IGNORED

2008 U.S. Amateur Championship

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 5737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I couldn't believe how bad Jamie Lovemark was playing, 2 holes in a row he hit that high wavering cut that missed the green right, but that's golf huh?

And I don't know who it was, but I saw that one of the guys playing was hitting the PING S57's, don't know if anyone else caught that? All I can remember is that he was wearing a black PING hat, and it was a shot from the fairway.

But I will continue to follow the action, since I hope to be playing in the tournament here in a few years

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

my buddy George Tischler played in it and they screwed his name up and wrote him down as Will Tischler. How much does that suck?

I was very happy to see Fowler, Tway, Uihlein, and Hoffman move on. As for Fathauer, it seems like he has great "professional" potential. I think we will see a lot of him for many years to come. It won't surprise me if he wins the U.S. Amateur this week.

Looks like Tway had a great day today.

3&2 over Fillmore. Robbie going bogey/bogey on the first two holes doesn't help. Tway shooting -1 is a solid way to keep the drive going. Looks like Ricky is moving on with no problems... at -4, he's smok'in! The tight match is Fathauer and Uihlein... AS after 16. Some great matches. That's what I like abut the AM... you never know what is going to happen.
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

danny lee is 5 up after 10. go korea

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Danny Lee is absolutely KILLIN it! I was rooting for Kyle Stanley, but he unfortunatly go knocked out in the second round of match play

♠ In the bag ♠
Driver► R7 SuperQuad 10.5º, ProForce V2 X
3 Wood► Steelhead III 15º
Hybrid► 2008 Baffler Pro 18º 2/R
Irons 3-P► 2008 Pro CB, Project X 6.0, +¼", 2° UpWedges► 52° RTG+DSG, 58º RTG+DSGPutter► White Hot Tour #1Ball► Pro V1xWhere I play:...

sihwan kim, also korean is 1 up.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

My dad and I were talking, and it looks like a lot of the guys out there aren't enjoying it. I understand looking intimidating, but theres a difference, and it doesn't look intimidating to me, just a lack of enjoyment.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

My dad and I were talking, and it looks like a lot of the guys out there aren't enjoying it. I understand looking intimidating, but theres a difference, and it doesn't look intimidating to me, just a lack of enjoyment.

I think it depends on how you're playing. If you're winning, life is good; if you're losing, it's hard to maintain your self confidence all the time. This is top amateur not the professional rank and file. You tend to see more of the emotional strain on the players.

Derek Fathauer said that he was really tired. The AM is tough. And... there is a lot of pressure on the players. It is a mental and physical grind. Danny Lee is emerging as the most solid player of the championships. I think he has figured out the course and is now taking charge. Look for him to be in the finals.
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Danny Lee is emerging as the most solid player of the championships. I think he has figured out the course and is now taking charge. Look for him to be in the finals.

Danny Lee has definitely been the best so far this week, and I'll be surprised if he doesn't win the title. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he won with some lopsided score like 8 & 7 or something. I'm hoping it's Lee and Adam Mitchell in the finals. That will hopefully make for a solid match.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

danny lee 5 up after 18, not as good as i thought he would, thought maybe he would be 18 or 19 up after 18 but still, 5 up is pretty good

Danny Lee has definitely been the best so far this week, and I'll be surprised if he doesn't win the title. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he won with some lopsided score like 8 & 7 or something. I'm hoping it's Lee and Adam Mitchell in the finals. That will hopefully make for a solid match.

Adam Mitchell is a solid player. There's just one flaw in his golf game. He cannot putt. And that's what cost him a loss to Kittleson.

I haven't checked today's scores yet (Lee vs. Kittleson).

Once my horse (Charlie Holland) got knocked out by Adam Mitchell in the Quarters when Mitchell hit two amazing hole-outs, I was rooting for Mitchell.

Watching the Semis yesterday, I wanted to reach into the TV and strangle Drew Kittleson. His freakin' routine (especially on the putting green) was infuriating. Even (all of) the announcers kept bringing it up. It was clearly driving them crazy too. Soooooo slow. I believe it was Steve Melnyck (who is a really good announcer, btw), referred to it as a case of pre-shot yips. That mark, adjust, back away, remark, adjust, back away - over and OVER again - Arrrggghh!

I don't know if it affected Mitchell, but I do know his putting was very good until he played Kittleson. I think it may have been grating on Mitchell and took him out of his game. Reminds me of the way players get frustrated when they have to play with J.B Holmes.

I was also rooting for Patrick Lee against Danny Lee because I like Lee's personality. Also (and I know this is the most ridiculous reason ever - but when you are watching 2 players you know nothing about, you latch on to random things in order to pick someone to cheer for), Danny Lee looks "sickly" to me. It kinda weirds me out.

But I will be rooting for Sickly over Mr. Slow Play today.

I just wish (if my horse couldn't make it) that Mitchell had made it to the finals. He came across as a really nice, smart, and laid back guy in his interviews.

wow! danny lee is the future of the game

Is it just me or were the commentators ripping Lee at every chance?
Seems like they were awfully harsh.

In my Warbird Bag,
I have
Burner Driver 460cc 9.5* Stiff
Three and Five Woods
Precise- 21* and 24* hybridsCCi Cast Irons-4-AW 52* and 56*/14 Vokey 60*/8and i play TP Black or ProV1

Is it just me or were the commentators ripping Lee at every chance?

Ummmm, no?

They were criticizing some of his shot selections. He tends to "go for it" (a la Philly Mick) regardless of the circumstances. I think they were pointing out that he is going to run into trouble (a la Philly Mick at Winged Foot 2006) if he doesn't learn when to play conservatively.

• Administrator
Wow. Is Danny Lee going to shape out to be a phenomenal player, or what? I'm looking forward to watching him on the PGA Tour.

I'm calling "bust." He may win or something, but I don't see him getting a major or being a real force on the Tour at all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!