IGNORED

An Idea for the next inventors contest

nevets88
Note: This thread is 5821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I keep losing my damn wedges (and they're Vokey to boot -*&^!). Create a mini sensor to tie around the bottom of the club grip. Put "control" sensor in golf bag. When the distance between the control sensor and any one mini sensor exceeds a certain distance, beep. Or has this already been invented. Because if it has, I'm buying it. Bonus feature - add gps to locate club.

*&^8^!
*&^8^!
*&^8^!
*&^8^!

g*d d*mm*t!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm sorry you keep losing wedges - why not try putting it down between the hole and your golf cart/bag? Or lay it on top of the flag stick - you're sure to pick it up

In my Warbird Hot:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Reg Flex
3 Wood: Mercury Golf MR Jumbo 16*
Irons: X-20 4-AW
Putter: 33" Rossa FontanaShoes:Footjoy Contour

I have a friend that would probably like to own a system like thag. he loses clubs like crazy.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Yeh that would be great. Almost lost my SW the other day, left it near the bunker on the 2nd. Had to run back from the 5th tee all the way down and back up the hill of our 500 yard par 3. Luckily it is a terrible club and there weren't that many people playing.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

Yeah I thought about that same thing when I lost my PW years ago. It seems like it would be pretty darn easy. Put a little sensor in butt of the club under the grip and have a little beeper on your bag and if it goes outside X distance start beeping. It would be nice to have it send you a text on your cellphone too, something like "Hey DumbA** you forgot your wedge again!".

You should think about getting a club caddie. If your club was sticking up you are probably going to be less likely to forget it. Either that or just put the wedge on the green so you cant miss it.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Yeh that would be great. Almost lost my SW the other day, left it near the bunker on the 2nd. Had to run back from the 5th tee all the way down and back up the hill of our

500 yard par 3?

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* ($99 thanks to Dick's!)
3 Wood: 15* R7 steel
2 Hybrid: 17* 3DX DC
3 Hybrid: 20* 3DX DC
Irons: Tour Burner 4-AWWedges: 56* and 60* CG10Putter: Mid Sur cut to 34"; Karsten Craz E 35"Home Course: Olive Branch CC http://obcountryclub.com/

Woops, well spotted. 500 yard par 5.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

Your definatly onto something sir. I think you'd have a great chance with something like that and also appealing to the eye and barely noticeable on the club.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Administrator
I'm going to dissent and say that this idea is pretty darn silly.

If you forget your clubs, buy a $20 Club Caddy. I find it odd that people can complain about a $20 Club Caddy but would pay several hundred dollars for something like this.

If you forget your clubs, you're going to forget to replace the batteries in the sensors OR the base unit, too, and thus you'll forget your clubs yet again.

GPS chips don't cost much, but they use a fair amount of power, and how would you build something that didn't affect the performance characteristics (weight, for example) of the club?

It's a non-starter.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!