IGNORED

Laura Diaz---1 shot back with a 66!!

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Juli Inkster is leading the Women's British Open with a 65, but Laura is one of those right behind her! She has not had a typical year in 2008, as she has had only 3 Top Ten finishes in 17 tournaments, but she can play! We root for her since she is from Upstate New York---Scotia, near Albany. She had had to juggle raising her young son, Cooper, while practicing and playing and has admitted that is not always easy. We hope she does well in the next three days as she chases one of the ULTIMATE working Moms, Juli Inkster.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Don't know what it is about Ms. Diaz, but I've always thought she was hot. I always pull for her. I love it when she plays well in the early rounds b/c they show more of her in the later rounds.

WITB:
Driver-B'stone J33R 9.5* Pro Force V2 65S 44.5"
3w/5w-B'stone J33R 15-18* NV75 Stiff
3h Ping G10 21* TFC Stiff
irons-Mizuno Pro II w/4-9, MP-T 47 PW, currently have DG S300. X100 Soft Stepped 1x or PX 6.0 are on stand by.GW Mizuno MP-T 53-9* DG R300LW Titleist Vokey SM 58-12* DG Wedge flexT...

Paula is 7 shots back. She definetly has her work cut out for her.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Don't know what it is about Ms. Diaz, but I've always thought she was hot. I always pull for her. I love it when she plays well in the early rounds b/c they show more of her in the later rounds.

I happen to agree with you. She is hot, and looks even better in person. She is an interesting golfer as well. She grew up playing at ther Dad's driving range in Scotia, and grew to love golf. While other athletically-inclined kids were "gym rats" and played basketball, etc., she was a "range rat", and look how it has paid off!!

It doesn't matter who is leading after the first round, it only matters who is leading after the final round.

Really? Mighty observant of you.

WITB:
irons-Mizuno Pro II w/4-9, MP-T 47 PW, currently have DG S300. X100 Soft Stepped 1x or PX 6.0 are on stand by.GW Mizuno MP-T 53-9* DG R300LW Titleist Vokey SM 58-12* DG Wedge flexT...

Laura's having a much better year this year than last. And she's not the only one. Childbirth really seemed to mess up her game last year. Ditto Leta Lindley (which may be one reason why Annika is stepping away--I can't imagine her settling for a bad year).
WITB
Driver--PING Rhapsody, 16*
Fairway Wood--PING Rhapsody 22*
Hybrids--Cobra Bafflers, 3 (23*), 6 (32*)
Irons--Callaway X-20, 7-AW SW--Wilson ProstaffLW--Nancy LopezPutter--Bettinardi HawkBalls--Pinnacle Gold DistanceBags--Datrek IDS (cart), Sun Mountain 3.5 (carry)

Man, Laura had a crazy round today. She had 3 eagles, missed a putt for a 4th eagle, but ended up with a 72.

WITB:

Man, Laura had a crazy round today. She had 3 eagles, missed a putt for a 4th eagle, but ended up with a 72.

Talk about a roller coaster ride!! Even with the 72, she is tied for 9th and only 4 shots back, so she is still "in the hunt". I would love to see her win. One note: many of you may remember two years ago when her brother, Ron, Jr, played in the PGA Championship, and Laura caddied for him even though she was pregnant. The announcers pointed that out a few times, of course. They are a real golfing family!! Their Dad, Ron, Sr., runs a golf school in Amelia Island, Florida, in the winter, and at the Leatherstocking Golf Course in Copperstown in the summer. From their fondness for that area, Laura and Kevin gave their son the middle name "Cooper", which is what they usually call him.

Juli Inkster is leading the Women's British Open with a 65, but Laura is one of those right behind her! She has not had a typical year in 2008, as she has had only 3 Top Ten finishes in 17 tournaments, but she can play! We root for her since she is from Upstate New York---Scotia, near Albany. She had had to juggle raising her young son, Cooper, while practicing and playing and has admitted that is not always easy. We hope she does well in the next three days as she chases one of the ULTIMATE working Moms, Juli Inkster.

Laura's roller coaster ride today had more downs than ups, and her 75 leaves her 10 shots out of the lead. She shot herself out of the tournament. Meanwhile, Natalie Gulbis is still there---only 4 back, after a 70! Would it not be something if she won, and nailed down her first Major before her friend, Paula Creamer?

She deserved to win. She was the dominant player all week. It was nice to see Creamer take a run at it and daaaaang she looked good today!

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

well another korean won the british open. well done.

She definitely deserved to win! I am going to stop rooting for people: Laura Diaz, Juli Inkster, Natalie Gulbis, and Paula Creamer. I am putting a HEX on them. Here are the top five finishers (NO Americans---Cristie Kerr was low American, in 6th place): RICOH Women's British Open Pos Player Today Thru Total 1 Ji-Yai Shin -6 F -18 2 Yani Tseng -6 F -15 T3 Eun-Hee Ji -5 F -14 T3 Yuri Fudoh -1 F -14 5 Ai Miyazato I think that I can pronounce the names of Yani, Yuri, and Ai, but I will probably stumble over the full names of Ji and Eun. Talk about an Oriental Domination, which keeps building year after year!!

Its was nice to see a couple of the Japanese ladies doing well too. I was disappointed that Gulbis didnt do better, but it was nice to see Creamer have a good final round.

I've followed both Yani Tseng and Ai Miyazato for rounds. Yani is an amazing ball striker. Ai is teeny and adorable--the driver looks bigger than she is. She has a funny little hitch at the top of her backswing that the camera doesn't seem to pick up. It was nice to see her place so highly.
WITB
Driver--PING Rhapsody, 16*
Fairway Wood--PING Rhapsody 22*
Hybrids--Cobra Bafflers, 3 (23*), 6 (32*)
Irons--Callaway X-20, 7-AW SW--Wilson ProstaffLW--Nancy LopezPutter--Bettinardi HawkBalls--Pinnacle Gold DistanceBags--Datrek IDS (cart), Sun Mountain 3.5 (carry)

Yes it was considering some make such a big deal about who the first round leader is.

good post. it does not matter what you do for 18 hoiles. the only thing that counts is the 72nd hole of a tourney.

I've followed both Yani Tseng and Ai Miyazato for rounds. Yani is an amazing ball striker. Ai is teeny and adorable--the driver looks bigger than she is. She has a funny little hitch at the top of her backswing that the camera doesn't seem to pick up. It was nice to see her place so highly.

I followed Ya Ni at the State Farm Classic in Illinois and she was awesome (until the playoff

) It is amazing how far she hits it.

Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!