IGNORED

Lessons or Self Taught

thenormankid
Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Lessons or Self-Taught

• Lessons
    • Self-Taught

100% self-taught, but I don't recommend it to anyone, ever.

Same here. I have been very interested in the golf swing since I started golfing. I have taught myself a lot from trial and error. A lot of what I learned, however, could have been taught by a pro about 10x faster. While I enjoy the challenge of improving myself, If you are looking to really improve, I would take lessons fairly regularly. That's not to say that you shouldn't try to teach yourself. That can be a very rewarding part of the game. I know I have a lot of fun thinking about the golf swing and seeing if things work on the range the way I think they do.

Take lessons.

Not taking anything away from those that have a natural talent or have learned the game from trial and error (or... trial and refinement), I think that lessons are the way to get you practicing the right things from the start.

I'm in my 50s and have learned many bad habits; I'm taking a few lessons and see the results. My son is gifted athlete and started lessons when he was about 15. He's 23 now and plays off a +2.1. It doesn't take years of lessons if you get started early and get your swing and confidence down.

Playing high school and college golf will help refine your game too because you are playing with good players and coaches that can spot problems before they become show stoppers. You'll enjoy the game more as well.

You will not regret taking lessons for a respected PGA professional.

Cheers!
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!