IGNORED

What The Favre Is Going On???

Uthinkso
Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I feel sorry for Aaron Rodgers. If I were him I'd be happy that the Packers seem to be behind me, but would still be a little worried that they might cave in and let Brett back for one more season (or more for that matter). I wouldn't feel safe about my job until Brett was under contract with another team.

I think Rodgers is ready. Ive seen him play in some preseason games and he had to fill in for Favre when he got hurt a couple years ago and he did pretty well.

The kid can play and I think once he settles into the role of the starting QB he will be fine. Its going to be rough at first but I think he will be fine. Rodgers was drafter to be Favre's replacement (not that you could ever really replace a hall of famer like Favre) and I think its high time that he be given the chance to proove himself.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breif aside...I'm a Titans fan here. A few years ago we had a backup by the name of Billy Volek. He rode the bench behind, who I don't think should be a hall of famer, Steve McNair. When he was put in for the injured McNair he went off, had the highest rating in the league for the 4 or so games he started in. Everyone thought he was the future, including himself.

Fast forward, Vince Young comes into the league. Volek shops around and eventually ends up in San Diego Behind Phillip Rivers. Instead of riding the high, I sincerely believe that Volek lost his confidence. Confidence is extremely important in a NFL quarterback. I hope the Packers organization doesn't kill Rodger's confidence. Maybe he is their next Farve. I truely have no idea. The whole deal can't be good for him or the Packers as a whole. I only care because this is the only NFC team I could ever root for.

I think that Rogers has deserved this shot and the Packers need to back him up.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

This whole thing is going to be a good test to see how good a GM Ted Thomson really is.

I have been a Packer fan since the Lynn Dickey days. It's going to be a frustrating year especially since coming so close last year, but the organization has to move on.

MP32
R7
Mezza Monza
RAC 60 degree

I have been a Packer fan since the Lynn Dickey days. It's going to be a frustrating year especially since coming so close last year, but the organization has to move on.

And this is coming from a Packer fan. Good post. I think a lot of the concern, other than Brett's legacy, is how the fans are going to react. I'd really be curious how many of them would hold a grudge for not bringing Favre back and how many want to see them move forward with Rodgers. Especially considering the Pack got so close last year.

Breif aside...I'm a Titans fan here. A few years ago we had a backup by the name of Billy Volek. He rode the bench behind, who I don't think should be a hall of famer, Steve McNair. When he was put in for the injured McNair he went off, had the highest rating in the league for the 4 or so games he started in. Everyone thought he was the future, including himself.

Volek to Drew Bennett was the sickest combo in the league for a month or so that year.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

And this is coming from a Packer fan. Good post. I think a lot of the concern, other than Brett's legacy, is how the fans are going to react. I'd really be curious how many of them would hold a grudge for not bringing Favre back and how many want to see them move forward with Rodgers. Especially considering the Pack got so close last year.

I have always thought Brett was a really good quarterback that

could have been great, if not the greatest QB of all-time. However, for every great play, comeback, etc. that he made....he made some poor decisions as well. Unfortunately those bad ones came in very very important games. Packer fans will be bitter for a while, especially if we revert back to the early 4-12 and 7-9 seasons - post Favre. But their allegiance will remain.

MP32
R7
Mezza Monza
RAC 60 degree

• 3 weeks later...
The Brett Favre saga is about to end with the NFL icon in pewter. The Tribune has learned Favre will not stand in the way of a trade from Green Bay to Tampa Bay and the deal is likely to be finalized within 24 hours. The chances of the trade unraveling are remote and Favre has indicated to the Bucs directly that he is willing to change teams after 16 years of growing his legend in Green Bay. The Packers, unwilling to deal the 3-time league MVP to an NFC North rival, view the Bucs as a compromise in this ugly impasse. The Bucs view Favre as an upgrade on QB Jeff Garcia, who made the Pro Bowl in 2007 while leading Tampa Bay to an NFC South title. Once it became clear to Favre that he wasn’t welcome back in Green Bay, he became more flexible in terms of accepting a trade to clubs outside the division. The Bucs have been interested in Favre since last month, when he announced he wanted to play again. The Bucs could make the trade announcement official by Wednesday, but Favre will have little time to learn Coach Jon Gruden’s complex system because the Bucs open the regular season Sept. 7 at division rival New Orleans.

