IGNORED

Finally!!!

bogeyhitter25
Note: This thread is 5796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats! way to go man

♠ In the bag ♠
Driver► R7 SuperQuad 10.5º, ProForce V2 X
3 Wood► Steelhead III 15º
Hybrid► 2008 Baffler Pro 18º 2/R
Irons 3-P► 2008 Pro CB, Project X 6.0, +¼", 2° UpWedges► 52° RTG+DSG, 58º RTG+DSGPutter► White Hot Tour #1Ball► Pro V1xWhere I play:...

Congratulations.
Birdies make you feel like you have accomplished something on the golf course, but you have no idea how great it is to get an eagle. I got my first and only eagle on a very short par 4 while on vacation in Florida over this winter. I drove the green leaving a 5 foot putt for eagle. I have not even come close to getting another eagle.

In my Extreme Sport II Stand Bag
Driver: Sasquatch Sumo2 10.5*
Hybrid: Slingshot Tour 3 21*
Irons: CCI Cast 4-AW
Wedges: Tour Action 588 60*Putter: White Hot XG #1Balls: ProV1 and ProV1x

Awesome! It's a great feeling huh?

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

NICE work. I remember my first birdie still as well...

So give us the details..

Par 3 4 or 5?

How long, how did the hole play out?

Adams Golf Idea a2 OS Hybrids
(all but the 3iron, I broke it )

congrats it is a gr8 feelin
i have got 2... one on a par 3 and one on a
par 4

breakin 100 feels gr8 also
i have just begun doin that myself

keep up the good work
congrats again

driver & woods
fatshaft II irons
588 wedges
putter
tour ix ball gps

I'll be amazed if I

Congrats on the birdie and the scoring barrier. Eagles can come. I'm a short hitter and I was once a foot short on an eagle putt. I've gone for the green in two on a par-5 three times, and my distance is increasing. If I can get there, maybe you can too someday.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll be amazed if I

Sometimes hole-in-one comes first before the eagle.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I agree, I've come once within about 6 inches from a hole in one and once about a foot, but I've never even had an eagle PUTT yet. I actually almost thought i DID sink the first near hole in one i had. The ball hit the green about 8 feet short and probably 10 feet right of the pin, but just started rolling RIGHT at it, then came to rest DIRECTLY behind the pin, the guys I was with luckily had better eyes than me cause I couldnt tell if it dropped or not, and they were cheering and finally yelled, OH WOW RIGHT behind it, so luckily I didnt go down there yelling about a hole in one seeing I still needed to tap it in. Still waiting to hear the details on the first birdie from the original poster though

In most cases a hole in one might be easier than eagles.

how many times have you heard of the guy that got a hole in one by blading a shot off the rocks and rolls in or a screamer that the flag catchs and grops straight in? The hole in one is one lucky or skillful shot. An Eagle on the other hand is 2 or 3 good shots. I've seen one hole in one and made 6 eagles over 30 years. Anyway congrats on breaking 100 it will happen often now that you know you can do it.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

I think the eagle has got be easier, you can use your putter to ge an eagle, can't do that with a hole-in-one!

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

It depends Padrigo...

If you have decent length of the tees and second shots etc then yes DEFINITELY it is easier... If you are like me (well like i WAS i think i may have a shot reaching greens in 2 now) or like a lot of others on here who have basically ZERO chance of getting there in 2, then it's probably easier to get the hole in 1.

True, you could chip in from 100 or so out on a par 5 and get eagle that way too, but on the par 3s you're doing it from a tee box, (perfect lie) getting a good look at the green etc. For you golfers with handicaps under 20 or better I would say without question a standard eagle is easier, but for people who are driving 170 and then hit their 3 wood another 160 if they're lucky and dont top it, we're probably holding out for the hole in one :D

Congratulations Bogeyhitter (may have to change your name soon. )

Eagles can be blind luck. My first eagle (my first season playing )was a blind second shot into a 340+ par 4 with a couple aus trees in the line of the shot. The guy I was playing against did't see it go in either. I thought I overshot the green....the other guys looked in the cup and said "Nice Eagle!". "Wha?" "Who?" "How?" lol

All of my eagles since were on par 5's. Got to see those ROLL in.

• Administrator

I don't understand. A hole in one is an eagle, so you'd get both at the same time if you get an ace.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!