IGNORED

2005 NFL Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 6673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lock of the week Big Blue over the Boys by 10

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its gonna be a good few weeks of the season. This is a big week foralot of teams. THe AFC playoff race is close. Jags are the number one wild card team and KC, SD, and Pitt are fighting for the 2nd wild card spot.

I see Pitt losing against the Bengals and the Bears and not making the playoffs.

Big Ben is a average at best QB. Its easy to pass when you have a great running game. That running game has been stoped. Now Big ben will have to throw the ball more. That means his true Rating will show up. Its easy to have a high passer rating when you have thrown less passes then any other starting QB in the league on average...

• Administrator
Its gonna be a good few weeks of the season. This is a big week foralot of teams. THe AFC playoff race is close. Jags are the number one wild card team and KC, SD, and Pitt are fighting for the 2nd wild card spot.

No they're not. When the Steelers beat Cincinatti they'll be the division leaders, and they face weak-ish teams the rest of the year.

I see Pitt losing against the Bengals and the Bears and not making the playoffs.

Well now I know you're just crazy.

Big Ben is a average at best QB. Its easy to pass when you have a great running game. That running game has been stoped.

It was stopped once this year. Once.

Now Big ben will have to throw the ball more. That means his true Rating will show up. Its easy to have a high passer rating when you have thrown less passes then any other starting QB in the league on average...

Not really, since touchdowns account for a big part of the passer rating. You're trying to talk yourself into it, but look at facts, INCLUDING the fact that his passer rating INCREASES after he's contacted. That's something you simply do not see around the league.

Big Ben is "average at best?" Sorry, but even the most adament Browns, Bengals, or Ravens fan will tell you that's BS.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well Big ben had the best game of his life and It was still not enough to win. I tell it like it is with no fan bias in my comments. Big Ben really shoed me something today. Yes he threw 3 picks but he played really well. THe play calling was outstanding on the steeler side of the ball. They were just out played. As expected and predicted..

• Administrator
Well Big ben had the best game of his life and It was still not enough to win. I tell it like it is with no fan bias in my comments. Big Ben really shoed me something today. Yes he threw 3 picks but he played really well. THe play calling was outstanding on the steeler side of the ball. They were just out played. As expected and predicted..

Actually, they were out-coached, which ain't hard these days. Bilbo Cowher is a moron and I've been lobbying for his replacement for quite some time now.

You can't say it was expected. The line was -5.5 on the Steelers.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, the game was good. I try to catch some of the games each week, but I probably caught 75% of the Steelers/Bengals game yesterday. I'm a semi-Bengals fan and have been since 1988ish. So I was happy they won.

The Steelers need to start worrying about making the playoffs instead of catching the Bengals for the division. They are 2 games back now, and it isn't likely the Bengals will lose many more. But they are the Bengals, and losing 4 straight games isn't out of the question for them. The Steelers just don't seem "intimidating" right now, and I think that's one characteristic they have had in their great years. When the Bengals come out hang 38 on you, you aren't intimidating. They need to get back to the attitude of wanting to punch people in the mouth. That's their best philosophy.

Anyway, that's what I think.

How about them Ravens? 4-8 now baby!! They tried to choke it off yesterday against the Texans, but the Texans are horrendous.

• Administrator
The Steelers need to start worrying about making the playoffs instead of catching the Bengals for the division.

No they don't. They need to worry about next year. They probably won't make the playoffs. They need to clean house and try out some rookies. The secondary is fine so long as the coaching improves. The linebackers need replaced. Half of the offensive line needs replaced. The RB situation needs resolved. And, most importantly, the coaching staff needs to be fired.

The latter will never happen, and because of it, none of the other stuff will either.
They need to get back to the attitude of wanting to punch people in the mouth. That's their best philosophy.

It won't happen. Every year Cowher and his current staff of coaches remain in the attitude is weaker and weaker.

Bill Cowher needs to go. That's the single biggest move the Steelers could make to guarantee success in 2006.

