IGNORED

reccomendations for bay area california

Note: This thread is 5746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Aloha,

I am going to be in the bay area next week and wanted to know if anyone has any good suggestions for a newbie. I'll be in the san jose area. Some friends have suggested the course at shoreline park in mountain view as well as poplar creek in san mateo. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

mahalo!

Taylormade BSF 2.0 9.5° Driver

2011 Burner 3 Wood

2007 Burner TP 5 Wood
Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Irons
09 Spin Milled Vokeys- 46°, 52°, 58° Wedges CG-14 60° Wedge Odyssey Black Series i #1 Putter

These are the best public courses I've played in the Bay area:

Harding Park near SF
Wente Vineyards and Poppy Ridge in Livermore, the East bay area
Metropolitan and Monarch Bay in Oakland near the airport
Half Moon Bay

Here are links to some of my photos:

Wente Vineyards:
http://sports.webshots.com/album/558446739FpadGy

Moanrach Bay:

http://sports.webshots.com/album/560063224BBFsdX

Harding Park in San Francisco.
Olympic Club, Ocean course, San Francisco.

Check out "Golf Now" for discount on tee times in the San Jose, and San Francisco Bay Area.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Skip poplar creek, only 6000 yards from the tips. Shoreline is a solid muni but around 11:30 every day a 3 club wind kicks up. The 13th hole is 380, slightly uphill on the approach, and is never more than driver pw. The 14th hole goes the opposite direction, is flat and 380. It is never less than driver 4 iron. Best bang for the buck is probably Callippe Preserve in Pleasanton(20-30 min from SJ), but Wente is definitely worth playing, as is Poppy Ridge(another windy course). Harding Park is a good test if you have the money and time (an hour without traffic from SJ).

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

I second callippe preserve in pleasanton,great course.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

There's a lot of courses out here that would give you your golf fix. Coyote Creek is nice. The Ranch if you're a target golfer. DeLaveaga and Seascape in Santa Cruz are nice. These are all courses that are fairly on the cheap, aside from Coyote, but if you have any other questions just PM me. I've played shitloads of courses around here.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

If in San Francisco play the Presidio. Played it twice while in S.F. in the summer of 2007.

I'm with you, great layout and only open to the public a short time. It used to be a military course and the generals and presidents played there. I think it's historic and very cool

If you have connections and can get on Olympic do it. I ran into Reggie Jackson at Pasatiempo which is near Monteray If you are up north try Bodega Bay and if in wine country Chardoney is nice Lots of really good courses but most are pretty beat as they get play 12 months a year

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

Thanks all for the suggestions! I actually didnt have a whole heck a lot of time to play as I had a lot of things to do (las vegas, etc) and only one week to do them. A friend actually dragged me out over to Moffet Field Golf Course for a couple rounds. Not an awesome place to play, but definitely took care of my fix until I get back to the islands tomorrow! Thanks again for the suggestions!

Taylormade BSF 2.0 9.5° Driver

2011 Burner 3 Wood

2007 Burner TP 5 Wood
Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Irons
09 Spin Milled Vokeys- 46°, 52°, 58° Wedges CG-14 60° Wedge Odyssey Black Series i #1 Putter

Note: This thread is 5746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!