IGNORED

Reading The r7 Weights

Note: This thread is 5835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I want to hit the ball straight, I naturally am If i dont consider the weights, So what can I do to fix this? what do I do with the weights.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I have an r7 425 myself, and I wont put it in play because i dont know what to do with those damn weights..
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I cant stand this draw, It only does a litle bit, But i cant stand it.
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I just had a set of these given to me...a driver, 3w, 5w, and a hybrid. If I hit a natural fade with a "normal" wood, would setting the weights up for a draw make the ball go straighter for me?

I am more outside to inside with my powerfade/slice so I just aim my woods left and let it do work.

Driver: R7 425 9.5 degree
3 Wood: 904F 15 degree S300
Hybrids: 585h 21 and 24 degree S300
Irons: 755's 4-PW reg steel
Wedges: 52 and 56 degree wedges with lead tape covering the label (unsure of which design) and a Vokey spin milled 60.08 Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select 33"Bal...

I would imagine some of your shots already have a slight unnoticable draw to them. Very few people hit dead straight.

Anyway, I wouldnt recommend that you put the same weight in both the heel and the toe, as I don't think this would fix the problem, and would possibly make the club unstable. You could try a heavier weight in the toe, I believe you can get 18 gram weights.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

If the 2 gram weight is in the heel and the 14 gram in the toe, then it definitely is on neutral/fade. What r7 wood is it? The r7 Steel, r7 Ti, or r7 TP? I know that my r7 ti has only two configurations, draw and neutral (not fade). So if you have that one, it is naturally draw biased.

It is the r7 Steel.
In My Bag

Since it isn't a Tp, then the club is currently set on neutral, not fade. That's what iacas said before. The draw may just be natural if it's small.

• Administrator
So I want to hit the ball straight, I naturally am If i dont consider the weights, So what can I do to fix this? what do I do with the weights.

There's only so much weighting a club can do. How about you learn to keep the clubface open a little more than you are now (or change your swing path - I don't know if you're hitting it straight and drawing left or if you're hitting right and drawing back to target).

And again, for the non-TP stuff, heavier weight in the toe gets you to neutral weighting. They may also have a slightly closed face. You can't truly create a fade bias on a non-TP TM club with MWT.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is this true for a non TP Super Quad driver also?

My instructions don't mention that.
There's only so much weighting a club can do. How about you learn to keep the clubface open a little more than you are now (or change your swing path - I don't know if you're hitting it straight and drawing left or if you're hitting right and drawing back to target).

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Iacas is mentioning the r7 fairway wood line specifically. the superquad has 2 different fade settings (fade,more fade).

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Jeez! Im a numbnut

I mentioned in my first post that the 2 Gram is on the heel, but Infact the 2 Gram is on the toe while the 14 Gram is on the heel.My Apologies guys.
In My Bag

• Administrator

I believe so, yes. If your instructions don't mention that, that's because they're relying on the fact that almost every golfer has a natural fade, so a neutral face = fade.

As I said, I believe that's true across all TM clubs with MWT that aren't the "TP" models. Drivers, fairway woods, hybrids... I guess not so for putters.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The club is set for a draw, the 14 gram closer to the shaft is weighted for a draw. I got a r-7 425 driver and the r-7 steel 3 wood thinking they would eliminate my slice, they weren't magic clubs like I thought. I still had to work on my swing and get my path inside and release my club. I love the clubs and will mess with the waits now that I have worked out some of the swing flaws!

In my bag:
Driver:R-7 425
3-wood:R-7 steel
hybrids3&4 3DX ironwood
irons:CG4 5-PWwedgesCG14-52,CG12-56putter2-ballball:proV1x

I just had a set of these given to me...a driver, 3w, 5w, and a hybrid. If I hit a natural fade with a "normal" wood, would setting the weights up for a draw make the ball go straighter for me?

Just wondering if anybody could answer my question? Thanks.

Driver: R7 425 9.5 degree
3 Wood: 904F 15 degree S300
Hybrids: 585h 21 and 24 degree S300
Irons: 755's 4-PW reg steel
Wedges: 52 and 56 degree wedges with lead tape covering the label (unsure of which design) and a Vokey spin milled 60.08 Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select 33"Bal...

I'll try and help. I had a real bad slice, ball would start straight and then start curving do to spin (club face open) at about 75 yards. I did a demo with a bunch of drivers and the R7 Super Quad with both heavy weights near the shaft helped reduce this slice. It did not eliminate it, but it helped.

Since purchasing one I have been working on different setups, ball placement, weight shifts etc. and I am getting close to hitting it straight or a small fade consistently.
Just wondering if anybody could answer my question? Thanks.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Well i went to the golf store to get the wrench, I drove 45 mins to get there, and they Are out of stock on the wrench!
In My Bag

Note: This thread is 5835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!