IGNORED

BMW PGA Championship '08 @ Wentworth

geezer
Note: This thread is 5827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Discussion of the aforementioned championship.

As I see it now, Paul McGinley is leading by 2 strokes at 7 under par, following an excellent round, having just set a course record!

Perfect conditions today with hardly a breath of wind, so the scoring today seems decent, not really low, but just nice.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Scoring is not impressive today, everyone seems to be struggling with the greens.

It also looks like Siem and Sandelin have been unfairly put on the clock.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

From what I've seen today this afternoon does seem to be quite slow.

But I haven't heard about anybody on the clock. When did this happen?

Ideal conditions, less than ideal golf.
Whats in the bag:

Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I saw Siem and Sandelin shouting at a referee, the commentators said and referred to them being on the clock, it happened after putting out, although unsure what hole.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Be nice to see Paul hold out to win.

Karlson and Jimenez are so consistant.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

Hope McGinley can put 4 rounds together - he always has one bad one. Karlson is playing great at the moment - he'll break into the Ryder Cup ranking soon enough.

Shame about that slow play business - Though you're either slow or you're not. If they were slow - they were put on the clock. There has to be some rule.

Scoring was low all day, just a few good rounds here and there. If McGinleys putter stays hot...he'll be on the automatic Ryder Cup team in no time!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Karlson is playing great at the moment - he'll break into the Ryder Cup ranking soon enough.

Karlsson is in pretty easily right now. He isn't one of the top guys on the World Points List, but he is in fourth on the European Points List. He is definitely pretty comfortable right now.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah you're right - just checked it there. It's no wonder - he finished T8th at the Masters and T3rd the last 2 weeks in Europe.

I'm still rooting for McGinley though! Out at 12:25. A 67 would be nice Paul.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

If you're not watching, flick over now.

We're about to start a playoff between Miguel Angel Jimenez and Oliver Wilson!

EDIT: Congratulations to Miguel Angel Jimenez! He beat Oliver Wilson on the second playoff hole (#18 twice) Two pars on the first playoff hole extended the championship, but then Wilson hit the rough off the tee the next time around.
Whats in the bag:

Note: This thread is 5827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!