IGNORED

Some RUDE people (my rant after this week's experiences)

DJYoshi
Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just wanted to add a quick note. I am still extremely new to the game, and I've already seen a few of the aforementioned-arseholes. But, I've met many more of the good kind.

I just signed up with a 9-hole league. These guys are more of the casual players than the 18-hole leagues. I know 9-holes isn't the same as putting in a full round, but to get out and play and have fun it works great. The 9-holers are WAY more laid back than the 18-gang. Its like night and day. Being a "newbie" golfer, I appreciate the more casual attitudes.

So, to anyone out there looking for more fun, laid-back golf that doesn't have the arseholes you seem to find everywhere, look at the 9-hole leagues. Its quite a lot of fun.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

I can't say as I've had many of the bad experiences you describe. I've played a few of the private clubs in my area, and I've always felt like they treated me BETTER than many of the public courses. Maybe it was because each time I played I was playing with a member. Who knows?

I actually had the opposite experience to the scenario you described about the starter asking you to move to one of the more forward tees. Last year I was getting ready to tee off on #2 (playing the white tees), and I see the ranger coming down the fairway towards our tee. He sees that we're getting ready to tee off so he pulls the cart off to the side of the fairway and waits. I tee off and hit a pretty nice, long shot. Probably about 260 or so.

The ranger drives up and says "if you drive the ball like that, you should probably be playing from the blues". My response was "well, I would, but I don't think that being a 15 handicap earns me the right to play the blues just yet". He nodded in agreement and said "fair enough".
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

"oh sh** it's bruce lee on the course"

Im sorry but I busted out laughing at that hahahaha

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Some of these stories make me feel like i live in *make-believe land*. At my club there are younger players that are allowed to play with the elites at the club (they will all try to take anyones money - young or old). Occasionally I have maniacs behind me that can play 18 in 2.5 hours - I let them play through when we are with a slower twosome - not only do I get a thank you, but generally they have cart girl deliver me a free beer. Maybe they dont f with me because there I am known as the arrogant NYer and will make sure that I take their *special* tee time if I get pissed off. But everyone is pretty much treated the same. I wouldnt consider any of them close friends, but everyone respects everyone else (the only exception would be someone that brings a first time golfer out between 7:30 and 8:30am)

Do u live in a smaller town or is this a country club. This doesn't sound like any public course I've been to. When I play with my friend at his country club its like playing with completely different people because everyone knows pretty much everyone there so they treat everyone more equal. I guess it can also be that his dad plays there a lot though.

Do u live in a smaller town or is this a country club. This doesn't sound like any public course I've been to. When I play with my friend at his country club its like playing with completely different people because everyone knows pretty much everyone there so they treat everyone more equal. I guess it can also be that his dad plays there a lot though.

Public course with membership. The members that play on the weekend generally have most of the tee times from 7:30 - 9:00 locked up. We always go as a twosome so we are paired up with different people each time. I have only had a couple of mini-bad experiences and both of those were due to someone pouting because they were having a bad golf day.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im sorry but I busted out laughing at that hahahaha

i won't front lemay, I hear that one a lot. But I never heard it on the course. That sh** did make me laugh.... but when bruce lee cracked a drive 275 split down the fairway and they jacked up their drives...worm burners, extreme slices that start out on the 2nd fairway & turn into the parking lot... made me feel like i just hit them with a

waaaaahh
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!