IGNORED

golf survey email

obsessedgolfer
Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i got an email asking for me to complete a survey of my golf ball purchasing habbits, it said that i would get a 50$ check in the mail if i completed it. I know it sounds hoakey but in the email it would not say what equipment company was paying for it just that it was coducted by a company called the The JAY Group. I took the survey it took about an hour (i was really bored) and in the survey it kept asking about titleist balls like what do you think of when you think of pro v1s. Has any one completed a survey like this is it a scam?

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Are you sure it wasn't a "Chance to Win" $50?

I get stuff like that all the time. No doubt someone wins the $50, but it's never been me. As long as they don't ask for sensitive info. (SSN, credit card #, bank #, DL#, etc), i will occasionally fill them out.

I do usually change something small, like my middle initial, though. In case something happens, I can track it.

no it said that i will get 50$ and a chance to win a new set of titleist golf clubs. i am going to attach the email.(i left out the links)

"A leading manufacturer of golf equipment would like to invite you to take a survey about golf. This email invitation is only being sent to a select group of golfers, which means your feedback is critical.

To show our appreciation for your participation, if you qualify for and complete the survey, we will mail you a check for $50 and you will be entered into a drawing* to win one of these premium prizes:

One Grand Prize: $800 set of irons
Five First Prizes: $480 driver
Ten Second Prizes: $125 wedge

To participate, please click on the link below to go to Synovate, the company who is conducting the survey on our behalf.

Should you exit the survey unexpectedly or accidentally close your Internet browser, clicking on the link above will allow to you re-enter the survey and continue where you left off.

This comprehensive survey is estimated to take 30 minutes of your time and your opinions and support are greatly appreciated. Your answers to this survey will be kept confidential and will only be used in conjunction with answers of other respondents to provide valuable feedback to help us improve the company's products to better meet your needs.

Thank you in advance for your participation"

Burner 10.5* driver
Tour Burner irons

Unless you know the company, there is a 99% chance it's a scam. But maybe you'll get lucky!

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

THe Jay Group that you might be thinking of, I cant imagine would be involved in this. The big marketing company that many know deals more in product management. They do a lot of marketing, but I dont know of anytime they offered money for answers. I guess its possible, but there also could be another Jay Group

The Jay Group is a marketing company so it may be legit. Did it ask for any personal info?

ya htey did

Burner 10.5* driver
Tour Burner irons

whenever they ask for personal info:
cc
ss
bank # or routing #
you know it's about 99.9% scamalicious.

The Jay Group deals a lot with branding. I can't see why they would be conducting a survey and guaranteeing $50. That's something secondary marketing firms on the come up do.
I wouldn't touch it... unless you call up the Jay Group and ask to speak to a product manager that deals with golf products. 2 things happen
1. you find out yes or no if it's legit
2. if it's not legit then you can show them what's going around with their name on it. 9 of 10 times, the PM will hit you off with something as a sign of appreciation (at least that's what I used to do when I was a PM)
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I read this thread yesterday and thought it was wierd about the survey... now today... i received the email.

Mine is only for a $20 check though.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

whenever they ask for personal info:

no they did not ask for my bank account inf only my name and shiping address

Burner 10.5* driver
Tour Burner irons

I read this thread yesterday and thought it was wierd about the survey... now today... i received the email.

did yours have something to do with the jay group to

Burner 10.5* driver
Tour Burner irons

• 1 month later...
I didnt know if it was real or not but went ahead with the survey... today in the mail was a $20 check from Synovate. I said to myself "What the hell is this for?" Then on the inside was a letter saying thanks for participating in the golf survey.

That has to be alot of coin they are shelling out.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

I just got my 50$ check form synovite to

I must have been in the 2nd phase of people that got the survey. I sure would have liked to have been in the $50 group but I will take my $20 and be happy with it.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Any link on where I can do the survey?? :D
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Be prepared for a lot of junk mail now...
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!