IGNORED

Plaid Pants

Note: This thread is 5554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Regardless of the car argument (thoughtful retort, by the way, you're a difficult man to deceive), the fact of the matter is that he, in no way, implied that Burberry makes $85 pants. He simply made that statement that the only way that pants would be worth $85 is if they were made by a respectable designer, and Burberry happened to be the name that was dropped. He did, though, react to your inference unfavorably.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here we go:

Not even close, my friend. He said he would buy Burberry pants if they were available for $85 dollars, and you took that out of context and made that (obvious) claim that Burberry doesn't make $85 dollar pants.

Thank you rubbery, your the man. I appreciate that you can comprehend my statement. I didn't think it was going to be that difficult. Thank You

Bourbon and Coke your name suites you, because when you type it doesn't seem like your sober. So please read carefully and maybe read twice, even three times before replying. Thank You

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 weeks later...
Do you wear plaid pants to golf ever?

LOL. What is old is new, again. This reminds me of the early and mid 60's when plaid and Madress was "in".

• 5 months later...

I know how some of you guys hate bringing back old threads, but I couldn't resist.

I am one of those guys who hate ordering clothes online but I happened to be in Dicks Sporting Goods today and they had just put out some of the new Nike Golf Plaid Pants.

Since they had my size, I couldnt help myself so I bought 2 pair. They seem to have more of that Euro fit where they are a little slimmer in the legs but they still look really cool. IMO.

So yeah I guess I will be wearing plaid out there. Can't wait!

What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

Oh heck no i wont even wear white pants muchless plaid. JMHO

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Oh heck no i wont even wear white pants muchless plaid. JMHO

Not your cup of tea huh? lol

What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

I wear madras plaid shorts and love them! If I golfed in long pants I'd wear plaid ones too! There is an advertisement in the back of golfing magazines that advertise plaid pants and other golfwear.

. . ."Commit to each shot. . .and believe"!!

In my R7 Tour Bag:

Driver: Taylor Made R1 "Black" Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Shaft  Fairway:  RocketBallz #3 (15 degree) Stiff Shaft  Hybrid:  #3 (19 degree) Stiff Shaft,  Hybrid:  #5 Burner (25 degree) Stiff Shaft   Irons & Wedges: CGB Max '08 Black Steel Stiff Shaft. PW, SW, & LW. Putter: Rossa Modena...

this season club monaco has filled like half thier store with wool plaid pants. Simple windopanes and checks mostly. JCrew has glen plaid grey chinos. Band of Outsiders always has them, as does Polo Ralph Lauren, Original Penguin, Hickey, Rag & Bone, J PRess, etc.

Now is prob the best time to buy because it's not only trad/preppy clothes churning them out, americana is in fashion so fashion brands will be carrying them all over. Ridiculous as it might sound, an old man would prob be just as 'right-at-home' at the Barney's COOP level as would its target demo, young men.

I got either a TGW or Golfsmith catalog last week that had a variety of "golf" pants, houndstooth, plaid, patchwork, just plain ugly pants.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Not your cup of tea huh? lol

Ya you could say that LOL.

come on dude, white pants are the best!

Ok i guess your right white isnt terrible.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Sorry guys I know I'm a bit more new school here, but what is it about golf that makes perfectly sane individuals dress like they're blind? Who wears plaid pants to dinner? Old men with ZERO fasion sense. That's who. I'll stick with solid colors thanks. The rest of you can try to find the most rediculous pants you can. Just don't ever look at a teenager and wonder why he/she would wear the rediculous clothes they put on.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

I got two pairs of plaid shorts i bust em out for caddyin once and a while but other than that i dont wear them.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I like plaid pants, got 3 Peak Performance plaid pants, cotton. I also like sharp colors. I don't dress like Poulter, but more colorful than most people I meet on course. In my opinion there are too many grey and black outfits.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry guys I know I'm a bit more new school here, but what is it about golf that makes perfectly sane individuals dress like they're blind? Who wears plaid pants to dinner? Old men with ZERO fasion sense. That's who. I'll stick with solid colors thanks. The rest of you can try to find the most rediculous pants you can. Just don't ever look at a teenager and wonder why he/she would wear the rediculous clothes they put on.

Like plaid shorts, black socks, and oxford golf shoes. A classic look.

And the same person that wears this combo will berate another person for not respecting golf because they don't have a collar on their shirt.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

uh plaid pants aren't for old men with 'ZERO' fashion sense. First off style is subjective, and nobody made you the authority on what is 'rediculous'(sic) or what is not. Second off if you were really 'new school' you would now that plaid pants are in fashion right now and you can find them on the racks of high end department stores country wide. And even if they weren't in fashion right now, they are timeless and classic. You just have a distorted view of what they are because you are only exposed to them when poulter or the like vies for attention with a particularly loud pair. Plaid pants are a vintage mainstay of golf wear, and a lot better looking to my eye then synthetic color-blocked polos and baseball caps that are the norm in golf attire today.

Like plaid shorts, black socks, and oxford golf shoes. A classic look.

Quoting this just because the sentiment is so true and the tongue-in-cheek delivery was pretty priceless...

In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

Note: This thread is 5554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!