I hate Bill Cower and would love to see him go. Its not going to happen. As for the Line that means nothing to me. Thats for gambling.. Im not gambling on the game Im just watching it.

I expected the bengals to win. I also predicted them to win..

As for out coached. I don't really think that was the case this game. This was one of the best coaching games Bill Cower has had as a steeler..

The problem we have is players. We don't have good enough WR's. We don't have a starting RB. Our Def line is weak, old and slow. Our DB's need some major imporvment.

The Bengals have more skill all around. They have a better QB,RB,WR,CB,D-Linemen. LB's are about the same IMO. O-line is about the same. Its all about the Skill position.

If we are going to run the 3-4 def we need to improve our D-line. They are not good enough to protect the LB's.. Thats why Ike Taylor is the Steelers leading tackler. That shoud never happen in 3-4 base def. A lb should always be the leading Tackler. If its not a LB then something is wrong with the protection scheme.

• Administrator
I hate Bill Cower and would love to see him go. Its not going to happen.

Duh. The Rooneys, God love 'em, are a loyal people. To a fault.

As for the Line that means nothing to me. Thats for gambling.. Im not gambling on the game Im just watching it.

I quoted the line because you talked about what "most people" thought or something. The line shows what most people think. That's all. I could have also run down the list of people who disagreed with you, but the line did it pretty well...

As for out coached. I don't really think that was the case this game. This was one of the best coaching games Bill Cower has had as a Steeler.

I disagree. It was slop and slather on defense and the special teams coaching was HORRIBLE. They've been declining since the end of last year (and even earlier last year) and have reached HORRID levels. Where was the hitting?

The problem we have is players. We don't have good enough WR's.

Untrue.

We don't have a starting RB.

No, the problem is that we have two (and a half) and Whisenhunt can't decide which he likes more.

Our Def line is weak, old and slow. Our DB's need some major imporvment.

Our line is fine - Hampton, Smith, and Von Oelhoffen do a steady job. Our DBs are also fine, but poorly coached and all too often "playing soft."

The Bengals have more skill all around. They have a better QB,RB,WR,CB,D-Linemen. LB's are about the same IMO. O-line is about the same. Its all about the Skill position.

Their quarterback is not better. Their running back is not better. Their WRs are marginally better and that's only because they have a slightly better #2 guy. Their defensive linemen are NOT better, and their cornerbacks aren't very good either.

Their linebackers aren't better, but they played better. Their offensive line also played better (specifically, the left side).
If we are going to run the 3-4 def we need to improve our D-line.

I don't know why you keep saying "our." I don't know you as a Steelers fan.

They are not good enough to protect the LB's.

That's not the role of a line in a 3-4 defense. The role of the line in the 3-4 is to get penetration on runs and to open some gaps for blitzes on pass plays. They do both quite effectively. It's the sorry sack of LBs Pittsburgh has allowed to develop (bad coaching - Porter USED to be good, Farrior USED to be good, etc.) that have failed this year. A Cinci LB had two INTs Sunday - how many have the Steeler LBs had in the past 5 games? 8 games? How many sacks?

Thats why Ike Taylor is the Steelers leading tackler.

Because the linebackers suck, not because the linemen suck.

That shoud never happen in 3-4 base def. A lb should always be the leading Tackler. If its not a LB then something is wrong with the protection scheme.

Or the linebacker. Derrr...

That's not the role of a line in a 3-4 defense. The role of the line in the 3-4 is to get penetration on runs and to open some gaps for blitzes on pass plays. They do both quite effectively. It's the sorry sack of LBs Pittsburgh has allowed to develop (bad coaching - Porter USED to be good, Farrior USED to be good, etc.) that have failed this year. A Cinci LB had two INTs Sunday - how many have the Steeler LBs had in the past 5 games? 8 games? How many sacks?

That is the sole purpous of the Def line in a 3-4 base Def. They are there to eat up blocks and free up the LB.. Its always about protecting the LB's in a 3-4 thats the whole idea behind it.

