IGNORED

2008 US Open Thread (TP South)

Mr. Sparkle
Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocco should remember how he blew golden opportunities on 9 and 10.

Great tournament, though. I bet Mickelson choked on a few fish tacos watching this.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

So bummed for Rocco...but the guy was a class act.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Rocco should remember how he blew golden opportunities on 9 and 10.

To say he "blew" anything is absurd. The guy went toe to toe with the best golfer who has ever sucked air.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Indeed. Rocco really threw away that sudden death hole, but I guess that's how it goes.
-Kevin
In the Nike Pro Tour Combo Bag:
907 D2 9.5*
906F2 18* 5W
585H 21* 3 Hybrid 735.CM 4-PW 51.06 MP-T & 56.13 MP-T White Hot #1

this proves that nike golf clubs are better than calloway

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Thanks everyone for the coverage. It was great.

--------------------------
In the bag:
TaylorMade R7 draw 9* Driver
Cleveland Halo 14* hybrid 0i
Cleveland Halo 19* hybrid 2iTaylorMade R7 draw rescue 22* hybrid 4TaylorMade R7 draw rescue 25* hybrid 5TaylorMade R7 draw irons 6-SWTitleist vokey 60* spin-milledTaylorMade Rossa Monaco putterAll...

Yep, congrats to Tiger! Move over Jack there is a freight train coming through. After this monumental win, Tiger in my mind is the best to ever tee it up!

Best US Open I have ever seen!
Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5 Red Prolaunch Stiff
3 Wood/5Wood: Taylormade Tour Burner TP Stiff
Hybrid: Taylormade CGB 3i Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 Project X 5.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52/56Putter: Odessey 2 BallBall: Srixon Z-URS

Thanks for the play by play, looking forward to the playback tonight.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

that was a memorable 17th major for tiger, three more to catch jack at 20

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Amazing tournament. Couldn't have asked for a better tournament and a better player to fight with Tiger. Rocco is such a class act and it was a shame that he couldn't win the Open but I just couldn't root against Tiger. Hopefully Rocco can win a tournament or two in the next few years before he hangs it up.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Well done Rocco! We're proud of you - you should be too.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Best US Open I have ever seen!

True dat! I was really bummed I couldnt go, but I could practically hear the roars in my backyard.

I got to watch the last couple holes of the playoff. Big props to Rocco for keepin up with Tiger for 18 extra holes. Tiger is not the best yet, but theres no doubt that he will be the greatest of all time. And hopefully the knee strain from the tournament didnt cause lasting damage. That would really suck if he had to shortside his career. I was way wrong on my predictions. I didnt think he would finish top ten and I was sure of it, but boy was I wrong...
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I don't expect we'll see much of Woods before The Open Championship. He'll probably want to get the knee in the best possible shape for that. He does not care much about anything but majors anyway.

SubPar

Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!