IGNORED

Wedges ?????

Note: This thread is 5844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have two thoughts about buying equipment and using what you have.

I personally own 3 wedges: 60- 80yards, 56- 90 yards, 52- 100 yards.
but I also learn to hit between yards which you can learn also:

1) choke down
2) half swing or 3/4 swing
3) aim left and open the club face (Hubert Green use to do this)
4) take something off the shot
5) punch shot

I have a friend that is a 3 handicap golfer and he only carrys 10 clubs, if he has to hit a driver 210 he can, normally he will hit his driver 260 yards.

Its a little harder for me to do this but he's making me try. if I am between shots I like to aim left and open my club face expecting the ball flight to be left to right and expecting a bounce to the right when it lands.

try it you might like it and you might start taking clubs out of you bag too.

good luck.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

i went to the range last night and picked out a spot roughly 30- 50 yds out and hit both wedges. My 56 it took many swings to get in a good tempo to get it there. My 48 was much easier to get the ball to land in the area but was a little deep with it. I think i 53 degree wedge will fix it. I am not spending 100 bucks on a wedge either, there is a acuity one at dicks for 40 bucks. My clubs are the same company so i though i would just keep it the same.

haha, you seem so convinced you need another club, when Infact, if you get your swing right, you can make it there with a 56.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I bought my putting..... went from 3 putts on almost every hole with my crappy putter that came with my set to 1 or 2 puts with my new odyssey. And i went out in the backyard and marked off 50 yds and my swing is alittle short of 9 o'clock with a full follow through...... full speed swing. It feels uncomfortable but more less loft will make and even shorter swing but i am definatly not going up in loft so i am just gonna keep what i got.

Speed LD F Stiff Shaft 9.5*
3dx dc 2 ironwood 17*
3dx dc 4 ironwood 23*
710 AP1 5 - P
50.08 Spin Milled CC 56.11 Spin Milled CC 60.04 Spin Milled CCDual Force 2 Putter #1 Pro V1xForget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

You coming up short with a 56* from that distance is not right. Even someone with a 36 handicap should be able to make it on a full swing.

If you took the 36 handicap off of my thingy it isn't correct. In fact i don't even know my handicap. I just go out and play golf and try to improve my score throughout the summer so i am good and ready for school golf.

Speed LD F Stiff Shaft 9.5*
3dx dc 2 ironwood 17*
3dx dc 4 ironwood 23*
710 AP1 5 - P
50.08 Spin Milled CC 56.11 Spin Milled CC 60.04 Spin Milled CCDual Force 2 Putter #1 Pro V1xForget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

I use my 60* lob wedge for anything inside 100. 56* sand wedge for 101-120 or so and 48* pw from 120-140 or so. Are those about the right distances for each wedge? It seems like I can hit my lob wedge a lot longer than I should be able to. I'm pretty scared of hitting it thin under 100 and blasting it past the green. Around the green within 10 yards or so I chip with the 56* wedge and let it run.

To me, 100 yards with a lob wedge seems long. I currently have a 56* sand wedge that, if I took a full swing, which I never do with my gap or sand wedge, would go 100 yards. I don't use my 56* though for anything past 90 yards. My 53* is for 90-110 yards and than my 46* PW is for 115-135 yards.

Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

I use my 60* lob wedge for anything inside 100. 56* sand wedge for 101-120 or so and 48* pw from 120-140 or so. Are those about the right distances for each wedge? It seems like I can hit my lob wedge a lot longer than I should be able to. I'm pretty scared of hitting it thin under 100 and blasting it past the green. Around the green within 10 yards or so I chip with the 56* wedge and let it run.

Those are very good distances with those clubs. What kind of ball flight are you getting? You want a high ball flight that lands softly with your wedges. Otherwise you may be delofting the club face somehow which would give you more distance but a lower ball flight than may be desireable.

I don't even want to attempt anything with my sandwedge over 80 yards because I want a high ball flight and control. Then I use my gap wedge to about 100 yards and pitching wedge to about 125 yards.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

Note: This thread is 5844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!