IGNORED

New Year's 'Golf' resolution.

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 6718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The new year is nearly upon us and it got me thinking....

What are the things, golf related, that you want to stop doing or start doing on the course or in your swing in 2006? For me, there are a few. First is to change my grip. It is a bit strong with the right hand and I need to weaken it a bit. It has been really hard for me to commit to this change. Second, my launch angle with my driver is too low. I've had mild success last year, but it still not high enough. Last, I want to get into better shape and get back into the gym to strengthen my core.

Other than that, I just want to continue improving on my stats. I made strides last year and want to keep that trend going.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I want to have the same handicap as Dave. :)

Nah, seriously, I was at the driving range last Saturday and was hitting everything fat. I loosened my grip, and I hit every shot (except driver) after that where I wanted to. That made a huge difference for me, and I hope to carry that over into 2006. I think I was just too uptight with my golf swing.

Second, I want to have more success with my driver. I just can't hit the thing that far. I can hit the 3-wood just as far or farther 9 out of 10 times, and it ticks me off. It's more of a mental thing, but I hope to figure something out with that.

I don't have a real goal for lowering my handicap. I feel if I do these things above, the handicap will take care of itself. I wouldn't mind getting into single digits with my handicap, but we will see.

I took a lot of positive steps in 2005 as far as having fun again with the game of golf, and I hope to continue that in 2006. I would like to play as often as possible and learn some things along the way.

Here's to a great 2006 for everyone.

I think I'll focus on:
1) Playing more: I'm too rusty as seen at the Newport Cup. I only get a bout 10-15 rounds in a year now.

2) Get in shape: I workout at least 4 times a week, but i never feel "in shape", so i need to figure something out with that. And that might mean changing my diet and training for a marathon (maybe?).

3) Shortgame: I can always improve on this.

4) Swing: I'd like to have a more powerful swing. I swing fairly compact right now, but would like to get more like Tiger

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

For 2005, I was just blessed to be able to start playing this great game, as before I actually played I thought it was the worst sport, if you wanted to call it a sport. After playing for the first time, I got hooked like no other, just ask Thrasher, lol.

For 2006, I am hoping to start CHIPPING a LOT better and putting. I just received my new shafts in my irons so I hope the length will help me there. For the driver, I dont really care about distance at this time, I just want to be more Consistant and hitting on the fairway not on the other hole fairway!!! Last but not least would to actually whoop up on Thrash one time in 2006

Last but not least would to actually whoop up on Thrash one time in 2006

Heh, I'd like to see that. Maybe if you get down in the 80s eventually, it will push me to shoot in the 70s a little more.

Also, I forgot to mention anything about getting in better shape. That is not only my goal for 2006, it's also my wife's goal. I'm going to try a different approach than some people. I'm going to get a treadmill and run every other day. On the days I'm not running, I'm going to hit a punching bag and speed bag. I've wanted one for awhile, and I think it would be fun to do that. I would have more fun doing it, and it would kill two birds with one stone. So yeah, getting in shape is a big thing for me too.

well last year I made it a goal to break 40 consistently in our golf league. I probably played to about an 18 to 20 handicap at the start of the year and managed to get down to about a 10 by years end. I managed to break 40 about the last 4 weeks of the league. I put in alot of work and played hard to get there. This year my goal will be to shoot at least even par in an 18 hole round. Its a lofty goal but not unattainable. Can't wait for some warm weather to get back out on the course.

It may sound simple, but I'd just like to find the time to play twice a month. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to find a regular golfing partner, but if not I'm committing myself to playing more often anyway.

Do more stretching exercises and work on flexibility to hopefully lengthen the backswing and avoid some nagging injuries that have been popping up.

Practice smarter and slower at the driving range - Each shot should be just like it would be on the course and start doing some practice on the grass and off of the mats.

Work on slowing up tempo, even though today at the range I was doing so much better with a way to fast backswing with no pause at the top.

Start consciously rolling my wrists/forearms over, which I believe is why I am hitting a lot of shots 15 to 30 degrees right.

Note: This thread is 6718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!