havent gotten to the other 2 yet...
advantage... they last a long time... they dont break... uniform tee height everytime... has a carrying case with a marker
disadvantage... every now and then you have to splay out the bristles... bristles get dirty... have to use your thumb instead of a ball to push them in...
since i only used it with my driver... everything else i use a regular wooden tee for woods and iron shots so i can vary the height

ohhh and if the ground is frozen or hard... i buy a small bag of wooden tees... leave my brush t in the bag
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

zero friction all the way

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Why don't people play a standard plastic tee? I probably used about 6 tees for the whole of last year (not including par 3's where I use someone's broken wooden tee). Wooden tees break too easily and leave the tee area littered with them, it pi**es me off and looks untidy.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I've found that the bristles tend to warp with whichever direction i last hit was. It always feels misshapen to me... oh well its zero friction all the way for me.

In my Stand Bag:
Driver: 910 D2 9.5*- Stiff Ahina
3W: Snake Eyes

7W: Snake Eyes (IDK why i love this club)
Irons: 690.MB 3i-PW Stiff
Wedges: CG12 54*, Form Forged 900 60*

Putter: Versa White #1

Ball: Pro V1x *used and cheap/free*

First and foremost - no tee will give you more distance than a plain old wood tee. That's just marketing BS. Having said that, I play with the plastic tee from 4yardsmore.com. I picked up a handful of these last year at the PGA Show and have been playing with the same 1 tee all year. The only annoying thing is I can't insert the ball and tee at the same time, you have to put the tee in first and place the ball on it. No big deal.

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

I play the ZF tees, I played one tee all summer, but I found a brush tee on the course last summer. After playing with it for several holes I know why I found it. It was laying probably 30 yards in front of the tee markers, I played with it for several holes but found if your swing path swept the gound you would hit the tee and send it 30+ yards done the tee box. After a couple of holes I could no longer find it, experiment over.

ZF also makes a hybrid tee that is 3/4 inch long that works great when teeing off with a fairway wood or hybrid, however, they snap off when using them with irons.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I'm a Zero Friction guy too. Over a year ago I bought a 35 pack of the 3" tees, gave away about 7 or 8 to friends, and still have so many left that I ended up cutting down half of them to 1.5" for par 3s. I have a Brush T that I found, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll probably give it to my son.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

• 2 years later...

Some of the comments here are laughable:

"No self-respecting golfer would ever pull out a brush tee on a tee box"

Really? So now golfing acumen has come down to what kind of tee you use? If you wanted to hit the ball off the top of a pen cap and thats what you felt comfortable with I say go for it. If you like Zero Friction, wooden, plastic, no slice, forward lean, brush tees, or whatever, use em.

I just started playing golf again in 2009 after a 13yrs layoff. A good friend dragged me back out to the driving range and he was using brush tees so I decided to try them. I liked them so I bought a 3 pack of the multi height, but I only ever used the orange one for my driver. In 2010 I bought a 3 pack of orange, gave one to my buddy, and am still using them. So thats 3 tees, and Im starting my 3rd season of golfing here in 2011. I never, ever, not once have knocked the tee out of the ground.

Ive never seen anyone else use these tees, but I personally say they are at least worth trying.

In the bag:

Driver: :tmade: '07 Burner Draw 10.5 
3/4 Hybrid: :adams: Idea a205
Irons: :tmade: Burner Plus  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've used the Zero Friction tees for the last year or two.  They last well and I actually kind of like that they sometimes leave marks on the bottom of the driver.  I get confirmation if I'm coming through a little open (or whatever the case may be).  And as posted above, the lines easily rub off.

What's in the Bag:
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12*
3-wood: Taylormade Burner 15*
Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 19*
Irons: Callaway XR

Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Newport Studio

one reason I used it was that I only had to have one instead of buying a 100 wooden tees. and the brush-t lasted a long time. I don't know if it really does add a few yards to my shot. but who cares.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

• 3 years later...
Certainly they are hard to lose as they just stay where placed. Some have commented that time is wasted gutting them set up out of their cases, or pushing them into the ground. Surely not as much that is spent searching for a 'favourite tee" that had flown forward, back or sideways.. I have one that I sometimes use on the range...saves running out collecting tees in the line of fire.

Note: This thread is 3546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!