IGNORED

What's the most 'trouble' you've gotten into at a course?

JCDot33
Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The most awkward moment would have to be when my friend hit a missile about 2 feet off the ground off the tee and went straight right and there happened to be a cart with a mom, dad, and young son who was sitting in the middle. The ball proceeded to hit about 6 inches below where the windshield would be on the front of the cart and probably would have killed the little kid had it hit him.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably happened today for me. I was teeing off in a 512yard par5 and there was a twosome at the 200yard mark. I could hit it there if I really bombed it, but instead I did an easy swing just to get the ball in the middle of the fairway. I don't know how but I happened to crush that ball and the ball landed about 20 yards behind the twosome and rolled right beside their cart. I was kind of in shock and went to apologize and while I was racing to apologize after my drive, the twosome picked up my ball and left. I decided not to argue and put a new ball in the same spot.

What's in the Bag

Tour Burner 9.5* stock stiff shaft
Tour Burner 14.5* 3 Wood stock stiff shaft 3DX Ironwood 20* UST Proforce V2 regular shaft 690mb Irons 4-PW rifle flighted 5.5 shafts Forged 48* wedge Vokey Design spin-milled 54*, 60* wedges Studio Select Newport 2 mid-slant TP Red&Black BallsLowe...

I was playing in Florida a couple years ago on a course none of us had ever played. We were on a short par 4 (listed as 310 yards) and the foursome in front of us were all near the green, including a few chipping from 30 yards or so in front.

This happened to me the other day. It was a very slow day and the owner of the course was in front of me and my friend, but they weren't the slow ones, the group in front of them was. We were standing on the 5th tee a 304 yard par 4, but it was playing like 285-290. The group behind us came up from 4 as we were waiting to hit our tee shots. One of the guy in the group behind was a jerk and he said to my friend "Hit the damn ball, they are on the green." My friend, who has driven the green there when it was playing 325, said "I have driven the green before, but I'll hit to make you happy." My friend hit a terrible shot, and the guy was like "Wow you came close on that!"

So then I step up to hit since I only average maybe 235-250 off the tee, but I have hit it 270 at once, and I figured even if I do hit it really good at the worst it would roll up to the fringe. So I tee up my ball, and crush the ball, and drive the green, and it almost hit the owner as he was hitting from just short of the green. Luckily I know the owner and he was like great drive. The owner was a good junior golfer and he is very nice and knows I want to get to the tour or be a pro, and he helps me by giving me unlimited range and employee rate golf.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I was playing with my Dad when he hit a police car while it was coming down the road.

Hole No. 1 at Vanity Fair GC runs parallel to the appropriately named Golf Drive, a residential street. Dad was famous for his slice, so he set up left -- and then promptly hit it straight. Over the fence, OOB, one hop, and hit the bottom of the front bumper of the cop car. The ball went under the car and kept bouncing off the road and hitting the car; sounded like a machine gun.

The cop pulled over but fortunately it was a good friend of my Dad's (small town we lived in).

As for me, either:

a) The time I hit the course maintenance supervisor's golf cart while he was sitting in it (he'd waved me to hit but didn't account for my slice),
b) The time I decided to teach a friend how to play golf at Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail Magnolia Grove's Falls Course (course marshals weren't too happy with that one),
c) The time I drove it into the swimming pool adjacent to Hole No. 7 at Vanity Fair GC.

Jess

Starting a brush fire comes to mind. Back in the early 80's, me and my brother were in one of those old style 3 wheel Harley Davidson gas carts. On the back nine (F.E Warren AFB Golf Club), we both lost are balls in a row of bushes and grass along the 18th hole. We spent quite some time driving back and forth looking for them. We finally located his and while he was getting ready to hit it, I smelled something burning. Then I saw smoke about 15 yards behind us. As we went back to investigate, it was too late. A fire had started and was quickly spreading. We saw that we couldn't put it out, so we raced back to the clubhouse to report it. Thankfully the winds were fairly light and the fire only burned about two acres of rough. We had alot of explaining to do, to both the Club Pro and military officials. The Club Pro who managed the course was very pissed and was highly suspicious of our story that the cart engine/exhaust had started it. He would give me the evil eye for many years after the incident.

