IGNORED

Phillip Francis: Can't miss kid?

themasteroncbs
Note: This thread is 5768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Phillip Francis the 19 year old amatuer out of UCLA shot a 64 today at the John Deere birdiefest tournament, still impressive nontheless, and is only 4 strokes out of the lead heading into Sunday. If some of you aren't familiar with this kid, he had one of the most decorated junior golf careers in history. So the question I pose is are we watching the next can't miss prospect growing up right before our very eyes? Also, is there any way he'll be the first amatuer since another certain Phillip to win a PGA Tour event?

I was not familiar with him prior to this tournament, but I'm rooting for him now. And, as much as I like Jamie Lovemark, I was very happy to see Francis outplaying him today

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Speaking of Jamie Lovemark, I got to see him play at the NCAA West Regionals this year. He wasn't "on", but the kid undeniably has got game. Now I wish I'd made an effort to see Philip Francis play.

Also, I noticed that Lovemark was wearing a Nike visor in today's round. The rumor around regionals was that he's turning pro before next semester, and considering that he's made the cut in 5 of the 7 PGA events that he's played (IIRC), I think it's likely.

I wonder if Nike is courting him (as much as they are permitted under NCAA rules)?

I wonder if Nike is courting him (as much as they are permitted under NCAA rules)?

Well, it wouldn't surprise me. They pick up lots of the top talent. They even have someone on their staff with the initials SC

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

They even have someone on their staff with the initials SC

Siger Coods? Sichelle Cie? Crevor Cimmelmon? Santhony Cim? Stewart Ci... oh, nevermind. (Seriously though, I'm clearly missing an inside joke about SC, no? Could someone let me in? I'm still relatively new here. Gracias.

Siger Coods? Sichelle Cie? Crevor Cimmelmon? Santhony Cim? Stewart Ci... oh, nevermind.

We were talking about Lovemark and Nike. Lovemark is (or, depending on rumor accuracy, was) a student at University of Southern California - known as USC. That gets abbreviated to SC around the L.A. area. Don't worry: it isn't a TST inside joke.

-- Michael | My swing! 

We were talking about Lovemark and Nike. Lovemark is (or, depending on rumor accuracy, was) a student at University of Southern California - known as USC. That gets abbreviated to SC around the L.A. area. Don't worry: it isn't a TST inside joke.

Oh man! I can't believe I didn't get that!

Sounds like you've heard the same rumors I have. I'm just wondering why, if they are true, he didn't turn pro before the John Deere?

Note: This thread is 5768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!