link Glad the drama may end.
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

I think we are all glad to have those whole drama be over with. IMO, when Faver told the Packers back in March that he still didnt want to come back and play for them, he sealed his fate.
He cant expect the team to totally change their plans just because he changed his mind at the last minute.
I still have a lot of respect for Brett Favre and what he did in his time in Green Bay and I wish him all the best of luck in Tampa Bay or wherever he ends up, but Im ready for this whole mess to be over with.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I think we are all glad to have those whole drama be over with. IMO, when Faver told the Packers back in March that he still didnt want to come back and play for them, he sealed his fate.

I don't know how it came to this, but I too am glad that this whole thing is almost over.

Now the team can focus on what is important.

MP32
R7
Mezza Monza
RAC 60 degree

I have to say that I have lost a lot of respect for Brett Favre during this entire soap opera. I'm not certain what he's trying to accomplish. Unquestionably, he's one of the best quarterbacks ever - a future Hall of Famer to be certain. He has just about every record possible and has won a Super Bowl. I understand that the man is a fierce competitor, but at this point why risk your health when you can get out healthy? He's 38 years old (I think), has a family, a whole lot of money and records, and his health. Why risk coming back for another year or two and getting seriously injured or suffering concussions? And besides, he is on the cover of Madden '09 this season. Has he ever heard of the "curse???"

Most likely I think it came to be that summer rolled around and he is so used to training and getting ready for football season that it suddenly dawned on him just what he was giving up. He realized how much he was going to miss playing football and decided that his decision to retire was a mistake.
For a lot of these guys, football is their life and when they retire they run out of things to do and get bored.
I would guess thats what happened...

Looks like he's been traded to the Jets. What a shame.

Driver Tour Burner 9.5*
3 Wood Burner High Launch 14.5*
Hyrbid Burner Tour Launch 20*
Irons: R7 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 50* 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2Backup: 2-ball XG Center ShaftBall: Pro V1xAge: 16

Just watched the NFL network and they say he got traded to the J. E. T. S. jets, jets jets. Too bad. I wish he would have stayed at home, now he will go the way of Joe Montana in a Cheifs Uniform, or Joe Namath with the Rams. I'm just glad it's over. I'm tired of watching this drama.

As soon as Favre made the decision to retire, Electronic Arts decided to make him the cover man for Madden NFL 09, ostensibly to refute the claim of a "Madden Jinx." How can being the cover man curse a player who's retired, right? Now, EA's looking at a nightmare with Favre not only back in the NFL, but in a different jersey than the one that's going to be hitting shelves by the millions in a week's time.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'm so thankful this is over - bring on Rodgers!! I've been wanting Brett to retire the last few years so we can start building around younger talent that doesn't 'retire' each spring.
FWIW, this will weed out the bandwagon fans that were not really Packer's fans as much as Favre fans. There's a lot of them in Central IL!
Callaway Hyper-X Tour: 9.5
MacGregor MT: 15
MacGregor MT: 18
KZG ZO's: 3-PW
Scratch JLM: 53, 58Snake Eyes 'best cheap putter' fired my Cameron and Mills!Srixon Z-Star X

As soon as Favre made the decision to retire, Electronic Arts decided to make him the cover man for

Not really. They had Brett's image in different jerseys for both the game and the cover. What really stinks is that my Jets traded for him. This is Boomer Esiason, revisited. Once, just once, I wished the franchise did things, right.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

now whenever rodgers throws an incomplete pass he's going to get booed. shame. i lost my respect for favre over this whole drama

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I'm so thankful this is over - bring on Rodgers!! I've been wanting Brett to retire the last few years so we can start building around younger talent that doesn't 'retire' each spring.

There are plenty in Wisconsin too, and its a shame. Most of them are now ignorantly calling for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy to be fired.

My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!