IGNORED

bunkers are ruining golf for me pls help!

Note: This thread is 5795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

An extra piece of advice that I've developed through my own practice is to

I still need to get out in a bunker and practice, but I used this piece of advice today for my two bunker shots I faced and saved par with both of them, had to make a 10ft and 8ft putt but at least my bunker shots were on the green and not in a different zip code. Thanks BEN!!! Now I am 3/22 for sand saves this year(hehehe)

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I cracked this one. I bought Stan Utley's
The art of the short game
and started doing exactly what he says. I always had a problem with that open stance. What he says works perfectly for me. No jitters now.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

"I suck at bunker shots"

"Then don't hit it in the bunker"

sorry, couldn't help it

that what my smart-butt friends do when i complain about my game

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• 2 weeks later...
My 2 cents will be, so your basic set up, and then focus on hitting 1 inch or inch and a half back, keeping your head down, dont slide your hips forward, because then you will blade out the ball, and your final score will be a real shame. Another thing, dont try to get to deep into the sand, just swing as if you want to pass below the ball half and inch max.

What´s in my bag

Driver: Hibore Monster 10.5 Regular Flex, Fujikura
3 wood: Big Bertha 15 Stiff Flex
Hybrid: Halo 22 (3) StiffIrons: X18 3-PWWedges: Vokey Spin 56; 60Putter: Ball: Pro V1

I was having troubles getting out of the sand consistently too. The five things I have heard consistently over and over are :
1) Open stance to target
2) Open clubface
3) Ball forward in stance
4) Hit sand ~1.5-2" behind ball
5) Swing through the ball (don't decelerate)

...but the drill that a friend showed me that is very simple and effective is to:
1) Create a long line in the sand
2) Place a few balls in front of the line (about 1.5 - 2")
3) Hit the sand behind the ball and watch as your ball comes out of the sand with ease.

This practice drill helped me more than anything. You'll be able to tell not only by the result (i.e. thin shot, or too much sand) but also by where the club entered the sand. Was it in front of the line or behind the line? Also, when you go out on the course, you will visually see the imaginary line behind the ball and you will get more balls safely out of the sand traps.

My Golf Blog

Note: This thread is 5795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!