IGNORED

Teaching my gf to play

smr91481
Note: This thread is 5742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And like some others mentioned, golfing with the wife is a good thing. gives you both something to do and spend time together.

I totally agree...it sure makes being home for six hrs while "the guy" is out on Sunday having fun, while the "wifey" is home doing chores totally more forgiving I think it's healthy to do something together!! And might I add.....being given lessons for Valentine's Day was WAY better then flowers

See, I enjoy golfing with my wife; she's pretty athletically inclined anyway so she's picking it up pretty quickly (she got a par and birdie her first time out!). Plus, it just means I get to golf more since she's going too (it costs twice as much, but that's OK). I play with the guys too at her insistence so I'm not too sure why this is a bad thing to some of you? I think it's pretty cool watching her get better and you gotta start sometime, right? When I started golfing in high school we didn't play executive courses, we played long-ass 6,600 yard courses and shooting 50 and 60 for 9 holes for a while. We'll be waiting on the tee box or walking up the fairway and we'll see people hitting shots way worse than she does; she is already better than alot of people we see out playing and she hasn't broken 100 yet. I see it happening soon though. I guess I enjoy doing things with my wife I suppose.

Sorry, what are executive courses? Don't think we use the term in the UK

In my bag:

Callaway X460 10 deg driver
Taylor Made Burner 15 deg 3 wood
MD Golf 21 deg Blackhawk RescueTaylorMade RAC OverSize irons 3-SWPing i-Series Anser putter(All LH!)

executive courses have no par 5's. just a mix of par 3 and 4 holes, meant to be played in 2 -2 1/2 hours.

Thanks NVM! Interesting about time of a round isn't it. I am reading a FANTASTIC book by Scottish poet Andrew Greig called Preferred Lies. It's a journey of (re)discovery of golf and life for him after he nearly died from a brain injury. There's a lot in it about the history of golf and how it is played in Scotland. People there see no reason to take longer than 2 and a half hours for a game. They are maybe a little less prone to the vanities of the game - watching tee shots from the tee until they roll to a halt, not moving until 10 seconds after a putt stops, endless practice swings etc.

Scottish people play FAST. There is a guy at our club ( www.hazelgrovegolfclub.com ) who hails from St. Andrews. He plays off 5, doesn't mess about, walks after his putts once they're rolling (thanks to his amazing short game he usually knows he's picking them out of the hole anyway!) I played with him and he was level par after 9 but had to go in as he couldn't make it all the way round due to a bad knee. Modest and unassuming as they come - quite a guy. I have tried alone on a quiet day at my course and I STILL take 4 hours!

In my bag:

Callaway X460 10 deg driver
Taylor Made Burner 15 deg 3 wood
MD Golf 21 deg Blackhawk RescueTaylorMade RAC OverSize irons 3-SWPing i-Series Anser putter(All LH!)

I love playing golf with my wife. It's a great way to spend time together without a bunch of other things getting in the way. Leave the cell phones in the car, and go play 18. In fact, I rarely go out without her unless we are also going to play later in the day.

I work with my wife on her swing, although we also take lessons. She is very picky about instruction and can get frustrated easily - not the easiest student! Since I've worked with her on other things, she trusts me and we communicate well. I always remind her that I'm not a pro, or even very good but she would rather work with me than get random (often contradictory) tips from other people at the course or range. When she gets frustrated, we just step back and watch other people hit. Nothing makes a bad golfer feel better than watching a worse golfer hit a few

It all pays off when she hits that 200+ yard drive off the ladies tees and I have to hit my approach shot before she does!

GOLF= Gentleman Only Ladies Forbidden

Driver: 905r 9.5*
Wood: V Steel 4 & 7
Irons: r7 TP
Wedges: 52*,56*,60* Spin Mill Oil Can
Putter: Rossa Imola TP/ Studio Select Newport 2

buy her a few lessons and she may not want to play again.

Driver: 905r 9.5*
Wood: V Steel 4 & 7
Irons: r7 TP
Wedges: 52*,56*,60* Spin Mill Oil Can
Putter: Rossa Imola TP/ Studio Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!