IGNORED

HIGHWAY 18 - Slow Play Is Not An Option

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey worst shot ever :)

Maybe it's not such a crazy theory after all. Golfgal, you have your assignment!

I wonder if the teams are told that they have to participate in the product placement on this thing. The Enclave and SkyCaddie references seem a little manufactured. "There's an Enclave. There's another Enclave!" Uh huh.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the teams are told that they have to participate in the product placement on this thing. The Enclave and SkyCaddie references seem a little manufactured. "There's an Enclave. There's another Enclave!" Uh huh.

I'm not sure I see it that way. What else would he say? "There's a car! There's another car!!" Or "There's a team!!"

I think he was just saying what he saw... if it was a Camaro instead of an Enclacve, it makes perfect sense that he would say that... "There's a Camaro!!"

I don't know, I think there is also some personal animosity between Team R/J and Team Reynolds (at least from R/J's side).

Totally agree. I think there's no doubt that in the very least R/J doesn't like P/J (I don't think Jay likes anyone, including team R/J)... but I think at least part of the animosity is due to the fact that they think Peach and Jay are the strongest team and are intimidated by them.

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

Totally agree. I think there's no doubt that in the very least R/J doesn't like P/J (I don't think Jay likes anyone, including team R/J)... but I think at least part of the animosity is due to the fact that they think Peach and Jay are the strongest team and are intimidated by them.

I agree.

But I disagree with R/J's assessment. I think Rob and Charlotte are the strongest team. No strikes and their only foul-ups have been on the road, not in any golf. (I think. I'm a little fuzzy at the moment. Need more caffeine.) And while P/J have always done well in the clubhouse challenges, they struggle in the road challenges. Rob and Charlotte have not. I wonder if there is some editing of non-essential footage that makes Rob/Charlotte look like less of a favorite?

I agree.

I agree with your disagreement. I think (hope) that in the end Jay's methods will prove his undoing and that Rob and Charlotte's calm nature will allow them to win.

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

Watching the Bell Micro Classic today, the new H18 commercial was on

(blindfolded clam for those who don't want to know)

"Another team finds the end of the road"

So I guess that means Rob and Charlotte don't get a strike this week.

And either the Ashes, Peach/Jay or Team Boring Raul/Jameica get booted.

With my viewing luck, it will be the Ashes.

Yeah, I saw that too, and thought, "gee, that's dumb."

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Watching the Bell Micro Classic today, the new H18 commercial was on...

Yeah, I noticed that too. The Golf Channel could conduct a seminar on how to make reality shows as anti-climactic as possible through show promos and editing.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Yeah, I noticed that too. The Golf Channel could conduct a seminar on how to make reality shows as anti-climactic as possible through show promos and editing.

I wouldn't be surprised if this took place:

[Charlotte and Rob have no strikes; Peach and Jay have one. The other three teams are eliminated.] Voice-over on ad: "In this final installment of Highway 18, a team will be eliminated as we crown our first champion." (And, honestly, a scenario with one team having to beat another team head-to-head twice to win the competition would stink. I hope it doesn't happen.) Another thing that vexes me (and this occurs on the BB series as well) is promo footage that occurs in an episode after the current one. Usually this isn't such a big deal, but, until the episode from which the promo is taken is aired, those shown in the promo will remain on the show. For example, TGC has repeatedly aired the clip of the Ashes chipping in consecutively since the beginning of the show. When it looked like the Ashes were headed for their second strike and elimination in week 3, those who had seen the promo knew they would remain, killing the episode's suspense. Promos and advertisements have worked to the detriment of Highway 18.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

I wouldn't be surprised if this took place:

Too true. Also,

the shot of the Ash's in black, one on the floor, at the box is ripe with significance, which I take to mean they're going nowhere tuesday. I interpret that scene to mean that they made it, if just barely, and the collapse of one Ash on the ground is her comedic reaction to getting the ball -- especially given that the other Ash appears to be in good humor. Not a certainity, but I guess we'll see....

I wonder if they may throw in a double, in which two teams receive a strike? If so, a team could be eliminated on the same day that Rob and Charluscious get their first strike. I don't know if there is such a precedent to be drawn from Amazing Race, but Project Runway has done that before (or so I'm told ).

Well, I hope its R&J; going home tonight. I can't stand Raul at all.

I will give a "2nd" for that team going home ASAP.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5036 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!