IGNORED

the exploding golf ball

N.V.M.
Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

a couple weeks ago my g/f ask me to make some trophy bases for the golf tourney she organized for the local veterans club. one of the old birds glued together some golf balls,painted and decorated them which i had to attach to the bases i made.

anyways, as i was pre-drilling holes in one of them for the screws, SPLOOSH! this brown gooey liquid explodes all over me. luckily, i wear glasses so none went in my eyes, but my face and clothes were covered by this stuff.

do they still make liquid filled balls or was this something really old? man, was i scared because i was only halfway through the job(i was only on the second of several) and every time i drilled into another ball, i was expecting the worst. not to mention a couple of the guys in the shop laughing they're asses off at me.

all in all though, they turned out well in a girly folksy way,LOL. here's the results.

My Blog

Wow those are nice trophies! Great work!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Nice trophies! Yes, they still do make liquid filled balls, which spray a watery mist at impact. They also make exploder's which are filled with a powder and explode at impact.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

Those are so cool!
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

He did do a great job. I have to tell you the "ladies" were impressed!! It was my first golf tournament that I ever organized and I wanted something other then the traditional trophy to present.

When he told me this happened (in an email, as we were both at work) and told me this "goo" went all over the trophy bases, I had visions of them all being ruined.

Thank goodness, it was water soluble!!!!!!!!!

I might add, the tournament was a complete success, great weather, tons of fun and prizes......and a great meal (which I prepared).......lol

Good time had by all!!

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!