IGNORED

Why is it?

Note: This thread is 4630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why is it so hard to watch a golf major on t.v,the best tournaments to watch
and you have to take a couple of days off work to see them.All the other touranments are on when i come home from work,The Masters i got to see,but the British open and the p.g.a i have'nt seen any yet,saturday and sunday I get too watch but i like to see it all,i get home from work at 5.00 and have direct t.v.

I just set the DVR and pretend its live

Exactly. But I go 1 step further. I won't watch golf live anymore. Between all the commercials and filler/fluff segments, it's annoying as heck. With my DVR, it's all golf all the time. Boo-Yah!

(I can't believe I just said Boo-Yah.)

I have to get one of those DVR's,they come with direct t.v?Its a bit late now though

Yes they offer them, and I'm pretty sure they can/will upgrade you to one, and Yes, your life will never be the same after it..Its nice not having to "plan" around tv..rather, watch what you wanted, when you have time/when its convient.

They barely show highlights too. They talk too much I find on these shows, I wanna see the shots and the scores, that's it, lol.

Yep, DVR's are the way to go, no doubt about it. Just be prepared to get hooked. I find myself looking for the rewind button on all kinds of things now... my car radio, when I'm at the movies. It's an obsession. I will say though, that I still can't make make myself watch a sporting event other than live. It just takes the fun out of it for me, to feel like my yelling at the TV isn't doing any good because everything I'm seeing has already happened.

Exactly. But I go 1 step further. I won't watch golf live anymore. Between all the commercials and filler/fluff segments, it's annoying as heck. With my DVR, it's all golf all the time. Boo-Yah!

I do the same thing. Given the amount of ads and the incessant egos of the network people who think I'm at all interested in them, you're lucky to see one live shot in 5 minutes. It's amazing how little time it takes to watch the entire "coverage" if you just ffwd to the actual golf being played. About 10-15 minutes per hour of broadcast.

You guys in the US are lucky not to have commentators making 1 mistake per second, like saying: "never has a player won the pga and the open championship on the same year", and 5 mins after "Tiger, back in 2000 won the pga champioship with a score of -18, after beating Brian May on a play off. He had also won the u.s. open and the british open".

You guy's are dead on about DVR's!

Now on the weekends I can do the yard work in the morning, take my son golfing in the afternoon, and watch the tournaments in the evening. It free's you up to live your life and still watch golf!

But its a shame that we have to DVR the major tournaments to see them,what is wrong with say,another channel showing the tournament in the evening,say like the golf channel e.t.c,i know the other channel has the broadcast rights bought but what about the majority of people that are working during dose broadcast times,no DVR,Sorry tough.Its just wrong in my opinion,i see all the other tournaments but not the majors unless i get DVR e,t.c
sorry folks but this just makes me mad,

But its a shame that we have to DVR the major tournaments to see them,what is wrong with say,another channel showing the tournament in the evening,say like the golf channel e.t.c,i know the other channel has the broadcast rights bought but what about the majority of people that are working during dose broadcast times,no DVR,Sorry tough.Its just wrong in my opinion,i see all the other tournaments but not the majors unless i get DVR e,t.c

I think it's a completely different situation. First, tournament broadcasts on ABC, CBS, or NBC are never shown in primetime replays. The networks paid a bundle to get broadcast right, and they aren't going to allow TGC to rebroadcast. Second, the coverage of majors is not the standard 2-3 hours. It's all day coverage - 6 to 8 hours. It's not feasible to replay that.

I understand your frustration, but to me it's no different from being annoyed that "Days of Our Lives" (or some other show only broadcast during work hours) isn't available at night. We've gotten so used to "instant gratification" that it's hard to remember that instant access is a very very new luxury. And really, a DVR is a minimal investment. If you have cable, it's just a monthly rental fee I think. Same with DirecTV for a SD DVR (you do have to pay some $ for the HD DVR).

Note: This thread is 4630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!