IGNORED

Thrash Talk: Disappearing Act

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 6722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last week's Thrash Talk focused on possible "comeback" golfers for 2006. This week's goes opposite of that. I'm going to leave one simple question to get you started on some discussion. Be sure to read Thrash Talk in the morning because it's sure to stir up a little controversy.

Which top golfers (top-50 in world rankings) will struggle in 2006 and fall down the world rankings list?

It happens every year, and next year will be no different. Just ask Stephen Ames and Todd Hamilton.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Cody,

What do you think about the two Q-schoolers in the top 30 - O'Hair and Glover? I think one of the two will take a step back in '06. My guess is O'Hair. I think that Glover is a better overall player and that O'Hair still has a bit of learning to do.

The one guy I think that will disappear totally is Olin Browne. I'm impressed with the year he had, but I think he careered it. He barely made $1 million in 2003 and 2004 combined.

The other guy I'm wondering about is Mike Weir...will he disappear even more?

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
Cody,

I think Mike Weir continues his slide. He had a great year when he had it because he could putt. It kept him in things.

Browne careered it, yeah, but I disagree about O'Hair. I think he's the equal of Glover and, if nothing else, may have some more inner resolve and mental fortitude. Then again, he could be a nut waiting to crack after all he's been through. But I think he's so well off with his family now he's just fine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think both Lucas Glover and Sean O'Hair will have a pretty good 2006. I'm kinda with Erik on his situation. He is just too talented not to have a great year. I think he might even get close to winning a major along the way, or at least a bigger tournament like The Players, Pebble Beach, etc.

He has been through so much that he could possibly go nutty like Erik said, but I think he has gotten over the rough parts of the road and is moving smooth now.

As for Olin Browne, he will probably disappear like you stated, but I honestly didn't think of him. I still can't believe he ended up in the top-30 on the money list. :/

Finally, there is the Mike Weir question. I had him on my "comeback" list, and I really think he will move back into the top-10 in the world rankings. His game has shown signs the last few months, including a solid Presidents Cup showing. I think he will get his short game in check and really have a good season in 2006. I'll be cheering for him, I know that much. He is one of my favorites.

Note: This thread is 6722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!