IGNORED

Making Par with an Out of Bounds

MrSandman
Note: This thread is 5799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First one in my life the other day.

580 yd par 5, but HUGE wind at our back. Never hit it OB on this hole, as there is soooo much room left and no need to go to the right (where OB runs up the side). But I blew it right, couldn't believe I did it.

Smoked my provisional. Got up to the ball, was only 155 with the wind, knocked a 9I to about 12 feet, made the putt, and immediately declared it the "best par of my life".

Feels good to stick with a hole despite a stroke and distance penalty and make a good score.

Later in the round, I put my second shot in a greenside water hazard on a par 5, and managed to get up and down for another par. Was really pleased with the mental ability to go even par on two par 5's despite 3 penalty strokes. I hope to carry that mental approach of never quitting on a hole with me in the future.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Interesting you post this, because I guy in my paring did the exact same thing yesterday. He smoked his provisional after going driving back to the tee, hit a 200-yard 6I 12 feet by, and sank the putt.

He had another weird par 5: into the trees, pitch out, 250-yard shot to 12 feet, birdie. Very weird considering he probably didn't break 90.

And did you mean a 480-yard par 5? Otherwise, you would have hit a 425-yard drive.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

That's a mistake on distance. It was a 502 yard par 5, with wind at the back bigtime and hard summertime fairways. So it was about a 340 yd drive, which is about 60-70 yards past my average.

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

my dads friend did the same thing the other day on a par three.

hit a duck hook OB. slammed his club.

changed clubs and holed out.

frickin' crazy

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Eore, that's a lot more impressive, and that would actually piss me off a bunch. If I dropped a shot from the tee on a par 3, but it was only for a par, I think I would cry.

Although, that was the old me, and the new me grinds out every bad shot and stares adversity in the face, so I think the new me would say, "way to stick with the hole, you're mentally tough!!" and smile. But later that night I think I would still cry.

What's in the bag

did this on a par 5 a couple months back, was my first and only also. Hooked my tee shot OB...hit my provisional down the left side as well..but took some off of it due to my last shot. Got to the provisional...215 to flag...hit it 30ft to the left but on the green...made the putt. Definitely best par of my life.

Hi-Bore 9.5° w/ UST pro-force v2 Stiff
Halo 1i 16°
Halo 3i 22°
735.cm 4-PW
Vokey 52.8, Vokey Spin-Milled 56.10, 60.4 Sophia 32" or Studio Design 1 34"

I have seen a friend do this in college about 10 years ago, he hit his tee shot in the water then holed out for par. crazy stuff, wasn't too suprising though because he was quite good.

Usually my OB tee shots turn into doubles and triples with the quickness.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Sandman, was that Van Courtlandt? Sounds like number 2.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

Not Van Courtland. I typed the distance wrong on the original post, and cannot edit it.

It was #12 at Lido.

What's in the bag

That would actually piss me off to no end. That's like a hole in one, only not.....uggh

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Note: This thread is 5799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!