IGNORED

College Football National Champs 2008

etk7027
Note: This thread is 5653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Cowboys will beat the dirtburglers this Saturday night in Lubbock and eventually move on to hammer the landthieves in Stillwater eventually moving them into the top 2. Mexas will lose to the Aggies during Thanksgiving. Bama will lose in the SEC championship and the landthieves will beat the dirtburgulars in norman.
Thank you and good night.
Go Pokes!
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

High five!

Funny thing is, Joe Paterno's daughter lives two houses down from me. I've seen him once or twice. They're moving soon, though.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like Obama saying on Monday Night Football - an 8-team playoff.

President Bush would probably agree.

It would be the shining moment of the transition. A way to cross party lines and bring unity to our country, well at least the college football world.

Bush should call for an 8 - team President's Football Challenge. He could choose his top 4 college football teams to play and Obama could invite his next 4 teams.

Heck with the polls and computers, we'll let the president and next president decide the 8 teams to play for the United States Collegiate Championship.

What football team would not play in that and the NCAA would have to go along.

President Bush and President-Elect Obama should do it.

My Cowboys will beat the dirtburglers this Saturday night in Lubbock and eventually move on to hammer the landthieves in Stillwater eventually moving them into the top 2. Mexas will lose to the Aggies during Thanksgiving. Bama will lose in the SEC championship and the landthieves will beat the dirtburgulars in norman.

And you were saying...?

Hey at least you guys played well and kept it close...oh wait! Stick with golf my man - sports predicting doesn't suit you! Thank you and WRECK 'EM TECH!

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

Based on Penn States loss yesterday, and Bama's stuggle to get past a "down" LSU, it's hard not to like Texas Tech at the moment. Sure, they could easily lose their next game, but that offense looks unstoppable.

As a Washington Husky alum , I would love to see Leach make his way up to Seattle next year (pipe dream, I know).

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

It's all about the SEC.
Winner of SEC championship (Alabama or Florida) will be BCS champion.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Don't get too excited about the dirtburglers. After the sooners hammer the fighting yosemite sam's in norman, the sandfleas will crawl back to their holes and watch their head coach's Vince Gill look-alike be stolen away to a real school with actual money. Thanks and good night.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

The big BCS nightmare that all of college football needs to be worried about right now is this one.
  • Oklahoma and Texas win their remaining games, while Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma but wins its other game against Baylor. That puts all three teams 11-1 (7-1) for the season, with UT defeating UO, UO defeating TTU, and TTU defeating UT. The Big XII South goes to a convoluted tiebreaker to determine the division champion.
  • The winner of that tiebreaker is then upset by Missouri in the Big XII Championship Game.
  • Florida loses its rivalry game versus Florida State to finish the regular season 10-2.
  • Alabama finishes the regular season undefeated, but loses to Florida in the SEC Championship Game.
  • USC and Penn State both win their remaining games in uninspiring fashion.
  • Utah routs BYU in the Holy War and finishes its season 12-0. Elsewhere in the Mountain West, BYU and TCU both finish 10-2.
In this scenario, who deserves to play in the BCS Championship Game? If it happens, the team with the best argument for an invite is Utah! They definitely deserve it more than Penn State or USC, who are getting by on name recognition alone after their losses.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

It's all about the SEC.

We shall see, Alabama doesn't look nearly as invincible as ESPN and the SEC nut swinger would have us believe.

Texas Tech on the other hand laid the wood to another top 25 team, go Big 12.

The big BCS nightmare that all of college football needs to be worried about right now is this one.

I can't see Florida losing to Florida State this year, I know it's a rivalry game but I really don't see that happening. I can easily see your Big 12 scenario playing out though. I also agree that Utah deserves it, if they can get by the Stormin Mormons, and that is going to be a great game, go Cougars (I used to live in Provo and root for BYU as well as LSU).

