IGNORED

Erik-Why would you close a thread the day after it was started to get the last word??

Note: This thread is 5834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

People were actively commenting on the topic and having fun with it.

So because you wanted the last word, you closed the thread??? Seems like it defeats the point of the message board.

We're not allowed to debate the rules of the game on this site?

John

He most likely closed the thread due to the fact in the few months I have been a member it has been discussed several times over several "what is the dumbest rule in golf?" type of threads. Not a good idea to call out an admin, trust me.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

People were actively commenting on the topic and having fun with it.

Why was this not a private message?

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I'm not trying to call anyone out. My thread didn't ask what you thought the dumbest rule in golf is.

My thread was started to get opinions on the penalty for the wind blowing your ball at address. I couldn't find a thread on this specific topic. I apologize for repeating a common topic.

I'm not trying to call anyone out. My thread didn't ask what you thought the dumbest rule in golf is.

For future reference, when you create a topic with someone's name in the title and the topic is to criticize something they did, this is interpreted as calling someone out.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't apologize dude, Eric gave me a ridiculous response to my divot response in your thread saying its been discussed hundreds of times and play it as it lies dont be bitter you got a bad lie.

Well King Eric, many a tour Pro belives it it's B.S. to lie in a divot in the middle of the fairway. Secondly there are only so many topics to discuss regarding golf and I see the same crap posted everyday on your board.

Thirdly you depend on people to post so you can get advertisers such as Titleist so why crap on your members.

Fourthly I found a much better golf board at golfwrx so I am gone so dont bother banning me.

Fifthly, learn customer service or your board will go down faster than it already is.

Late.

Thanks man. I really wasn't trying to stir stuff up. I just wanted to know what other people thought about that specific rule.

It does seem like the administrator is a little "holier than thou". You might want to let people express their opinion without telling them that they are flat out wrong.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that feels this way.

Thanks man. I really wasn't trying to stir stuff up. I just wanted to know what other people thought about that specific rule.

Erik's never had a problem with people expressing their opinions, regardless of whether or not they conflict with his opinions. But when the conversation cycles to something we've discussed many times in the past? You could at least have the courtesy to have done a search for the topic beforehand. It took me all of ten seconds to find another thread discussing the same exact thing that you started a thread for. Another good courtesy is to, when responding to someone's comment, to respond to it instead of repeating your original comment again. That just leads to... cyclic conversations. See also: most of the rest of the internet.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
I'm not trying to call anyone out.

In this thread, you are. Yes sir.

Why was this not a private message?

Beats me.

He most likely closed the thread due to the fact in the few months I have been a member it has been discussed several times over several "what is the dumbest rule in golf?" type of threads.

I said as much, too, when I closed it.

In fact, the first search result I get is this thread , which is still open. It's annoying to long-time members here to see the same threads pop up time and time again. Heaven forbid new members do a search and post in an existing thread rather than start a new one altogether. Could that result in a forum with only 200 threads, ever , in certain sub-forums? Perhaps. But that sure beats having 200 threads on the same topic, all started by people too lazy to find the previous thread about that topic, doesn't it?
Don't apologize dude, Eric gave me a ridiculous response to my divot response in your thread saying its been discussed hundreds of times and play it as it lies dont be bitter you got a bad lie.

When you're able to put into words what's so ridiculous about my response, please feel free to PM me. Until then, I'm going to assume that the only thing that was "ridiculous" about it was either its brevity or the fact that I disagreed with you.

And my name isn't Eric, and we don't call people names here, so cool it.
Well King Eric, many a tour Pro belives it it's B.S. to lie in a divot in the middle of the fairway.

I've already posted my response to this, and it's multi-faceted. Go read it. Please also note that blindly citing anonymous "tour pros" isn't likely going to win you many arguments.

Secondly there are only so many topics to discuss regarding golf and I see the same crap posted everyday on your board.

Which is one of the reasons why people should contribute to

existing threads rather than start new ones on the same topics. Thank you for agreeing with my decision to close the other thread.
Fifthly, learn customer service or your board will go down faster than it already is.

Actually, it's grown substantially this year, much to the dismay of some long-time members who bemoaned the fact in another thread I've read with some interest. Our intent has never been to have a large forum, and so you've done us a favor by self-selecting yourself for removal. Bye.

Erik's never had a problem with people expressing their opinions, regardless of whether or not they conflict with his opinions.

I will admit to having a problem with people who resort to name-calling. And I have a big problem with people who don't have a thick enough skin to have someone disagree with them and back up their points.

I also have a problem with people who, rather than do a search, create new threads on the same old topics. Normally I just ignore it. Today it bugged me enough that I closed the thread so people might find one of the old "stupidest rule" threads and post there.
But when the conversation cycles to something we've discussed many times in the past? You could at least have the courtesy to have done a search for the topic beforehand. It took me all of ten seconds to find another thread

The man speaks the truth.

It does seem like the administrator is a little "holier than thou". You might want to let people express their opinion without telling them that they are flat out wrong.

I never said you were wrong except when you asserted that you MUST sole the putter for at least one second in order to hit a good putt. On that, quite provably, you're wrong. That doesn't make me "holier than thou" - it just makes you wrong.

If you want to avoid being wrong in the future, don't say wrong things. You may think what I've just said makes me a jerk. If you do, so be it. But deep down, what've I really done to you? Nothing. I've provided you a forum and asked you to show a little common courtesy by searching rather than starting new threads. I've even let this thread - which should have been a PM, email, or an IM - stand. And I've told you that you were wrong when you were. Oooooh, such a jerk...
So because you wanted the last word, you closed the thread??? Seems like it defeats the point of the message board.

My reasons for closing the thread were stated in my last post IN that thread, and have again been repeated (by myself and others) here. It's got nothing to do with "wanting the last word."

All of that being said, I've got better things in life to do than to hold a grudge or keep a list of names of people who've called me names or something. Thus, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. You're new. I would appreciate it if you'd do the same for me and the other members of this forum.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!