IGNORED

NCAA Division I Men's NCAA Championship

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 5818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The NCAA Championship begins tomorrow and will end on Saturday. I'm not sure if anyone else keeps up with college golf, but I definitely do. I'll be cheering for Oklahoma State as always, but there are a lot of teams with a chance to win it all. Keep an eye out for my preview article coming tomorrow morning, but for now, here are a few questions to hold you over until then.

1. Do you even keep up with college golf?

2. If so, who will you be cheering for at this year's NCAA Championship?

3. Also, which teams and individuals will win national titles this season?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where does one watch college golf?

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

AZ State Baby.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

Where does one watch college golf?

Oops, I didn't even notice that "watch" was part of the question. I remember it used to be on the ESPN networks, but it's nowhere to be found nowadays. It's a shame. Even The Golf Channel quit doing their College Golf Weekly show I believe.

Sorry about that.

Oops, I didn't even notice that "watch" was part of the question. I remember it used to be on the ESPN networks, but it's nowhere to be found nowadays. It's a shame. Even The Golf Channel quit doing their College Golf Weekly show I believe.

That's stupid.

People want to have the game expanded to a younger group, but now younger kids, say 12, have to watch 'old guys' play, instead of people closer to their age.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I follow the Univertiy of Nebraska, but they didn't put up a very strong effort this year.

I like Oklahoma State's chances. They usually put up at least three solid scores each day, and Ricki Fowler is obviously the favorite. Get this: His worst round in a competition this year is a 74. He has been top 10 in every single tournament. And hes only a freshman.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I like Oklahoma State's chances. They usually put up at least three solid scores each day, and Ricki Fowler is obviously the favorite. Get this: His worst round in a competition this year is a 74. He has been top 10 in every single tournament. And hes only a freshman.

Fowler was having a near-perfect season until the Central Regional a couple weeks ago. He shot a second-round 77 and ended up in a tie for 20th. Other than that, he has been in the top 10 every time. Nonetheless, I hope we keep him another season or two, but I doubt that will happen. He may be a one-and-done guy. Then again, USC's Jamie Lovemark stayed for his sophomore season this past year, so there is hope.

1. I don't because it is hard to follow it

2. I root for Oklahoma State and Oregon

3. I have no clue who will win the individual title, but as it has been said, OSU has had a solid team for a while, so I think they have a pretty good shot at winning

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I rarely get a chance to follow it, except the items in Golf Week. I suppose I root for UCLA's teams, and now that I know UC Irvine has a team, them too. The Daily Bruin occasionally has an article about golf, but I read that paper rarely, so the odds of me reading it on the day of an article is low.

Don't tell anyone at my school this, but I also find myself rooting for Jamie Lovemark when I see he's playing in a pro event. He isn't exactly someone a Bruin should be rooting for, but it's tough not to. I even picked him for my ESPN BB fantasy team one week.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

GO CARDINAL!

In all seriousness, we'll see if Stanford can pull through from a 6th ranking. They did win last year, after all. :)
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

Well, it is taking place at Purdue, where I am currently a student, so I really hope to be able to drive up and catch a round.

I follow Purdue's golf in the campus newspaper, but as far as I know, they do not seem to be very good.

I really wish it was on TV to catch a glimpse of the beautiful Pete Dye that we have....

Well, it is taking place at Purdue, where I am currently a student, so I really hope to be able to drive up and catch a round.

purdue student eh? me too. i am actually working at the championship on friday and saturday...anyone else going to be there?
In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

I really wish it was on TV to catch a glimpse of the beautiful Pete Dye that we have....

I watched a couple videos over at the Golfweek College website, and the course looked fantastic. It seriously looked legit enough to host a PGA Tour event. I believe it's nearly 7,500 yards, and the rough is six or seven inches in spots. It's going to be crazy if the wind gets out of hand.

Is that Camillo's brother at Florida now?

I'm shouting for East Tennessee St. with 4 Irish boys and one English on the team!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

CLEMSON TIGERS!

Stanley and Saunders are a good1-2 punch. They did not play up to expectations this year, but I hope they make a good showing this week.

In my Clemson Sun Mountain Superlight 3.5 bag
Driver - Cleveland Launcher 9 deg., stiff gold shaft
3 wood - Cleveland launcher 15 deg stiff gold shaft
3 Hybrid - Adams Boxer 19 deg
4 Hybrid - Nike Sumo2 hybrid 23 deg.Irons - Callaway X-18 Wedges - Cleveland CG 14 (50, 54, 58 degree)Putter -...

Is that Camillo's brother at Florida now?

Yes, Manuel is Camilo's brother.

Gareth Shaw from East Tennessee St. is going to be a good professional as well. He is a very talented young golfer, and he may lead his team to a good finish this week.

Note: This thread is 5818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!