IGNORED

The Shark turns down an exemption into the PGA

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think that he made the right move. He is pacing himself. If his season ended right now, his performance in the Open Championship would make the entire season a successful one. He is 53 years old, and cannot play and practice like he used to. Plus, he is a successful businessman and has to "take care of business" first and foremost.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Well he is getting old and it was nice to see him compete, but hes still on the senior tour isn't he. I'm sure he'll want to play at the open again next year

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

I think I read that if he were to play, it would be four consecutive weeks on the road (and many miles traveled) due to him playing in the Senior U.S. Open in Colorado this weekend. Not surprising.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I think I read that if he were to play, it would be four consecutive weeks on the road (and many miles traveled) due to him playing in the Senior U.S. Open in Colorado this weekend. Not surprising.

You are right---four weeks traveling. It is a very understandable decision. Look at what being tired did to Anthony Kim on Sunday, and he is a young guy.

I'm a bit disappointed as it was a lot of fun seeing him contend again but it's unrealistic to think he'd be able to challenge at the PGA, much less make the cut. I did read something about how that would be his 4th tournament in a row and apparently he already had something scheduled that week. Now, I'll be much more disappointed if he turns down his invitation to Augusta. It would be so cool to see him out there competing in the Masters one more time.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I'm a bit disappointed as it was a lot of fun seeing him contend again but it's unrealistic to think he'd be able to challenge at the PGA, much less make the cut. I did read something about how that would be his 4th tournament in a row and apparently he already had

I have to believe that he will accept the invitation to Augusta. He loves the tournament and the golf course and has played well there, even though he has not won it. Like everyone else, I felt so sorry for him in 1996 when he went into Sunday's round with a 5 shot lead, and lost by 6---Faldo 67; Norman 78-------------BUT he was still in it until the 15th hole. He never gave up. I would love to see him have a chance to win on the back nine on Sunday. Imagine the roars from the "patrons" if he started making birdies then.

norman does not need to play the pga and he made a wise decision not to.

WE agree, once again.

While it would have certainly been a rough four weeks for him with traveling and such, it would have been nice to see him play. He's playing good golf right now, so I would have thought he'd want to give it a go, but I guess not.

Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!