IGNORED

How to stop cupping my right wrist??

Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody have a good tip on how to stop cupping my right wrist? I have a bad issue with this? Is their any drills or tips anybody has? Or is it an left wrist thing? I'm lost please help.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

Anybody have a good tip on how to stop cupping my right wrist? I have a bad issue with this? Is their any drills or tips anybody has? Or is it an left wrist thing? I'm lost please help.

When is your right wrist 'cupping' in the swing? At the top of your back swing the right wrist will always assume a slightly cupped position and just before impact the right wrist will appear slighty cupped.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

its just at impact and the clubhead get's in front of my hands? When I try to slow down hands that's when i start hitting the hoselrockets? I want a couple drills to try at the range.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff

Try putting a popsicle stick between your glove and the back of your left hand on the range. This will force you to hit the ball with the back of your left hand instead of releasing the club too early. If you don't do it correctly.....Ouch!
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Try putting a popsicle stick between your glove and the back of your left hand on the range. This will force you to hit the ball with the back of your left hand instead of releasing the club too early. If you don't do it correctly.....Ouch!

I will try that, kind of sounds like the Rick Smith golf glove? Would you say to keep the top of my left hand facing the target?

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff

I will try that, kind of sounds like the Rick Smith golf glove? Would you say to keep the top of my left hand facing the target?

Yes, it helps to you to create the feeling of a solid, firm left wrist that is facing the target during impact. Believe me, no need to buy a fancy training aid. Just one popsicle stick will do it. Definitely worth a try.

In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Thanks for the tip I will give it a go tomorrow.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff

Oh, Ok I see what you mean.

I would suggest buying a power/impact bag, as these help to ingrain and encourage the correct position at impact.

http://www.118golf.co.uk/scripts/pro...?idproduct=319 An example of an impact bag.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

If I were you, I wouldnt do that popsicle stick thing. You can try it doing slow motion backswing and swing to the impact position, but the wrists should naturally release and the left wrist should bend in the release after impact, so this will just cause unnecessary pain and possibly injury.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

popsicle thing was ok, I tried it at home first but used is as a visual. Ended up ordering the Rick Smith glove because a guy at the range uses it. I just want to stop scooping the darn ball.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff

Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!