IGNORED

How often do you wash your clubs?

NI4NI
Note: This thread is 5745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I keep my clubs pretty clean after each shot or practice session, but I break out the soap and bucket about once a month. If I'm playing or practicing alot or during hotter months when I'm putting my sweaty paws on my grips more often I'll go to every two to three weeks.

Man, you look soooo young to have such a low handicap!

The club I play at gives them a good cleaning after every round, then I follow it up once a month with a thorough cleaning and groove cleaning.

Curious, do you tip per club, dish out a set amount regardless, or does this count as part of your monthly usage amount (like food, etc.)? According to a friend, tips are deducted from his monthly usage bill (sounded pretty strange to me). Think my buddy may be shining me on this one.

There a few nice courses here that I've played where they clean the clubs for you (more like a swipe and dry). The usual tip is $5, if it was done well, and with a smile.

I clean my clubs after each shot. I've got a wet towel, and one of those black scrubber brushes with me at all time. Can't be having grimy, nasty clubs. Need to have the grooves clean and ready to bite on each shot.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Curious, do you tip per club, dish out a set amount regardless, or does this count as part of your monthly usage amount (like food, etc.)? According to a friend, tips are deducted from his monthly usage bill (sounded pretty strange to me). Think my buddy may be shining me on this one.

Tip is $5 per round. Worth it. THey clean them up nice.

I'm talking about a thorough good ole' fashion washing: "rinse-lather-repeat" cycle, using two buckets of water (soapy and fresh), sponge, groove cleaning, maybe some 'goo be gone' for stubborn sticker removal, grip refresh, (waxing?), nice fluffy dry cotton towel,...

Well, I don't go to that quite that extreme, but in addition to a wet towel on the course, I try to wash my clubs after every round and (grass) range session.

But I just pull the irons out of my bag, throw them in a bucket or warm, soapy water, let them soak for a few minutes to loosen the dirt, then quickly scrub and rinse (a quick dunk back in the same bucket) and dry with a towel. Usually while watching golf on TV. Sometimes I will use a Mr. Clean Magic Eracer on the face of my woods and hybrids to get rid of the ball marks. As for a complete cleaning (which includes scrubbing the grips, polishing the woods and hybrids, retouching the paintfill, etc), I just do that "as needed".

I keep the clubfaces clean during a round. I carry one of those little water bottles topped with a scrib brush. 3 seconds...and the face is clean.

I'll give the set a good washing every 2-3 weeks or before tournaments primarily to clean the grips.

(No iron should ever be 'caked in mud' unless you like making this game harder).

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I guess I'm lucky. I store my clubs at my course. After each round I give them to the attendant along with 5 bucks. When I next show up they sparkle.

I keep the clubfaces clean during a round. I carry one of those little water bottles topped with a scrib brush. 3 seconds...and the face is clean.

"Caked" is mis-leading. I meant "covered" - which gets cleaned off after each shot before being put back into the bag.

Lots of rain here this summer - beautiful greenery, but muddy as all get out.

I wash mine after every round, or session at the range. No need in the back yard, I hit off a mat.

They get the full treatment, soap and water, scrub from grip to toe, rinse and dry. I usually wind up washing my wife's and daughter's at the same time.

In my Sasquatch Tour Bag:

Driver - G10 10.5°: UST Pro Vorce V2 Shaft, Regular flex
Hybrid - G10 21° & 24°: TFC 129H, Stiff flex
Irons - S57 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW - Nippon 950GH stiff shaftsWedges - Tour 52°, 60° 56°Putter - 34" TracyBall - Treosoft

Note: This thread is 5745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!