IGNORED

A Few Questions - Membership price, tee selection

gsu_paintballer
Note: This thread is 5797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I finally joined a local course today. It's $40 a month for students, and we pay cart fees unless we walk (no weekend walking). The course is very walkable, and I have walked 9 twice this week with no problems (except the 200% GA humidity). Because of this, I wont be paying cart fees unless my girlfriend tags along or I play weekends.

Did I get ripped or is that a pretty decent deal?

I've been playing from the short tees (5100 yards). Is this where most beginners start or should I be playing from farther back?

I finally joined a local course today. It's $40 a month for students, and we pay cart fees unless we walk (no weekend walking). The course is very walkable, and I have walked 9 twice this week with no problems (except the 200% GA humidity). Because of this, I wont be paying cart fees unless my girlfriend tags along or I play weekends.

I'd kill to only pay $40/month. LMAO As long as the tees you are playing on arent red then you are fine playing from there.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thats not a bad rate. I cannot comment on the value because i dont know the quality of the course. I would stick with the forward tees until you are able to get better and hit a little farther.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

40x12 months= $480 That's a great deal, I pay more than that. Keep golfing and you'll get your moneys worth soo fast.

Playing from the front is also a good idea, If you feel when you have great drives and you are constantly being left with very short irons to the green on no matter what par 4, you should consider moving back, but if you are constantly approaching with long irons, move up.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

It really depends on the quality of the course. My home course is quite good quality, definitely a player's course and not a ritzy country club. With military discount I pay $112 a month.

As long as the tees you are playing on arent red then you are fine playing from there.

Actually they are. Why should I not play them?

The white tees are about an extra 640 yards, which isn't that bad. I'll still have to play a couple of the reds till I get better though. The reds eliminate a couple dangerous water hazards. Dent, I'm hitting my 6-iron a lot better than my 5, and I get it about 110 yards or so. I generally seem to get about 150 or so with the driver due to my lack of practice with it. I'm going to mention that for my lesson in the morning. I'm pleased with the irons, but my putting and driving need work.

Actually they are. Why should I not play them?

Yep, play from the front tees, playing from the backs sometimes is an ego thing.

Dont feel emberassed about playing the front tees.
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm a 20 year old guy, so sometimes I wonder if people chuckle at my front tee play. I have been going out during the week though, and walking 9 holes. There are generally a couple foursomes and me. Quite a pleasing environment to be on a more or less empty golf course.

I'll try out some weekend play when I feel I won't be holding anyone up.

It took me 1.5 hours for walking 9 today. How is that for time?

As for tee distances, here they are - but I dont think they're too accurate
Gold - 6706
Blue - 6218
White - 5688
Red - 5050 (what I have been playing)

He is right, if there are 4 tee options, try the Whites, its great to start on longer distances as well. Helps alot more in the long run.

1.5 hrs is great time! The average 9 holes takes about 2 hrs 15 mins.
In My Bag

Play from the white tees. The red tees are the women's tees. ("Not that there's anything wrong with that!")

I'm going out again tomorrow after class (college summer classes suck), so I'll move it back to the whites and see how everything goes.

He is right, if there are 4 tee options, try the Whites, its great to start on longer distances as well. Helps a lot more in the long run.

My main problem is my driver. If I could just get it to 200 yards, my game would be much better.

I'd play a dog track for 40 bucks a month, that would cover one twilight round during the week for me here. Play from the white tees, you kind of have too because there is a tradition in golf that if you don't hit your ball past the ladies tees.....
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I'd play a dog track for 40 bucks a month, that would cover one twilight round during the week for me here. Play from the white tees, you kind of have too because there is a tradition in golf that if you don't hit your ball past the ladies tees.....

Remember, I still have to pay cart fees or walk.

And I googled your "tradition" I probably shouldn't take that risk.

Just keep playing, whatever tees you play from. It will look like you are making no progress, but then all of a sudden, within a couple of weeks depending on how often you play, you will make a drastic improvement. Last July, I always shot 115 to 120, but I went out 1 day and shot a 95. Since that day, I have only failed to break 100 7 times. I don't know if it is a mental barrier or what, but once you do it, it seems like it becomes easier.

Just my 2 cents

Tour Burner TP
r7 Fairway Woods
r7 TP Irons/RAC TP Wedges
White Hot XG Sabertooth Putter

That is great! If you want to make a BIG improvement, work on chipping and putting. That is the easiest and fastest way to shave strokes.

Tour Burner TP
r7 Fairway Woods
r7 TP Irons/RAC TP Wedges
White Hot XG Sabertooth Putter

Note: This thread is 5797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!