IGNORED

HIGHWAY 18 - Slow Play Is Not An Option

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Buttercup?

I think that's what Parker calls Andy sometimes.

Speaking of which, I love how those guys go after each other. It's healthy in that you can tell they both still have respect for the other. The way Jay talks to his Dad, he can say he's doing the same, but the difference is that I don't see Jay showing much respect for Peach.

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree....he's very disrespectful of his father. It really makes it hard to watch those two.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I think that's what Parker calls Andy sometimes.

Hah! I missed that. Those guys kill me. I did hear PK refer to their team as "Team Fat Boy" last episode (he's always calling Andy "Fat Boy").

I do think Jay respects Peach. I just think he has a temper and is really impatient - neither of which is very attractive.

It's not Jay is disrespectful I mean it is his father, and he is just trying to win. I'm sure his dad understands and doesn't take it personally at all.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Previews and promos have a tendency to make you think something's gonna happen but a lot of the time, it's not even close to what happens! Tricky producers! I would be glad to see Jay and Peach go but that takes away the guy people love to hate (Jay). I'd rather see Rob and Charlotte get a strike, but how likely is it really that all the teams will get a strike before anyone leaves? I'd say the team most likely to finish last this week has to be the girls, because aside from last weeks show, they showed basically nothing in the course challenges.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

• Administrator
Previews and promos have a tendency to make you think something's gonna happen but a lot of the time, it's not even close to what happens!

I agree, but I also think this must be the episode in which Raul alleges that someone else touches their line.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree, but I also think this must be the episode in which Raul alleges that someone else touches their line.

I wonder if someone's going to call out the game being rigged - how, mysteriously, new rules have been introduced each time the Ashes were about to be eliminated. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but

come on . I just find it hard to watch. And I even watch Greatest American Dog.

I wonder if someone's going to call out the game being rigged - how, mysteriously, new rules have been introduced each time the Ashes were about to be eliminated. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but

What times are you reffering to "new rules have been introduced"?? I've been watching religiously & the only team that's been saved by a change in the format is Rob & Charlotte..... I've seen nothing that would imply that the Ashley team is being favored by rigging.

I've been watching religiously & the only team that's been saved by a change in the format is Rob & Charlotte.....

And even that was iffy - - - on The Amazing Race they have a couple of non-elimination legs during the competition. I'm sure it was brought up when the rules were being discussed.

My Equipment:

I just get irritated when a team loses and it's "surprise! You need TWO strikes!" or "surprise! No eliminations this week!" or "surprise! Tie-breaker not involving golf or playoffs!" It may be only me, and that's fine, but I like knowing how someone can win. Like normal golf, most points? You lose. Football: most points? You win. Survivor or other shows: get voted off? Bye-bye. I never watched Amazing Race so maybe it's a different format than normal competitions.

• Administrator
I just get irritated when a team loses and it's "surprise! You need TWO strikes!" or "surprise! No eliminations this week!"

I think contestants were given a big printout that listed the rules, and this "SuperLeg" thing was one of them. I think they mentioned that they all started paying attention to the rules sheet after that happened, or something, in the interviews that another poster here in this thread does.

I never watched Amazing Race so maybe it's a different format than normal competitions.

It is. It's quite similar, and they have non-elimination rounds, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think contestants were given a big printout that listed the rules, and this "SuperLeg" thing was one of them. I think they mentioned that they all started paying attention to the rules sheet after that happened, or something, in the interviews that another poster here in this thread does.

That would be good, if they were clued in. I just personally, and this is my take, feel like I'm not. Dufferman: I do remember Rob and Charlotte too. I just hope all this backtracking, loopholes, and jumping through hoops still means the best golfers will win.

I'm just saying, the only time there was a "surprise you need two strikes" was the losers on the 1st show & the only "surprise, no elimination today" has been Rob & Charlotte. I'm sure it would be in the best interests of the show to have the blond girl team as long as possible, but I don't think the golf channel would rig it to keep them around. They're still being here has been completely fair & non-suspicious as far as I've seen.

Why would you want to be clued in? What's the point of that? It's supposed to keep you on your toes, that's what's been fun about it!! If everything was obvious & predictable than that wouldn't be interesting... Would you want M. Night Shayamalan to tell you that Bruce Willis was dead the whole time in "The Sixth Sense" - in a little disclaimer before the movie starts?

I'm betting that this is another promo that is misleading!

The guy says, "He just touched his line." But the narrator says, "Someone makes an accusation that will change the game." Never says they are talking about Raul. Nor does it say it's talking about touching anyone's line. At least we don't have much longer to wait to find out!
My Equipment:

That would be good, if they were clued in. I just personally, and this is my take, feel like I'm not. Dufferman: I do remember Rob and Charlotte too. I just hope all this backtracking, loopholes, and jumping through hoops still means the best golfers will win.

I think the best way to look at this show is as a game show, and not necessarily a golf competition. In other words, I don't think this show was constructed to necessarily find the best golfers of the bunch, but more for (obviously) entertainment purposes, and to find the team who can best deal with all the elements of the competition... those being golf, navigation, speed and dare I say, luck.

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

And a wrench has been thrown into the axle in the form of hickory-shafted clubs, which apparently no one has played with before. Interesting to see who can adapt...

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!