IGNORED

Your holes in one

Fraser
Note: This thread is 5747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Following on from the double eagle subject...

I've never had one but my closest was when I was practicing with my brother at a nearby course just before their local junior open. The 3rd was a 210yrd par 3 and I hit my first ok, (greenside if I remember) then my brother went and he said we should just hit another for practice. I hit a 3 iron very nicely, was just like I'd swept it up off the tee. It looked pretty good but the green itself wasn't visible from the tee. As we walked up the hole a group coming down the second shouted over that one was really close. It was about 2" away...of course wouldn't have even been a hole in one had it gone in but it falls in the 'tee to hole' category.

Another funny one, but not quite an ace either (I'm not too good at this!). Was at the same course as above and if you tee off from the 4th you have the car park and small clubhouse on the right as you go down the hole. On the other side of the clubhouse is the 9th green. My friend's father teed off from the 4th knocked it right over the clubhouse and it landed on the 9th and rolled into the hole! Having stood on the 4th tee afterwards it must have been a horrible shot but quite possible with a massively sliced 5 iron....and he was a beginner.

Your stories....must be some good ones here.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

how do you play your next shot if it rolls in the wrong hole?

I've not got a clue! That's the golfing equivalent of a bar exam question

Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I almost had one today i hit the ball 2 feet pass the hole, and the ball spun back to 6 inches.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Hmm, hard to remember all of them I have had dozens, I'm like that queen of aces lady. :) Just a joke get that mouse of the negative feedback button...

I have had maybe 2 kick ins from a foot out but no really close calls. I read in golf blew blah that the average golfer has a 1 in 12,500 chance of getting a hole in one. So getting a hole in one isn't that hard you just have to play 12,500 par threes. Seems easy enought right? So if you play golf every single day you should get one in about 8.5 years. Every other day 17 years. Once a week, Well you better get lucky. :)

i was talking to a friend and he was telling me how his wife was driving and hit one and it hit the top of the flag and dropped into the hole and bounced out and landed just an inch away! that would suck so bad

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

Sorry, this has been repeated so many times. Use the search function.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Sorry, this has been repeated so many times. Use the search function.

In my defence I did try but the search function rules out both the words 'one' and 'in' as being too common...and pretty much every thread has 'hole' in it, even when searching by thread title.

If you are able to find an existing thread I'd be more than happy for it to be merged.

I've not got a clue! That's the golfing equivalent of a bar exam question

Rule 25-3

25-3. Wrong Putting Green a. Interference Interference by a wrong putting green occurs when a ball is on the wrong putting green. Interference to a player’s stance or the area of his intended swing is not, of itself, interference under this Rule. b. Relief If a player’s ball lies on a wrong putting green, he must not play the ball as it lies. He must take relief, without penalty, as follows: The player must lift the ball and drop it within one club-length of and not nearer the hole than the nearest point of relief. The nearest point of relief must not be in a hazard or on a putting green. When dropping the ball within one club-length of the nearest point of relief, the ball must first strike a part of the course at a spot that avoids interference by the wrong putting green and is not in a hazard and not on a putting green. The ball may be cleaned when lifted under this Rule.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

None here. But witnessed THREE last season. Taking this as a sign that a hole-in-one is closing in on me!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

how do you play your next shot if it rolls in the wrong hole?

Remember the 2007 us open at oakmont (I was there all four days) when someones ball landed in the hole of other side of the double green, as i recall I think it was a free drop because he ended up getting a par.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

• Administrator
Remember the 2007 us open at oakmont (I was there all four days) when someones ball landed in the hole of other side of the double green, as i recall I think it was a free drop because he ended up getting a par.

There are no double greens at Oakmont. The back of the ninth green is defined as the putting green and "Ground Under Repair" (though they could just as easily mark it as OB, but it'd be a bit odd to have an OB line grass cut to putting green height).

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...633282,00.html

Source: URL Linked Earlier in the day, in an incident that might confound even the keenest rules buff, Tom Byrum overshot the green but still holed out — in one of the practice holes. He received a free drop under the Ground Under Repair rule and went on to two-putt for a once-in-a-lifetime par.

What that has to do with the topic of this thread I don't know, so let's get back to it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Closest was righty back in the mid 90's during a Myrtle Beach golf vacation. Half a rotation from falling. Had a few with a few feet lefty... so still waiting.

But I got the hard one out of the way :)

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Note: This thread is 5747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!