What you said is the Job of the D-line in a 4 man front. Not a 3 man front. Thats the major diffrence in the concept. WR we are fine? Did you drink to much Iron City watching the game? Morgan was not even good enough to be a brown. He failed in Dal. Randel El is to small to be an effective SE.. Ward is pefrect for the FL position in the offense. Miller is a great TE. 2 and half starting RB's? Ok Staley has never really done anything in his Career. Bettis is almost 280 pounds and is way to out of shape to play IN the NFL today.. Parker just does not show the Vision to be a starting RB. He is unable to read the blocks well enough to be effective back all the time. If he makes the right read he breaks a 20 yarder if he don't he gets 2. You said something that pretty much made my point.. Porter (used to be good) Farrior Used to be good. You right but they are getting older. Farrior had one good year and Porter has not really been the same since he got Shot in the Ass out side that night club... They are also not being protected the way they should be.. Lets see what happens against the Best D line in the league. Then we will have a better idea of how our O-line plays and how well the WR's can get open...

Might I interject that the Seahawks killed the Eagles... not thay anyone expected the Eagles to win. 42-0?! The real test comes against the Colts on Christmas eve. They face the lowly 49ers and Titans and then the Colts. Last game of the season is against Green Bay. Pretty easy schedule except for Indianapolis.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
What you said is the Job of the D-line in a 4 man front. Not a 3 man front. Thats the major diffrence in the concept.

Errrr, no. In a 3-4 the linebackers are supposed to be the stars, and they do that by having the front three be strong but mostly to put a hat on a hat (or two), leaving the LBs to make plays (tackles, INTs, blitzes, disrupt plays, flush out screens, etc.).

WR we are fine? Did you drink to much Iron City watching the game? Morgan was not even good enough to be a brown. He failed in Dal. Randel El is to small to be an effective SE. Ward is pefrect for the FL position in the offense. Miller is a great TE.

The wide receivers are fine. Ward is a ball hawk who runs great routes and isn't afraid (enjoys) hits. Randle El is fast and elusive in the open field (and sucks ass at kick returns). Morgan is the third receiver, along with Wilson. With something more than half-assed coaching, #3 and #4 would be perfectly be fine. Morgan is also the fastest guy on the team.

I never doubted that Miller was a great TE. That the Steelers have thrown to him more than once a game shows that they may actually try to use him effectively. If they're smart, they'd use Parker out of the backfield, too, and for a lot more than the dumbass screens they call twice ag ame. So, even if we remove Morgan, that's four pretty damn good weapons to catch passes and make something happen after the catch.
2 and half starting RB's? Ok Staley has never really done anything in his Career.

As a Steeler and when he's had holes, he's been quite effective. When Max Starks and/or some of the other lards on the OL fail to open holes, nobody could find their way through. The Steelers had a pretty damn good rushing average last year, remember. Staley did that.

Bettis is almost 280 pounds and is way to out of shape to play IN the NFL today.

He's the "half" in "two and a half." He should have retired, but at the same time, he's better than a few other teams' starting RBs. He's the half.

Parker just does not show the Vision to be a starting RB. He is unable to read the blocks well enough to be effective back all the time. If he makes the right read he breaks a 20 yarder if he don't he gets 2.

Dude, watch game film.

Porter (used to be good)

You don't PROTECT your gosh darn linebackers. What kind of nonsense BS is that? Your linebackers HIT THE SHIT out of people, they don't "get protected."

No response necessary. Believe me.

• Administrator
Getting back on topic, let's go for post-season predictions...

AFCC: Denver over Indianapolis
NFCC: Seattle over Chicago
SBXL: Seattle over Denver

Yes, a year after the NFC was utter crap, I'm going with Seattle to win it all this year. Of course, there's still a lot of football left to be played (injuries, etc.) but that's my hunch right now.

Jeff should be ridin' high!

Under, Over and Solid are strategic adjustments made by 3-4 teams. Both Under and Over calls are used to

Just wanted to post this for you. This is from a former ILB who played in the NFL.

This thread is waiting to be deleted!!!

