IGNORED

Legends Reno-Tahoe Open...Michelle Wie is playing!

underparnv
Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just dont understand that chick, I dont even see how she is a pro she just needs to quit. Wht makes her think that she can go out with the big dawgs and even contend,

She has won $780,233 in her career and has had 4+ top 10 finishes. She missed the cut by one stroke in a PGA tournament meaning that she was better than almost half the field of men (ie. she beat a lot of professional male golfers as a teenage girl).

What has she ever whinned about? I think it is others that constantly whine about her lucrative endorsements and her superior marketing that has opened many more opportunities than others.
In my bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad
Woods: RPM LP 3W & 5W
Irons: MX-25 4-SWPutter: Detour

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She has won $780,233 in her career and has had 4+ top 10 finishes. She missed the cut by one stroke in a PGA tournament meaning that she was better than almost half the field of men (ie. she beat a lot of professional male golfers as a teenage girl).

Well said.

Don't you realize that you can list all the facts you want, like her having the best combined finish in the 4 LPGA Majors in 2006, and people will still say she has never done anything. Unfortunately most people don't like to let the facts get in the way of their opinions. Like the fact that she was hurt all last year and came back too early from her injuries to play in some of the big events. This was a major contributor to her poor play. She is healthy now and seems to be playing much better. Unfortunately another fact is that she is also running out of exemptions and will be limited in how much she can play against the ladies. Thus to get more competitive golf in, she has to seek other options, like the PGA Tour. It is what it is. She will always be a polarizing figure. People will either hate her or pull for her.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

What about all of her withdraws from tournies? Then she dosnt sign her cardwhen she had a chance to win. In my own opinion she dosn't belong with the boys, but thats just me. Lets just hope she is 100% and she signs her card this weekend. It's as if she is trying to be Annika. Just like you said Jeep it is what it is.Im not saying she's not a talented player but come on she needs to focus on the LPGA.

I think it would be great if there was a woman who could compete with the men and really keep up with them, but I just don't think her game is at the point where she could really compete.

If she really wanted to compete with the men and then she would approach this differently. I can understand the rush to compete with the men (money, publicity, etc), but from a golf point of view I can't understand it. She needs to "learn to win" before she can honestly and truly compete with the men. That doesn't mean win a tournament here or there, come in 4th in this tournament, have this many top 10's or miss the men's cut by 1 stroke. That is not winning, that's almost winning. She needs to know how to go out and literally dominate women's golf before she even attempts to legitimately compete on the PGA Tour. Because lets be honest I think we can all agree that she couldn't beat Tiger or Phil on a normal day. What is the harm in spending time on the LPGA tour, improving her game and learning to close out tournaments before she gives the PGA tour another whirl.

If you don't go out there knowing you can make the cut, knowing you have the game to compete and knowing that you are in a position to win then you have no real chance in competing and I don't think she is at that point yet.

----------------------------
In the Grom:

Driver: Sasquatch 9.5 Mitsubishi Diamana XS
3 Wood: Bubble Burner (needs to be replaced immediately)7 Wood: Steelhead IIIIrons: CG1 Black Pearls 2-PWWedges: 650 - 56 degree; 60 degree Putter: White Hot XG9 33"Ball: ProV1

Anyone ever consider the possiblity that Nike has 'bonus' payments in her endorsement contract for her participation in PGA Tour events?

I would think this is a very real posibilty and you can't blame her for making her money....especially with the cost of a Stanford education these days.

GO Michelle!!

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Great angle that I never even thought of.

On a side note to Michelle playing, I will also get to see Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey play. Think he'll make the cut? What odds would you give Michell and Tommy to make the cut?!?!

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Great angle that I never even thought of.

I'd say Tommy has a much better chance. She is long for a woman but still not in the vicinity of most average tour players. No matter what the reason is for her playing, it is good for golf because people are talking about it. People will tune in to watch a tournament that otherwise would go relatively unwatched.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I'd say Tommy has a much better chance. She is long for a woman but still not in the vicinity of most average tour players. No matter what the reason is for her playing, it is good for golf because people are talking about it. People will tune in to watch a tournament that otherwise would go relatively unwatched.

