IGNORED

2005 ESPN Fantasy Golf League

iacas
Note: This thread is 6743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Don't worry Rafi, I was over-par in two rounds for the U.S. Open. Adam Scott was the only guy on my team to make the cut, so you can imagine how good my weekend went. :/

I did okay, but there's plenty of golf left to be played.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Hey y'all, pay attention or you might cost yourself some points.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

1 Rusty Swing, Jeff Smith -12

Lets keep that going!

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
1 Rusty Swing, Jeff Smith -12

We're coming to get you, my team of scrubeenies!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for not starting this morning Davis Love III. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
I had two guys not start. Next year, we'll try to find something a little different - this best-ball thing really doesn't reward solid play, it rewards birdie binges. Nobody cares if the guy shoots 75 with 8 birdies and 10 bogeys or worse - it's all about the birdies and eagles.

I kinda like the "One and Done" concept The Golf Channel has going. Except that you only pick one guy, so if he MCs, you're out. Maybe I'll create our own tournament next year...

Yeah, I was watching the Golf Channel on Tuesday night, and they said DL3 wasn't playing this week because of nagging injuries. Didn't you read my preview Jeff? :)

As for the fantasy thing, I agree with you Erik. I don't really like the best-ball thing. It's still fun though.

• Administrator
Yeah, I was watching the Golf Channel on Tuesday night, and they said DL3 wasn't playing this week because of nagging injuries. Didn't you read my preview Jeff? :)

Still fun, yes. Just a little too random for my taste. But fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
All of my guys made the cut this week. They also shot -11 in the first round and only -5 in the second. Booooo!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Well, the season is over and here is how I ended up:

[pre]Segment #Pts%ageRank
Segment 1109291.92885
Segment 2113498.1707
Segment 3106893.02145
Segment 498394.94441
Average 106994.52545[/pre]

I'll take it. Next year, a different game...

I still don't know how I ended up 6th overall in segment two. That was a little luck obviously, since I finished in the 10000th range the other two segments. It sure was a fun 2nd segment while it lasted though.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to next year's fantasy league as well. Hopefully it will be something new and fresh..

Have you been doing any fantasy golf scouting Erik?

• Administrator
I still don't know how I ended up 6th overall in segment two. That was a little luck obviously, since I finished in the 10000th range the other two segments. It sure was a fun 2nd segment while it lasted though.

I'm thinking of writing my own. I kinda liked the "One and Done" thing The Golf Channel did, though automating the weekly input of prize winnings doesn't seem to be something I could easily do. I may have to do that manually, so that's a big knock against that idea...

Maybe Dave knows of a database somewhere we could pull the data from. If so, that'd be easy. I'd rather not web scrape, either...

Well, we definitely need to get more of the Sand Trap staff members this year. We had a few last year, but we need to get all the guys in this time around (and Stacy if she wants to play).

As for doing your own, let me know if you need any help. I always love fantasy leagues, so I wouldn't mind helping out a little.

Note: This thread is 6743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!