IGNORED

Time for a SW...Vokey?

Tech
Note: This thread is 6602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
My bad, I got the 56/10 from your signature

No, you're right, I have to change that now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree the Spin Milled Vokey's are ridiculous. I bought my 60º like maybe a month ago and in the 8 rounds since, I haven’t had the chance to hit it at 100% yet, So the other day I had 90 yards to an uphill green and pretty much swung hard as possible and really delofted/hit down on it and upon arrival to the green my divot was hole high 10ft right but my ball was honestly 60ft in front of the (level) green. I went from Birdie to Bogey just that quick but didn’t care cause that ball jumped back like it was kicked and I’ve never seen anything like that before, just unreal. I’m not sure how beneficial that is but it def looked cool.
In my bag
Driver Nike SQ Tour 9.5º X Flex NV-60
Fairway Woods Titleist 904f 15º Fujikura X flex
Mizuno Fli Hi 18º DG X100
Irons Mizuno MP-33 3-PW DG X100 +1" 2ºuprightWedges Mizuno 56º sandTitleist SM60º LobPutter Scotty Cameron Newport MidSlant Pro PlatinumBall Pro...

... I’m not sure how beneficial that is but it def looked cool.

Useful mainly for impressing your friends! You may lose the round, but they'll be talking about that shot all week.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

• Administrator
Useful mainly for impressing your friends! You may lose the round, but they'll be talking about that shot all week.

True. Also, there's a reason you almost never swing "hard as possible" and "hit down on it" with a wedge of any kind.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Since I play for dough between my friends, showing off is out of the question unless its a wedge shot. My driver, is the most unconsistent, then it is my putter, and then my irons but my wedges are on a totally different level. I carry 2 wedges my 56 and 60 because thats all I need. I have this park at my place and I go into the baseball fields and practice my wedge shots for couple of hours every other day because I can't get to a place with real grass ranges. I think cg10 has the most spin out of any wedge and also is the softest and it works on hard balls too. I spun a top flite about 4 ft when I had a 70 yard shot, I was impressed spinning top flites.. Eric is right, why would you hit down on the ball, the ball will be loaded with more spin then ever because of the compression your giving it. You should try these cg10's though, they have amazsing spin control. THe vokeys I have tried has a demo once, when I hit it loose, the ball just spun back, I didn't like that because I tried to hit a shot with no spin, u know. The cg10's give you spin when you need them and none when you don't. Also I use the nike one platinum, these spin like living #$*@. I hit a 3 iron and it took a 2 step bounce and held it's spot. That's about it. Also you should get one of those groove sharpener/cleaners from golfsmith. They are really nice and get's rid of the annoying stuff in your grooves fast. HAHAH, this was so long.

Note: This thread is 6602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!