I agree with that, and regardless of how I feel by her playing, I will tune in and watch. Tommy 'Two Gloves' meanwhile, imo, is fighting for tour respect and not to be just a Big Break castoff, so I think his chances for making the cut are definitely higher -- not to dismiss Wie.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I would be worried about getting my game good enough first then worry about money. I'm the type that would want to make my sponsers happy in a performance since of the word not a marketing standpoint Thats just me. But I see what you are saying

It's as if she is trying to be Annika. Just like you said Jeep it is what it is.Im not saying she's not a talented player but come on she needs to focus on the LPGA.

I do not think she's trying to be like Annika at all. Quite to the contrary she is trying to be the first female player to regularly play on the PGA tour. I think many want her to be like Annika and play on the LPGA tour and win a lot on the LPGA tour. That has never been her stated goal. She has always stated that she wants to play regularly on the PGA tour and be the first female to play in the Masters.

In my bag:

She has always stated that she wants to play regularly on the PGA tour and be the first female to play in the Masters.

I'm the father of two little girls, so I'm routing for her ... but that goal is just flat out dumb. Unfortunately about as dumb as I think Michelle and her management are. I hate to say that, but I really think she's not too bright. Yes, she's young and some of it can DEFINITELY be chalked up to that. Her goals should be:

1. Figure out how to sign a scorecard. 2. Win consistently in the LPGA (until that time, you're not as good as you think you are). 3. THEN parlay that into a PGA tour career ... if you're good enough.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

Wie is a great player on LPGA,but I don't know about the PGA.I predict a top 20 finish for her no less.

In My Weekender Bag
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
Irons: Big Bertha 96's 2-pw-sw
Wedge: Forged X-Tour 58*
Putter: White Hot Tour Putter #1Ball: e6+14 Years old

I'm the father of two little girls, so I'm routing for her ... but that goal is just flat out dumb. Unfortunately about as dumb as I think Michelle and her management are. I hate to say that, but I really think she's not too bright. Yes, she's young and some of it can DEFINITELY be chalked up to that. Her goals should be:

I agree somewhat with you. The way she is going about achieving her goals does not seem to be really working. Last year was a disaster. But she has made enough money so that she and her family should not really have to ever worry about money. She now has the freedom to pretty much try whatever she wants which does not seem to be too bad of a position.

In my bag:

I'm the father of two little girls, so I'm routing for her ... but that goal is just flat out dumb.

Agreed. She says...... "The only thing I can control is myself." She can't even remember to sign a frigging score card.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Regardless what she states it wont happen, she needs to learn her place. Plus how do you forget to sign your card.

I beileve it happens. Natlie Gulbis was DQ for forgetting to sign her scorecard at a tournament in 2006.

Natalie Gulbis was disqualified today at the Corona Morelia Championship, after shooting a 77. The LPGA website indicates a DQ, but doesn't give a reason. According to the AP, Natalie forgot to sign her own scorecard. She did sign her partner's card as a witness and apparently a few autographs after the round.
In my bag:

I just dont understand how you forget i mean they are pros they know they have to sign their card. Im not a pro yet but when I played junior golf, high school golf and college I never forgot. I just dont get it

This wont be the first time I have called MW out for what she is... a fraud,pure and simple. She cannot compete on the LPGA tour - what makes her think she can compete on any other tour. She lacks the skills to WIN - plain and simple. She is utterly delusional (listen to some post round comments after she fires a cool 82...)

It's clear that Standford's admission process is REALLY stringent...ah, the power of ca$$$$h money...

Titleist Hybrid Stand Bag White & Lime Green
- TM Tour Burner 9.5 Degree, Aldila Proto by You
- TM R5 Ti 3 Wood
- TM Burner Hybrid #3,#4,#5
- Titleist AP2 6-PW, Project X 5.5 Shafts- Titleist Vokey 50 degree Black Nickel- Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Satin 54 and 58 Degree- Titleist Scotty...

Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!