IGNORED

Best Price/Performance Ball?

Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played today at my home course and tried out a few new balls. I played the Srixon Z-URS, Top-Flite Gamer, and a Pro V1x (my usual ball). The gamer impressed me the most. It plays as well as a $40+ ball imo. But the Srixon was just as good, and maybe even a little longer off the tee, but for the price, I would prefer the GAMER

That's very interesting from a V1x user. I have not played the Gamer yet. The marketing for it sounded good.. they say it has good spin/feel. But, I opened a box of them at golfsmith, and they just felt hard. In most premium balls, you can feel a little tackiness to the cover, but to me these felt harder than the NXT / HX Hot / e6+.

The real test is to actually play with them. But, I would be interested to hear others experience with these. If I grab some and try myself, I'll post here too.

TM Burner Tour Driver | TM R9 3W | Nike VR 21° Hyhrid | Mizuno MP-60 4-PW | Vokey Wedges 56°, 60°| Cameron Kombi Putter

That's very interesting from a V1x user. I have not played the Gamer yet. The marketing for it sounded good.. they say it has good spin/feel. But, I opened a box of them at golfsmith, and they just felt hard. In most premium balls, you can feel a little tackiness to the cover, but to me these felt harder than the NXT / HX Hot / e6+.

I noticed that in the ride home from the golf shop. I pulled out a sleeve of my new dozen Gamers. They felt eerily simular to the XL ball when I was handling them.

I hope like heck they play softer than they appear outa the package. Only working a half day today but their is rain forecasted this afternoon....hoping to get some golf in tommorrow....I'll post a report on them then.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I played with the same Gamer yesterday, and shot an 82 with a brutal wind, so the Gamer also proved to be a nice wind ball as well

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

• 3 weeks later...
For $25 and under I like both the e5+, nice spin, feel and length...a good all arounder for the money and I also like the burner tp ...it's the same price also
varliy soft, long and not quite as much spin as the e5+ .

Stix:

Driver: Taylormade superquad 9.5 deg
Fairway: Taylormade burner 3 & 5 woods)
Hybrid: Taylormade 3iIrons 1: Mizuno MP-32Irons 2: Tommy Armour muscleback bladesIrons 3: Wilson Staff Goosenecks (1984Wedges:Titliest vokey and & lob 60 degPutter 1: Tad Moore MnBr bladePutter 2: Tommy Armour...

• 1 month later...
I'm typcially a ProV1 player. But, I went looking for a cheaper option for non-tournament play & I have found the Nike PD Super Soft to be a nice performing ball. Usually can pick them up for $15/dozen at Wal-Mart or Target.

What's in my bag:
Driver: 905R 10.5* Stiff
Fairway wood: 904F 19* Stiff
3-PW: AP2 1* flat with Project X 6.0 shafts
GW: 52*SW: Vokey 56* LW: Vokey 60*Putter: Tri-ballBall: ProV1 (preferred) or PD Super Soft (when I'm feeling cheap)

I have 6 sleeves of the gamer and they are that ball for me.. It gives me good spin for a good price without increasing my slice to a harmful point.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

Precept MC Lady at $8 per box.
Titleist Costco ball 2 box for $29.99

PROV1 for $30 plus tax when on sale.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

At $15 for a box of 24, I think its hard to beat the value of the Precept Laddie X.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Recently been trying to find a cheaper alternative higher performance ball. I do typically play a ProV1 and tried to find something comparable. I've tried the following types:

ProV1 - I loose distance on this ball due to my slower swing speed. I can't compress it to get the distance I want. But can check up any shot on the green.

Srixon AD333 - found them to be a little too hard. Didn't like them.
Srixon UTri Tour - again, too hard for my taste. Decent distance, but not a lot of feel around the green

Bridgestone e6+ - Gained more distance than the V1. Had decent feel around the green. Could actually get these to back up (a little) on full wedge shots.
Bridgestone B330 - About the same distance as the e6+ but didn't think it was as good as the e6+ around the green, which surprised me. I liked the e6+ better than the B330. Might try the 330S.

NXT Tour is my next trial ball. But hearing about these Rock Flite Gamers might have to try those first. Especially if they are only $15.

The Nike Juice ball does it for me. Long with less spin than most yet soft feel. For $19.99 a dozen it can't be beaten.

G10 irons 4-SW

Rapture 5 wood

Rapture 21° hybrid Marxman

I just played with the Top Flight Gamer for the first time today and shot my best round: 78. (Mainly due to up-and downs thanks to the Gamer with outstanding play around the greens)

In my Callaway Stand Bag:

MX-700 9.5* stiff
2H 18deg Slingshot Tour
MP57 3-PW Rifle Flighted 5.0 54* Vokey Spin Milled 60* BRZ Tour Action 900 Studio Select Newport 2

Say what you want about topflite, the gamer is a winner. I was amazed when I went to a short par 3 and hit a few hundred balls over the last week between gamers, Tp Reds 07, and noodle +

I am not a huge ball spinner but was able to check and pull back the gamer just as good if not better the the TP Red. Gamer feels harder then the TP Red off the irons and putter. Noodle + actually felt softer off the putter then the gamer.

I love hitting noodle + off tees and they are not a bad ball for 16 bucks. They are crazy long but not the best option in wind or if you cant crank it straight.

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!