IGNORED

Here we go again.

ezmoney5150
Note: This thread is 5811 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The first hole of the US Open and I have to sit through watching Tiger Woods hit 6 bad shots while Adam Scott and Phil Mickelson we get to see only two shots.

They were both on the green in regulation and we don't even get to see their birdie putts.

We do get to see Tiger pitch out of the rough then miss the green, then pitch it back on and miss the bogey putt. He almost missed the double bogey putt.

I emailed ESPN and told them I'm not going to sit through another Winged Foot, where I have to watch 76 strokes by Tiger and 10 by the leader.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I feel you, but they're just giving the public what they believe the public wants. Someone from ESPN will cite the big ratings jumps whenever Tiger is playing or whatever.

Well if they keep it up I'll turn it off. I will also tell ESPN that I did.

Not that they care.

What's in my bag
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Yeah, it's annoying. Even worse is all of the crap they're showing instead of the golf being played - animations of Tiger's knee joint, swing video comparing his swing from 2002 and 2008, etc. Pretty much what you can expect from ESPN.

I'm hoping the coverage on NBC will be better, as well as the DirecTV U.S. Open Mix channels.

P.S. That bunker shot that Tiger just hit to 1 foot was incredible.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Yeah, it's annoying. Even worse is all of the crap they're showing instead of the golf being played - animations of Tiger's knee joint, swing video comparing his swing from 2002 and 2008, etc. Pretty much what you can expect from ESPN.

That bunker shot was sick.

I guess the question I would ask is whats the difference between watching Tiger hit some bad shots and watching Scott blow 2 birdie chances?

Andrew

Where are you watching this? The US Open site said there's no TV coverage until 10am PDT (1pm EDT).

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I'm watching on ESPN right now.

What's in my bag

Where are you watching this? The US Open site said there's no TV coverage until 10am PDT (1pm EDT).

ESPN until 3 p.m. then NBC from 3 to 5, then back to ESPN from 5 til 10 p.m.

Also, if you have DirecTV, they are showing some specialty coverage on several channels beginning with channel 701. This starts at 1.
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I am started to get real annoyed with ESPNs coverage. We have seen like no golf shots and a bunch of random stories and commentary. We didnt even get to see Mickelsons birdie putt. Now they are talking about putters. Sighhh.

My ESPN is not showing it. I'm seeing what rycur12 is seeing - putters and special interest stories, no golf.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

My ESPN is not showing it. I'm seeing what rycur12 is seeing - putters and special interest stories, no golf.

That's it. It's called U.S. Open Extra. They show them playing every now and then, but not live.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. At least you get to watch something . I'm stuck at work with the usopen.com leaderboard as my only resource. Heck, I don't even have the regular pgatour.com "play by play" for this one. All I can do is click refresh. Unless someone else has a better source then by all means let me know.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

The first hole of the US Open and I have to sit through watching Tiger Woods hit 6 bad shots while Adam Scott and Phil Mickelson we get to see only two shots.

That's exactly why I hated this pairing from the get go.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

This is HORRIBLE coverage. ESPN is terrible with golf. No one cares about how golf is a 'mental' game more than physical. I tuned into WATCH the tournament. All they show is TW, Mickelson, and Scott so far. Haven't seen the leaders hit a shot and been watching for 40 minutes now!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I believe the reason why the coverage was so spotty was some sort of agreement with the USGA and just which networks get to carry how many hours of coverage. By putting all the extra stuff in there ESPN could claim that they really weren't showing the tourny live - just highlights live - until their regularly alotted broadcast time.

Andrew

I absolutely despise having to watch any sort of sporting even on ESPN and will only watch it as an absolute last resort. I hate the fact that coverage starts so late and that the "wordwide leader" is our only option. Their coverage is never about the game itself, but, instead, manufactured maudlin stories that are completely ancillary to the event itself (some guy from South Dakota has a heart attack, Curtis Strange hates his putter, et al...).

Also...Chris Berman should never be allowed near an open microphone or television camera. He is absolutely awful and just a loathsome "commentator."

I really really really hate ESPN.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Also...Chris Berman should never be allowed near an open microphone or television camera. He is absolutely awful and just a loathsome "commentator."

Yeah, he's pretty terrible. At least it's not Stuart Scott.

Note: This thread is 5811 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!