Seem's like everyone is jumpin on the Seahawk band wagon, yeah baby!
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Seem's like everyone is jumpin on the Seahawk band wagon, yeah baby!

I'm not. Call me not objective on the issue (as a Big Blue fan), but SEA were one... ok, two... ok, three (

) lousy field goal attempts away, to be just "one of the conteders" as supposed to pace setters. What the did to Eagles was impressive, no doubt, but the Eagles are pathetic this year. Alexander is a stud, no doubt, other than that? not much of a talent. I don't think it's enough. Chicago defense will finally let a game slip away, and their offence won't be there to bail them out (because they're NEVER there ). All that said - I really belive (I know, I know - I WANT to belive), that Giants have a legit shot at superbowl. Their defense is solid and offence now and then can surprise with a great play... Is it going to be enough against Indy? no. Pending a total collapse (what Manning is known for if we're talking playoffs ) they're the team to beat and nobody IMHO can do it now. They should be undefeated and go all the way. If Giants will be the last team to get beat - I can live with that. It's nice to see your team in the big game and even if not winning - at least witness football history in making. Manning vs. Manning is my prediction. GO BIG BLUE !

I'm not. Call me not objective on the issue (as a Big Blue fan), but SEA were one... ok, two... ok, three (

So what you're saying is that the Giants should have won, they were almost there? No. Bottom line, they lost. (I'm just trash talking you

)
What the did to Eagles was impressive, no doubt, but the Eagles are pathetic this year.

I agree, the Eagles suck. Without T.O. (good riddance... whoever picks him up needs menal help) and McNabb they are pathetic.

Alexander is a stud, no doubt, other than that? not much of a talent. I don't think it's enough.

The Seahawks are fourth in total offence in the NFL currently. Yeah, Alexander is great... he opens up the field for others to shine. You've got to pay attention to Alexander because he can juke. And then you're standing there with your jock strap around your ankles.

Chicago defense will finally let a game slip away, and their offence won't be there to bail them out (because they're NEVER there ). All that said - I really belive (I know, I know - I WANT to belive), that Giants have a legit shot at superbowl. Their defense is solid and offence now and then can surprise with a great play... Is it going to be enough against Indy? no. Pending a total collapse (what Manning is known for if we're talking playoffs ) they're the team to beat and nobody IMHO can do it now. They should be undefeated and go all the way. If Giants will be the last team to get beat - I can live with that. It's nice to see your team in the big game and even if not winning - at least witness football history in making. Manning vs. Manning is my prediction. GO BIG BLUE !

I'm a faithful Seattle fan, but its up to Seattle to prove it to their fans that they can do more than make the playoffs and lose. Its been since the middle 80's that they actually won a playoff game and they have no SB appearances under their belt. They must prove themselves against the very best in this league. BUT!!! I'm sticking with them. I think the biggest thing Seattle has to do is continue to play with confidence. They shouldn't second guess themselves for a second. They've got the skillz to. go. all. the. way.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I feel like mixing things up a bit.

Indy over San Diego in AFC
Carolina over NY Giants in NFC (If the match-ups work out)

I really feel the Panthers have the best overall team in the NFC. And when it comes crunch time, they will show it. The Giants are probably the most talented team offensively, but they just haven't showed enough killer instinct to make it to the Super Bowl. I think they will win the rematch over Seattle to get to the NFC Championship. But Carolina has been here before, and they will be too much for the G Men.

As for the AFC, I'm just going with Indy. I don't care who they play, they will beat anyone standing in their way. They will have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs and pretty much in the Super Bowl as well. They are winning it this time around.

My sleeper is San Diego. I think they are awesome overall, but they have had a hellacious schedule and playing without Gates at first hurt them. They are in a rhythym now, and if the past shows us anything, it's whoever is on a roll going into the playoffs usually keeps rolling. If, and it's a decent-sized IF, San Diego makes the playoffs at all, they will meet Indy in the AFC title game.

Super Bowl
Indy- 35 Carolina- 24

Note: This thread is 6673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!