IGNORED

Favorite Type Of Par

bogeyhitter25
Note: This thread is 5831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Type of Par?

• Par 3
    • Par 4
    • Par 5
    • Either one. It doesn't really matter.

Par 4. Indifferent tee shot, then actually make the decision to be smart and lay up. Then get and down for par. So much fun.

Golf, like the measles, should be caught young, for, if postponed to riper years, the results may be serious. ~P.G. Wodehouse

Statistically, Par 5's.
Most fun, drivable Par 4's

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Have you ever actually hit that hole? Or did you just type in "Golf Par 6" on Google lol.

only my hairdresser knows for sure

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Par 5.

More chance to make up for an error.

Bad drive doesn't necessarily mean no birdie opportunity.
"I say pick it up a******. Put it in your pocket. You're lucky you found it. Go the **** home will ya?"

--George Carlin

I'm an addict, so it's whatever I happen to be playing at the moment. -LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

I have no preference. If the hole is great there are feature to it that make the par only a small part of its greatness. There are many other variables to consider than just what par the hole is.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I always look foward to the par fives,before i book a t-time on a strange course i always look up the score card to see how many par fives are on it.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

It dosent matter to me, I just play whats in front of me. Though I do like long par 4's. Not because I hit the ball incrediablyfar (i cant) but I like the feeling of hustling those holes for par with course management while others I may be playing with struggle and make 7 or something because they try to bomb the ball to the green.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Par 4 are the best, especially short tight ones because there are so many options and if you execute you can get a birdie, but double is always there.

In My Bag:
Driver: 907D2 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 13*
5 Wood: 906F2 18*
Irons: : MP-32: 3-PWWedges: : Vokey 54.10 and 60.4Putter: Circa 62 Charcoal Mist Model #6

Par-5. They're a scoring opportunity for you, almost no matter what your ability.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The par 3 requires the most precision, because there is time to recover on a par 4 or 5. Hitting a terrible tee shot on a par 4 still leaves par in the equation most of hte time. hitting a terrible shot on a par 3 will often take par out of hte equation.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I would definitely say a par 3. Especially if it's over 200yds.

My philosophy:
Par 3 - Make a par and get away
Par 4 - If I'm in the FW, attack. If I didn't leave myself much opportunity, take what I've left myself andtry better on the next hole.
Par 5 - Attack and score.

Par 3's are where I make the majority of my bogeys. I do bogey some Par 4's, but far less than Par 3's. If I make par on a Par 5, I feel like it's a blown opportunity, no matter what.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

Statistically, Par 5's.

Agreed. X2 Sir

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I like par 3's because I have a reasonable chance of getting up and down on the tee shot. Then I have a chance at birdie, which I never, ever have on a par 4. Most par 4's I come up short with my 2nd shot and try to work extra hard to get up close to the pin. I have a tough time saving par on par 4's. Par 5's are a whole different story. Getting onto the green in 3 is a huge accomplishment for me.

Being new to golf can be really frustrating.

Note: This thread is 5831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!