IGNORED

RANT - etiquette!

pjsnyc
Note: This thread is 3421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

LOL.  This reminds me of one elderly gentleman (it could have been Fourputt ) I've seen in par 3 exec course I frequented.  He is handicapped (one leg shorter than the other), rides a cart, plays by himself, zips by everyone (skips a hole if someone slower is in front), and gets done with 9 hole in about 30 - 40 minutes.   He is playing early in the morning on weekdays, and I suspect he is retired.  But gee whizz, he was in a hurry as if the sole purpose of playing golf is to play fast.

This is my mother.  While I really appreciate that she introduced me to golf as a child, I cannot stand to golf with her anymore.  I'm convinced that every time she plays, she is only trying to beat her personal best for the fastest round.  It's very unsettling to play with someone who doesn't even have the patience to pull the pin before putting.

Randal

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Like in modern traffic situations, the twosome could pass up the next group and the next and then they are out of the way and the slower foursomes can enjoy the rest of their round at a leisurely pace.

Many people pass up slower groups and even play random order of holes based upon where the slow ups occur in the mornings to get a quick 2-2.5 hour round in.

I think the issue is that many people feel uncomfortable making people wait all day long, and get a little frustrated with their own games and feel "rushed". If they just let faster groups pass them up even if it is a full course, then they can continue to play at their comfortable pace. I have found that it does make a difference even if you have 4 groups in front of you to let fast players pass you up because usually they will ask the next group up and so on a so forth. I think it makes the course a nicer place for everyone.

I never thought of it that way, just figured, get in line and yes having people behind my group makes me feel rushed.

Originally Posted by rkim291968

LOL.  This reminds me of one elderly gentleman (it could have been Fourputt ) I've seen in par 3 exec course I frequented.  He is handicapped (one leg shorter than the other), rides a cart, plays by himself, zips by everyone (skips a hole if someone slower is in front), and gets done with 9 hole in about 30 - 40 minutes.   He is playing early in the morning on weekdays, and I suspect he is retired.  But gee whizz, he was in a hurry as if the sole purpose of playing golf is to play fast.

Quote:

4) The senior "speed golfers" annoy me as much or more than slow golfers.  They tee off from the golds, don't take practice swings, all hit at the same time, etc.  Gee whizz, old man, why don't you slow down, take the time to line up your putt and enjoy your round of golf?  Your nap can wait.

Maybe he's got a hot date, not nice to keep the ladies waiting.

Brian   

This is my mother.  While I really appreciate that she introduced me to golf as a child, I cannot stand to golf with her anymore.  I'm convinced that every time she plays, she is only trying to beat her personal best for the fastest round.  It's very unsettling to play with someone who doesn't even have the patience to pull the pin before putting.

Then if you are ever offered an opportunity to play a casual round with Tiger Woods you should decline.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Then if you are ever offered an opportunity to play a casual round with Tiger Woods you should decline.

Got it.  I'll stick to playing him in competition only. ;-)

Randal

Got it.  I'll stick to playing him in competition only.

Careful on the first tee.  He will ask for strokes. ;-)

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 3421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!