IGNORED

Bridgestone B330 - Found a new Ball

Note: This thread is 6873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got the chance to try Bridgestone's new B330 ball this weekend and was very impressed. Played two rounds on friday and saturday and this ball simply amazed me.

I usually play with Pro V1X, but there's no comparison. We played on a relatively flat course, very humid, about fifty degrees, soggy fairways, not great conditions.

This ball has incredible distance. I'm a pretty long player, usually carry 270-280. The shortest drive I hit was 290, every other one was 300+. Flat out, Bridgestone's ball is about 15 yards longer than V1X off my driver and 10 yards off my irons. I flew my first two greens before I finally compensated.

Even though it plays about a club more than V1X, it's still able to spin more than the V1X. I had no problems holding greens or backing up shots. However, the biggest bonus for me, was that the ball seemed more durable than the V1X. Even full swings with my toothy vokeys didn't scuff the cover badly. I'm going to play a few more rounds this week to be sure it wasn't a fluke before I make the permanent switch.

I never thought I'd find a replacement for the V1X, but it looks like I have. This ball is longer off the driver and spins more off the irons than the V1X. Off the putter, they feel identical. I hope Titleist has some big plans for the remodeled V1X, because they're going to need it if they want to retain their title as the #1 ball in golf.

I also got to sneak a peek at Bridgestone's new irons. They had a forged blade/cavity back set which consisted of a true muscle back in PW-8, a half cavity in 7-5, and a full cavity in 4-3. Despite my begging, I wasn't allowed to hit with them, but I really like the idea better than a standard muscleback/half cavity most combo sets are. They are also introducing a true forged muslce back set. It appears as though Bridgestone has their act together and has done quite a bit of research and development on their product offerings.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I got the chance to try Bridgestone's new B330 ball this weekend and was very impressed. Played two rounds on friday and saturday and this ball simply amazed me.

You like the ONE Black too, don't you? Bridgestone also makes the Nike balls.

I also got to sneak a peek at Bridgestone's new irons. They had a forged blade/cavity back set which consisted of a true muscle back in PW-8, a half cavity in 7-5, and a full cavity in 4-3. Despite my begging, I wasn't allowed to hit with them, but I really like the idea better than a standard muscleback/half cavity most combo sets are. They are also introducing a true forged muslce back set. It appears as though Bridgestone has their act together and has done quite a bit of research and development on their product offerings.

That sounds good... Didn't they do the PowerBILT stuff many years ago? And aren't Maxfli or some other ball also Bridgestone? Hmm... My memory is faltering at 2am.

B330s can be had for $39.99 at GolfGalaxy but I didn't find them on too many other sites.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm interested in giving these things a try.

I actually lived in Japan a while back ('95/'96) and back in my days Bridgestone had their Reygrande ball as their top ball. I loved those things! I'm sure these B330 will be just as good. $39.99/dozen doesn't sound all that bad either!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 2 weeks later...
I have heard that these balls go a long way a spin well too. I cant wait to give them a try. I dont think they will replace the prov1 in my bag but we will ahve to wait and see.
WITB
R7 TP 10.5* Fujikura SIX
R580 Fairway Fujikura Vista Pro 60
200 Steel 5 wood Fujikura Tour PLatform 27.3
Steelhead X-14 Pro series 52* Black Nickle Vokey 8* Bounce56* Black Nickle Vokey 10* Bounce Scotty Cameron Newport Beach 33"Pro V1 #8

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
I have heard that these balls go a long way a spin well too. I cant wait to give them a try. I dont think they will replace the prov1 in my bag but we will ahve to wait and see.

Stopped in to my pro shop (in the golf dome) today and asked if they'd be carrying the B330. He said "you bet, same price as the ProV1" (which seems to me to be a tad high, really). Sometime in March (to get them before that is pointless, after all, in PA).

