IGNORED

What's your other time/money pit hobby?

CosmosMpower
Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mine is autocross/solo 2.

If you're AutoX'ing a Lotus at a high level, calling it a money pit is like calling the Grand Canyon a nice little hole in the ground! Slicks, truck and tow, fees, compressors... God Bless America!

Used to run my WRX, now a Cayman S. Ever take it to the track? I've been hesitant for insurance purposes, and the costs of tires, brake pads, etc... but a brand new road course opened up near me... http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/ Oh yeah, my other money pit is bicycling. That's slowing down quite a bit, however. Or is it, "I'm slowing down"?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motocross, definately. Gear, parts, gas, it adds up quick.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Same here. Need a new bike next year, new boots, new gear, and maybe a new helmet. Then you have to get the suspension done and all the trinkets if your into that.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Saltwater Fishing....

Have 4 inshore rods..light tackle
Have 2 Shimano Calcutta Baitcasters...light to medium tackle
2 Shimano baitrunners (6500's) for tarpon and heavy work (cobia, sharks, big snook around structure)
And 2, 16 wide Penn Internationals for Boca Grande Tarpon (deep jigging) and Groper Digging.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Swimming's my time waster. Technical suits are $200 and you can only wear them 6-7 times before they wear out. I go out of town a lot and hotel rooms cost an aweful lot LOL

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

If you're AutoX'ing a Lotus at a high level, calling it a money pit is like calling the Grand Canyon a nice little hole in the ground! Slicks, truck and tow, fees, compressors... God Bless America!

That's pretty much spot on with the comparison. We run Hoosier A6's which last about 40 competitive runs so about 5 events for us or half a local SCCA season. I usually buy a second set for National tours and if I go to nationals yet another set. So we're talking 3-4 sets of tires @ 1,200 a set per season. Brake pads and other consumables aren't too bad but there's always entry fee, hotel and travel expenses for out of town events etc. I don't even want to think about what I spend a season. I also run my 93 Miata at local club events as well as my girlfriends Honda S2000.

The video I posted was my day 1 run at the Ft. Worth National tour this year where I won my class in A street prepared with a very under prepped super stock car (bumped up from Super Stock). I haven't done any track days in the Elise, an off road excursion is VERY expensive and most insurance companies will drop you if you have a claim at a track day. They almost all have exclusions even for HPDE now a days. Also I liked the competitive nature of autocross. I'd like to go from HPDE3 to Time Trials or Spec Miata eventually.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

I hear that. I gave motocross a shot a couple years back. Fun sport, but its something that my bank account couldnt support.

I'm also into snowmobiling. The mountains are a lot closer here so no 4 hour drives but the gas mileage on the sleds themselves isn't the best

We dont really have much powder here in Wisconsin. We do have over 10,000 miles of trails though. Its pretty cool some of the scenery and the animals you see from time to time. Ive seen bald eagles, deer and bears. You aint kidding about the gas milage. My sled gets about 16 mpg, but most sleds only get about 10-12 mpg and at $4 a gallon the fuel bill adds up quick.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Now it's my 8 month year old, and growing, twins. Surprising how two of everything adds up. And in a close 2nd with golf is scuba diving, mountain biking, and road biking.
In my Grom bag...

Driver: 07 Burner
Woods: 07 Burner 3W, 5W
Irons: 3-PW R7 TPWedges: MP-56*, MP-60*Putter: White Hot XG #9GPS : SC3

My other money pit is definitely cars, and my obsession with making them faster/more powerful. I have a 2003 Cobra (the supercharged version) and a 2006 C6 Vette. My wife just got a new ISF a few weeks ago, but i was banned from even THINKING about touching it!

I grew up around NHRA drag racing, as my Dad built engines in his spare time....so it is deep in my blood.

Flying. Both private aircraft (renting at the moment) and building and flying RC models. Very expensive hobbies. Each RC plane is about $300 or more (all of which vanishes in one instant of mental incongruity).

Flying is rediculously expensive ($95 / hr and up, not including miscellaneous costs) and just keeps getting worse. Can't stay away from it though, and never going to give it up.

Hoping to start building my own airplane (kitplane) in a year or so. Gonna really cut into my golf practice!
Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

Some of you guys have too much money and time on your hands.

My other money pit hobby is Kio .I have a few worth $500 + but thats minor league compared to some . Nice and relaxing though watching all my hard earned swimming round the yard !

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Bird hunting. I got into golf because I wanted an enjoyable family activity. My wife doesn't like bird hunting, and she's scared to death of our three boys toting a shotgun around despite the fact I'm the most safety conscious hunter there is.

Apex 1 Persimmon
R580 XD 10.5°
3DX 3-9,PW,SW
Louisville Golf: Niblick 4
Putter

Swimming's my time waster. Technical suits are $200 and you can only wear them 6-7 times before they wear out. I go out of town a lot and hotel rooms cost an aweful lot LOL

What's a technical suit and where can I buy one? Clothing that expensive with such a limited life I gotta see.

Apex 1 Persimmon
R580 XD 10.5°
3DX 3-9,PW,SW
Louisville Golf: Niblick 4
Putter

• Administrator
What's a technical suit and where can I buy one? Clothing that expensive with such a limited life I gotta see.

It's not clothing. It's a swim suit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In my spare time I either see the girlfriend, Go driving or go boxing/thai boxing.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

My #1 money pit would be flying (private pilot here), costs even more than golfing. Paid $7.10 per gallon of 100LL fuel to gas up my Cessna 182 today. Storage in the Chicago-area airports is expensive too (at Chicago Executive). At least I don't have to pay baggage fees everytime I take a trip! Don't mind it much because it is a ton of fun just to go up for a ride once in awhile, especially on a crisp Sunday morning.

In my bag:

Burner 460 9.5* Stiff
1, 2, 3 Hibore Hybird (Regular Steel)
Big Bertha 4-PW Regular TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Shafts 54* and 60* CG12 Wedges Piper Putter Tour i Balls Stand BagMy Home Course: Oak Brook Golf ClubMy Stats for This Season

Mines lacrosse. tournament fees and team dues are killer. Plus equipment is an arm and a leg considering I break several sticks a year (a stick can run you $200+ easily, but most of mine are in the 150 region). the equipment in lacrosse is just as customizable as golf, but tends to break because you have to use it to beat the snot out of your opponents.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!