IGNORED

2008 U.S. Amateur Championship

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 5737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is anyone excited about this year's U.S. Amateur Championship? It's always one of my favorite events because so many of the nation's best college golfers tee it up. A decent number of them usually end up in the match-play portion as well, and they have won quite a few in the process.

As usual, I'll be pulling for my Oklahoma State guys such as Kevin Tway, Rickie Fowler, etc. Hopefully USC's Jamie Lovemark plays well also because he has a great future ahead of him.

Is anyone else going to be keeping up? I believe the coverage on The Golf Channel begins Wednesday at 1:00 Eastern Time.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yea I wanted to go, but I'll definitely be watching on TGC

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

I'm looking forward to the Am too. Lot's of good college golfers in the mix.
A great Donald Ross course. Should be another well-run event.

My son qualified for the 2003 Am at Oakmont. The USGA does a super job of running the Amateur tournaments for the contestants. He beat Nick Flanagan in the qualifier that year (Nick got the last qualifying spot at Camargo CC in Cincinnati) When Nick won it all we went nuts. What a great time for the Aussies. This year's qualifying was a little tuff.

I'm following Derek Fathauer, Adam Hadwin (Canada), and Karston Clements (the Louisville boys), Robert Gerwin, Robbie Fillmore, Jamie Lovemark, CJ Gato, ... Ricky Fowler is a top pick too.

Looks like some good scores were posted today.

iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

I've always loved watching the US Am, there is usually some big time players competing and it makes for excellent viewing. It's funny to me to remember back watching Ricky Barnes when he won (around 2001 or 2002?) he actually beat Hunter Mahan in the finals and now Ricky is busting his chops on the minor league circuit while Mahan is possibly going to be playing in the Ryder Cup.

The list of past champs of the US Am is a pretty solid list of great future champions on the PGA Tour, definitely some good stuff to watch!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Yeah. I know a friend of mine was trying to qualify for it but I don't think he made it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I can't believe I didn't even mention Pinehurst as the golf course. That's by far one of my favorite courses in the world. I've only seen it from the road, but I've always enjoyed watching events played on the course. The short game better be working this week!

I'm following Derek Fathauer, Adam Hadwin (Canada), and Karston Clements (the Louisville boys), Robert Gerwin, Robbie Fillmore, Jamie Lovemark, CJ Gato, ... Ricky Fowler is a top pick too.

Well... the qualifying rounds are complete and it's time for match play.

Congrats to Robbie Fillmore with a medalist score of 134 - 6 under. Looks like I'm down to Derek, Adam, Robbie, Jamie and Ricky. Did you see that Reed Howard, Opie's son, missed the cut by 4 strokes?
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

rooting for lovemark. i followed him for a bit at the John Deere. he's got a future

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Is there anywhere to watch this on the internet?

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Is anyone excited about this year's U.S. Amateur Championship? It's always one of my favorite events because so many of the nation's best college golfers tee it up. A decent number of them usually end up in the match-play portion as well, and they have won quite a few in the process.

I will watch the Finals. I am not interested in the preliminary rounds.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Is there anywhere to watch this on the internet?

The Golf Channel is the only source for viewing that I have found.

WED - 1-4pm EST THU - 12-2pm EST Quarterfinals, FRI - 12-2pm EST Semifinals, SAT - 1-4pm EST Championships, SUN - 1-4pm EST
iQuestGolfer

Well, a few of my Okie St. boys are through to the round of 32. Kevin Tway, Peter Uihlein (incoming freshman), and Rickie Fowler all won their matches today. Morgan Hoffman, another incoming freshman, is still on the course. Uihlein actually beat out another Okie St. guy today in Trent Leon. The only thing that stinks is they are all on the same side of the bracket I believe.

My pick to win this week, Jamie Lovemark, is 1-up with few holes to go today. He has struggled a little, but I'll stick with him.

i'm going with danny lee, i wanna see the koreans dominate both the men's and women's tours

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I'm watching this right now, some guy just made an amazing chip in...

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

Well, a few of my Okie St. boys are through to the round of 32. Kevin Tway, Peter Uihlein (incoming freshman), and Rickie Fowler all won their matches today. Morgan Hoffman, another incoming freshman, is still on the course. Uihlein actually beat out another Okie St. guy today in Trent Leon. The only thing that stinks is they are all on the same side of the bracket I believe.

Sorry that Lovemark didn't make it. I watched the final couple of holes as it slipped away.

Those OSU boys played great golf today. The Louisville boys are down to one - Derek Fathauer... against Vegas today, that was a huge win for Derek. Adam Hadwin lost in 19... that stinks! Robbie Fillmore's round against Ross Beal wasn't the prettiest round of golf. However, Beal did make a great chip-in and then... ouch! 3&2 after being AS. I can't believe that Josh Anderson came back against Brad Exber... I thought Brad was going to cruise the last couple holes. Glad to see a 50+ golfer still in the mix with all the young guns. I'm hanging on with Derek, Robbie, Fowler in the finals.
iQuestGolfer

Yeah, I was wondering when someone would call out my Lovemark pick. I haven't watched a lot of his play, but from what I've seen in the past, this was by far the worst he has ever struck the ball. He was all over the place today and deserved to get beat.

I was very happy to see Fowler, Tway, Uihlein, and Hoffman move on. As for Fathauer, it seems like he has great "professional" potential. I think we will see a lot of him for many years to come. It won't surprise me if he wins the U.S. Amateur this week.

I know I'm in the VAST minority when I say I'm not that big of a fan of Pinehurst, but this is a great event and I'll be watching as much as I can.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!