Then he gave me a sleeve of prototypes they had sitting around. Not sure what I'm gonna do with them (well, not until April anyway). So, here's my understanding of the golf ball market for "better" players right now. Four balls:
  • Titleist Pro V1(x)
  • Nike One (Gold/Black)
  • Callway HX Tour
  • Bridgestone B330
Leave any out?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So, here's my understanding of the golf ball market for "better" players right now. Four balls:

I can definately add some to that:

• 1 month later...
I got my hands on a sleeve of these today. Course is a bit wet so I'll hold off on giving them a shot for a while, but I'm excited to hit'em.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
I'm going to alternate between the B330 and the new V1x. After I run out of my old V1xs, that is.

The B330 is great.

I was going to mention the same thing. I wonder if that ball is simply a Nike One Black...

IMHO, Bridgestone is flat out longer, and Nike One Black doesn't have the same spin around the greens as the Bridgestone. Most importantly, the Bridgestone is the most stable ball I've ever tried in the wind.

Has anyone tried the new ProV1x? Is there a noticable difference between the new and old prov1x. Has anyone compared the new prov1x and the B330?

Titleist 905R 8.5 w/ UST V2 75 S
Taylor Made R7 TP TS 13 w/ Vista Pro 80 XS
Titleist 695cb 2i w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist 695.mb 3-PW w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 54.14 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 60.08 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Cameron Studio Style...

Has anyone tried the new ProV1x? Is there a noticable difference between the new and old prov1x. Has anyone compared the new prov1x and the B330?

I have played both. The new V1 X-332 is longer, but not by much. Even

Titleist only claims 3 yards off the tee . However, it does spin better. For me and my game, the B330 is suited perfectly, I've never played a better ball than it, it does everything very well. If you want some hard numbers I did a launch monitor test in my review of Maxfli's BlackMAX . It's clearly better, but not as good as the Bridgestone. [pre]Brand / Ball Speed Launch Spin Carry Bridgestone B330 184.1 12.8° 2809 303.1 Maxfli BlackMAX * 182.7 13.9° 2895 297.4 Nike One Black 181.9 13.0° 2874 297.1 Titleist Pro V1-x ** 183.3 13.5° 2865 299.1 Titleist Pro V1 x 182.9 13.8° 2902 296.8[/pre]

• Administrator
How do you like the Hex series in the wind. Everyone says the hex pattern is better...

No Pro V1 has a "hex" pattern.

How do you like the Hex series in the wind. Everyone says the hex pattern is better...

That's the one ball I've been meaning to try. I haven't found any at the course, and don't really want to spend the $$$ right now.

I've heard very good things about it in the wind, and its performance overall. It'd be interesting to try. I should have included that with the launch monitor test. One thing is, they still haven't released Phil's ball yet. They're supposed to be releasing it this summer, so I'll probably wait till then. The bridgestone is the same ball Freddie, Stuart, and Shigeki play with. Hopefully they'll have another run of "send us your Pro V1X's in any shape and we'll send you 2 HX's to try." I should have taken them up on that offer the first time.

• Administrator
Hopefully they'll have another run of "send us your Pro V1X's in any shape and we'll send you 2 HX's to try." I should have taken them up on that offer the first time.

Ooh, that sounds like a good deal. I have a few pretty nicely bruised ones I'd love to trade in. For practice balls if nothing else, eh?!

As a religious v1x user and at the end of our summer. There is certainly plenty of hipe regarding the b330 I hope I can get my hands on it soon.

Where did some one say Galaxy golf has some??

This would be the best time to try new balls down here!

Bridgestone J33p Tour. Fuji Zcom MW 54x
Titleist 905R 9.5 Diamana Ion 63x
Titleist 904f 13 Aldila R&D Proto 65x
Bridgestone Airmuscle 19 Bonzai 75x
3-PW - Titleist 670 DG Superlite s300 56 deg - Solus 5661 deg - Solus 61Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport Ball - V1x. B330. HX Tour 56

Note: This thread is 6873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!