IGNORED

Augusta National

Scott_Tee
Note: This thread is 5839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i guess not

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

I've walked it several times but don't have the connections to play it. Not many do. Beautiful place though.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

My pro played it years ago in its usual setup for members and without all of the grandstands and tournement stuff set up. He said that it was a very serene place to play, but the course itself was a little overrated, almost artifical in a way. If the masters wasnt set up the way it is, the pro players would be shooting 15-20 under comfortably durning that tournament.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

The Vice President of America applied for a membership there and was turned down.

Shows you how hard it is to play it.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

The Vice President of America applied for a membership there and was turned down.

Cant say I blame them....

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I don't know if this is a myth or is just being told incorrectly, but he couldn't have applied and been turned down because there is no such thing as an application process at Augusta National. Invitation only, no applications accepted.

Impressed with course?

I prefer Pine Valley.

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I don't know if this is a myth or is just being told incorrectly, but he couldn't have applied and been turned down because there is no such thing as an application process at Augusta National. Invitation only, no applications accepted.

that's correct. invitation. now talking about someone trying to play a course and getting turned down. Bill Clinton at Olympic country club.

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

that's correct. invitation. now talking about someone trying to play a course and getting turned down. Bill Clinton at Olympic country club.

I bet they did that because he would get so much attention there and it would be absolute chaos.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

A buddy of mine (who is a succesful businessman in his own right, and plays to a 4) caddys there, and thus gets to play annually on caddy day. Usually plays more than 36 holes that day. Says it's almost surreal, but amazing to do especially the first time. Also says they make it MUCH easier for the members to play, as from the tips (Masters tees), it's neigh-on impossible (those tees aren't officially open on caddy day, but they've played a couple holes to see what it was like).

My old neighbor's son is the superintendent at Augusta (or whatever his official title is), and he plays the course each year with his son for about a week. I've also talked to some Ga. Tech golfers who have played the course. Obviously, none of them say a bad word about the course. From my own personal experience of going to the Masters, I can't imagine the course being easy for the pros with the course so long as it is today.

3JACK

I know a few friends that have played it. They say it is an incredibly special place.

My dad and I got invited to play once. Hopefully will again someday.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I have not played there....YET.....but know several people who have including my Dad who has played 4 or 5 times. The course is much easier when it is setup for the members with the tees moved up and the greens just a tad bit slower.
What's in my bag:

G5 10.5 degree Driver
G5 3 wood
G5 3-PWTour 52, 56 & 60 degree wedgesPro V1 weapons of mass destructionPinseeker 1500 Rangefinder

Asking to be a member is actually frowned upon.

Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Note: This thread is 5839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!