In the end I believe it will be Texas Tech vs Florida in the NC game. If College Football would go to a playoff system it would be the most watched sporting event, period. btw, when does the current BCS contract expire?????
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

There's no set agreement between the conferences and the BCS that binds them to the system, but the current BCS television contract with Fox ends after the 2010 season. I suppose they could revamp the BCS into a playoff before then, but I don't know what that would do to the bowl games.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Kinda like UA did to UGA?

True that, I can't wait to see the Tech vs. OU game. I'm hoping for a Florida/Texas Tech national championship game.

That Tech offense looked pretty nasty last night.

There's no set agreement between the conferences and the BCS that binds them to the system, but the current BCS television contract with Fox ends after the 2010 season. I suppose they could revamp the BCS into a playoff before then, but I don't know what that would do to the bowl games.

The system I have heard makes a lot of sense to me, and that is to use the bowl games themselves as the playoffs. Just say the top 4 teams (just speculation here) at the end of the year were: #1 Texas Tech #2 Florida #3 Oklahoma #4 USC #1 seed Texas Tech vs #4 seed USC in the Emerald Bowl, Dec 27th. #2 seed Florida vs #3 seed Oklahoma in Champs Sports Bowl, Dec 27th. Winners advance to the Fed-Ex Bowl Jan 8th for the National Championship. The Emerald and Champs Sports Bowl instantly become huge, hot ticket bowl games, as opposed to the low attendence some of these bowls currently draw. I'm just using those 2 as an example, any of the lesser bowls could be used. With some of the coaches now starting to really get on board about a playoff system, I am hoping this becomes a reality soon.
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

The system I have heard makes a lot of sense to me, and that is to use the bowl games themselves as the playoffs. Just say the top 4 teams (just speculation here) at the end of the year were:

People think it is so easy to make a playoff system and everything will be fine. It won't. People will always be left out in a 4, 8, even 16 team playoff

everytime . There are too many teams in the FBS. So I do not think a playoff will really amount to anything. What we need to do is have teams start treating every game like it is a playoff. Hey Pete, wanna have a guaranteed Nation Title shot? How about you show up in Corvallis. Urban Meyer, you should and I think your Gators will go to the Nation Title, but next time show up when you play Ole Miss. and make a damn extra point. JoePa, how about you treat your game in Iowa like it is a playoff and not give up when you have the lead in the 4th quarter. Although I am glad Penn St lost, because we do not need another garbage Big 10 team playing for the National Title. This is the reason teams like Texas/Oklahoma should/are above USC, because they actually lost to a legitmate team. I do hope USC and Florida play for the BCS Championship though, what a great game that would be. The problem with the BCS is the non-BCS teams. They should place a rule for next year something along these lines: To play for the National Title, you must have a strength of schedule <75. Sorry everyone, you don't qualify. Only if TCU ran the tables would they be eligible (I think they're right around that mark). To compete for a BCS Bowl game, your schedule strength must be< 90-100 or so. Sorry Ball State, Boise, and BYU, you can't play! I know schedules are made years in advance, but start scheduling if you actually wanna play for a real Bowl game and not cheat your way in like Hawaii, and then make a joke of a game against UGA. Now, this leaves Utah eligible for a BCS game, but not the BCS Championship game if they run the tables, and I do believe they deserve that chance. There you go. If whoever wins the Big XII South wins the Big XII, send them to the National Title. If the Big South winner loses in the Big XII, send USC. Whoever wins the SEC goes. If USC loses 2 games, and Mizzou wins the Big XII, send the Texas/Tech/OU team that didn't get to go to the Big XII Championship. (I won't know how they decide which of the 3 go if they all have a loss to each other, but all 3 of those teams deserve a shot a National Title game, no matter if they get to go to the conference game or not). Okay, i'm done going on and on now.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

If Texas tech beats OU they should move to #1 overall.
They are better than UA. Tech has rolled over some very good teams.
The Bar-B-Que might actually be better in Tuscaloosa, though! (Dreamland rules)

If Chili Dipper's scenario plays out (if OU beats Tech, and they all end tied in the Big XII south with one loss, the advantage would go to TEXAS, putting them in the BCS championship game, that would suck.)

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 5653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!