IGNORED

NCAA Division I Men's NCAA Championship

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 5818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Gareth Shaw from East Tennessee St. is going to be a good professional as well. He is a very talented young golfer, and he may lead his team to a good finish this week.

I'm delighted to read that you've heard of this guy - he's one of our best at the moment. Though I think he's a little behind Shane Lowery, just broken into the top 20 in the world.

What sort of handicaps are the Division 1 players? I think Shaw is around +2

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

East Tennessee State always gets the guys from across the pond. They had Rhys Davies the last few years, and I think he will be a good one as well. I try to follow as many college golfers as possible, especially if they are successful at the junior level.

As for the handicap, the +2 is probably pretty close for a lot of the Division I golfers.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Go Pokes! O-State all the way baby!
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Bit random, but has anyone heard of a British golfer called Micheal Hart, plays off around + 2 - 4, I know he's playing golf at uni in America, but thats all I know.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Bit random, but has anyone heard of a British golfer called Micheal Hart, plays off around + 2 - 4, I know he's playing golf at uni in America, but thats all I know.

He plays at Florida Gulf Coast University. I noticed he was a medalist at one of the tournaments they played this season.

As for the NCAA Championship, USC is in first place after day one, with UCLA and Oklahoma State one shot back in a tie for second. It's going to be anyone's title to take this week with the tough course conditions.

Mississippi State baby! Graduated in 1976. Yes, I'm an old fart. And my school is in next to last place.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

CLEMSON TIGERS!

i dont keep up on college golf, but i was just starting to check it out. I played quite a few rounds with Kyle Stanley when I was in high school out at Canterwood golf club in Gig Harbor. he has always had a great swing and apparently has done quite well in the golf world im glad to see! i'll root for those guys too

♠ In the bag ♠
Driver► R7 SuperQuad 10.5º, ProForce V2 X
3 Wood► Steelhead III 15º
Hybrid► 2008 Baffler Pro 18º 2/R
Irons 3-P► 2008 Pro CB, Project X 6.0, +¼", 2° UpWedges► 52° RTG+DSG, 58º RTG+DSGPutter► White Hot Tour #1Ball► Pro V1xWhere I play:...

He plays at Florida Gulf Coast University. I noticed he was a medalist at one of the tournaments they played this season.

Ah, cheers!. He used to be a junior at my club before he moved to play golf in America, has he had any other success that you know of?

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

It's been years since my Texas Longhorns have fielded a decent squad.
What's in the bag:

G10 9 degree, TFC 129 shaft, stiff
Big Bertha 3 Wood
FTX 2i, Apex Plus 3i-E MP-R 52/07 and 56/13 Zing

As a Purdue alum, I'm rooting for the course.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

As a Purdue alum, I'm rooting for the course.

Your team is winning then.

The course is eating guys alive, except for a select few. UCLA's Kevin Chappell is -5, and he is about halfway through round two. I believe there are only two other guys under par, and one of those guys hasn't started round two yet. My Oklahoma State boys are struggling badly this morning. They started in third, and they are already down in 12th or something like that. Hopefully they can get things straightened out on the less difficult front nine.

There will be a cut after tomorrow's third round, and the top 15 will advance to the final round Saturday. Also, for what it's worth, NCAA.com will be showing some live feed of several holes tomorrow and Saturday. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

Here is how things are looking going into Friday's action.

1. Clemson (+13)
2. UCLA(+14)
3. Southern California (+15)
4. Florida, U of (+17)
5. Oklahoma State (+18)
6. Washington (+19)
7. Georgia (+20)
8. Stanford University (+21)
9. Kent State (+22)
10. Charlotte (+25)

Congrats to UCLA for winning it all, and congrats to UCLA's Kevin Chappell for being the low individual. It was crazy drama coming down the stretch, but UCLA edged out Stanford by one shot and USC by two shots. My Oklahoma State boys ended up in fourth.

Congrats to UCLA for winning it all, and congrats to UCLA's Kevin Chappell for being the low individual. It was crazy drama coming down the stretch, but UCLA edged out Stanford by one shot and USC by two shots. My Oklahoma State boys ended up in fourth.

Sweet! I wish I had some players on the team in the class I'm teaching. I could congratulate them more easily.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Go Bruins! #103

In my bag
Driver: Burner 460 9.5°
Fairway: V-Steel 15°
Utility: Rescue Dual 16°, 22°
Irons: 755 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey 50°, SM 56°, SM 64°Putter: Newport 2 Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1

It was good to see UCLA win but i was surprised to see Jamie Lovemark struggle so much he score wasnt included on the first day considering he was the medallist last year. Nerves or is it something else?

I don't believe the nerves got to Jamie Lovemark because he was the defending champion in the individual portion. He won it all as a freshman, so he knew what it would take to get the job done. The course was crazy difficult, and some of the nation's best had their fair share of struggles. It was just the nature of the beast, and Lovemark was affected this time around. I'm not sure if he will turn pro or not, but either way, he has a very bright future regardless of his performance in the NCAA Championship.

On a sidenote, the Trojans played very well considering Lovemark's struggles.

I forgot to post in this thread, but...

ONE FREAKING STROKE!!!!

Rob Grude played a great game.
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

Note: This thread is 5818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!