IGNORED

Harrington is NASTY

JYB
Note: This thread is 5708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't say whether Tiger vs. Padraig would be obviously a Tiger win. . .Things are going to be different when Tiger returns.

I think those two will do battle next year for sure. Before comparing anyone to Tiger though you have to measure them on their worse tournaments. I've always admired Tiger's A-game performances, but I'm equally as amazed at his placings when he's played like doo doo for a significant part of a tournament. I haven't looked up Padraig's worse finishes but that'd be interesting to compare.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the experts on the Golf Channel though, Tiger is still Player of the Year. I'd like to see it if things had been reversed, if Harrington had won the US Open and Tiger had won 2 majors. I have a sneaking suspicion that Tiger would still be everyone's Player of the Year.

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

I think those two will do battle next year for sure. Before comparing anyone to Tiger though you have to measure them on their worse tournaments. I've always admired Tiger's A-game performances, but I'm equally as amazed at his placings when he's played like doo doo for a significant part of a tournament. I haven't looked up Padraig's worse finishes but that'd be interesting to compare.

I pretty much agree. . .I think Tiger has been at a couple levels above everyone else on tour. But, its so hard to say what will happen. Padraig has gained a huge amount of confidence, Tiger is going to have to rehab for months and months. I'm also unsure of Paddy's bad finishes. Tiger won 80% of the tournaments he played in this year, I mean, what can you say. . .

Tiger is my favorite player. . .I just want someone to give him the competition he deserves. When Nicklaus played, he had ACTUAL serious competition with Player, Arnie, and Watson. Those guys went at it!!! But Tiger just doesn't have an obvious rival. Looking forward to Tiger #1 and Paddy #2 next year!

I have to agree. Time for Phil to give up the number 2 slot to Padraig. Padraig wins because he works hard, plays smart, and plays within himself. He isn't a showboat player. Call that boring, whatever, it's what makes champions. They play their own game. Tiger does the same (although I sure wish he would play smart off the tee more often - use that stinger shot!).

Padraig said after the British Open this year that he is working on a swing change that is significantly improving his consistency. He estimated about 2 years before it was a full part of his swing. He is apparently already reaping the benefits. His swing is just solid. This week he said he was tired from the Open, and still he bore down, ground it out, and won. I hope he continues to win. Maybe he will challenge Tiger, maybe he won't. I don't care either way. It's just great to have another real champion quality player in golf.

Phil needs to go back to playing his way and loose the statistical mumbo jumbo. He's a feel player and he should stick to playing by feel.
Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

Given the win of three majors and Tiger's untimely drop out due to injury. I can't see any other way around giving Harrington player of the year honors.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

The entire week on TV, nothing but Sergio, Phil and Tiger left toe nail (or whatever about Tiger).

Part of the reason for the lack of attention is that Harrington saves his best golf for the back nine on Sunday. He quietly gets himself into postion, and then blows the leaders away. While they're choking, he makes every putt in sight. BTW, I was surprised that only 11 players made the cut in all four majors this year.

According to the experts on the Golf Channel though, Tiger is still Player of the Year. I'd like to see it if things had been reversed, if Harrington had won the US Open and Tiger had won 2 majors. I have a sneaking suspicion that Tiger would still be everyone's Player of the Year.

I would hesitate to call many of the people at TGC "experts" outside of Nobilo and maybe Chamblee. The rest are really Nike pimps.

Harrington has done something twice that Tiger seems to have trouble with... come from BEHIND to win a MAJOR. Paddy played his ass off and NO he isn't a match for Tiger (no one is), but he is definately the best Eurpoean player and probably the 2nd best clutch putter on tour. I still say Phil is number 2 talent wise, but unless he starts finishing tournaments I am inclined to say Harrington is the better golfer.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Harrington is playing really well right now, but he's no Tiger Woods. When Tiger comes back, its going to go back to being business as usual: Tiger winning and everyone else playing for 2nd place.

I'm not so sure. Woods may or may not be the same player. You never really know with injuries. Plus, I'm surprised that Tiger did something so dumb as to continue to play on his bum knee. If there's one thing that's defined his career it's that he's been the smartest guy out there. I am and will continue to be a TW fan, but seeing that he's subject to injury--in other words, mortal--could change the mindset of his rivals.

Harrington loves the pressure in the final rounds just like woods,remember Harrington already beat Woods in 06 in a playoff.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

you must admit, many critics were talkign of a man to step up with tigers absence.
give Har some credit he deserves.
2 majors in a row.
in my eyes, thats called steppign up to the occasion.
tiger bring your best next season.

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

Pad shares at least one thing with Tiger -- absolute, unwavering, laser tight focus and determination. When he said he was willing his last few puts in, it wasnt that much of an exageration.

Add to that the fact that Harrington is a class act, I couldn't be happier for him in his success.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

wow. this guy is ridiculous. i hope tiger comes back and gets a taste of what this guy is cooking. wow.

I didn't realise 'NASTY' was a compliment now

I read the title and your two posts and was a bit confused!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

• 3 weeks later...
Paddy is going to rip Tiger up. That's just my opinion. can't wait to see it next season.

What happened to Padraig this week (missing the cut)? I think he needs a week off.

This is also why I said it was premature for people to be saying Padraig would be eating Tiger's lunch next year. You just rarely see Tiger play like Padraig did this week ... he plays extremely well much more consistently than Padraig. But on Paddy's best (evn better) days, he can duel with Tiger.

Note: This thread is 5708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!