Driver- Taylormade Burner
3 Wood- Adams RPM
5 Wood- Adams RPM
Irons- Adams SC2
Wedges- SW, LW Adams SC2
Putter- Odyssey WHite Hot XG 1
Ball- Taylormade LDP Burner
Bag- Nike ProCombo

taylormade.gifDriver- Burner
adams.gif Fairway Woods, Irons and Wedges
odyssey.gif Putter- White Hot XG 1
taylormade.gifBall- LDP Burner
nike.gifBag- ProCombo

Ive gotten in some trouble on the course before. My most memorable would be the time I bent the steering arm on the cart after running into a fence. Trust me, no alcohol was involved, just some reckless driving

Another one I can think of was at a course I played for the first time. I thought the old man single into front of me and my friend was well out of range. I piped one right at him and the ball went directly between his pull cart and his legs. Boy did I get an earful from that 80 year old man. You see, I yelled fore (he didn't think so), but then realized he had hearing aids...

I've heard other stories of guys jumping out of bunkers and having the wheels fall off, or of a cart being fully submerged in a lake Nice.

All of these golf cart driving experiences happened at the local par 3 piece-o-crap muni

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

There was a line of carts on the first tee waiting to hit. I only wanted to play nine. Went in the proshop to get permission to go off the back nine. Got permission, drove across the road to the 10th tee. Got out and went to the back of the cart and these were not my clubs. I had the wrong cart.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

The most I ever got into was for playing extra holes. Only once or twice this happened to me though, and it was always at a smaller par 3 or executive course. Oh well I was just a young kid trying to get some practice in, what's all the hatin for?

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Well there is another hole where on the second shot you have to hit across the road, and both of the kids who I played with said that they have hit cars with their shot.

On a small par 3 hole I hit one of my best ever shots. It would of gone straight into the parking lot, but luckily the ball bounced of a tree.

My $40 teen set:
fairway wood driver thingy
hybrid
mid and short iron
putterno-name lob wedge nxt tour balls ignite balls

someone in my foursome accendentily hit into the group ahead of us. The guy that was almost hit took the ball, teed it and hit it right back at us, lol

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

• 4 months later...
in college i was asked to leave and not return to the course at coronado...
i was waiting to hit my approach shot cuz a pair was on the green putting...
a 4some was playing behind me and all 4 of the bastards decide to rain balls all around me... they thought it was pretty funny too...
well i picked up all 4 balls and tossed them off the fairway... they werent happy an decided that 4 against 1 was pretty good odds... we got into it... the 2some called the rangers... and all 5 of us got kicked out with the cops in the parking lot making sure nothing happened afterwards... place is a dogtrack full of hackers anyways... even if i didnt get kicked out id never play there again
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Before my bachelor party, 3 of my college buddies and I went to play 18 at a nice private course (One of my clients at the time got us on). One of my "less mature" friends decided to try drinking a beer a hole for 18. The first 9 went well but then it went down hill. Let's just say by the time we got done he had fallen in a pond and puked in the parking lot.

We were asked not to come back, and I lost an insurance client! Luckily it was my last week at that job and then I moved out of town!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

oooh, I have two.

I recently took a buddy of mine from the east coast (collegiate golfer) golfing here at a california course we have never played. He is about 6'4, 270 lbs. I hit it about 300, and he was outdriving me by 20-40 yards on every hole. two holes in a row he accidentally carried his drive over the group in front, once driving the green. We were not trying to mess with them, but we had no idea the perception of where they were. They picked his ball up from the green and drove back to start sh*t with us, until they saw how young and big we were.

The other was a time I was playing as a single, and a guy joined up with me on the 17th hole. The 18th is a par 5 that comes into the parking lot, I cut the corner on a drive and had like 200 out. I pured a 5 iron like 30 yards over the green (beats me how i did it) and it landed "smack" on a car's hood. We get a little closer, and the guy turns to me "you just hit my car dude." I didnt finish the hole, got in my car, and peeled out all the way to main road. (after seeing the huge dent it actually caused, I hurried a bit more)

Whats in the bag?
909 D3 8.5* UST Mamiya Tour Green X
909 F3 13* UST ATTAS X
909 F3 18* UST ATTAS X
909 H 21* DG S300 735cm chrome 5-PW DG S300 54.08 SM 58.04 SM 64.07 SM Studio Select Newport 2 Sonic Blue Dot...

Back in college, my golf buddy and I were going pretty fast down the right hand side of a downhill par 4 fairway (we hadn't played the course before) Out of nowwhere, there was a 4 foot drop off/grass bunker. I turned the cart severely to the left and hit the brakes. We barely avoided serious injury. I have practiced extremely cautious golf cart driving behaviour since this episode.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Back in college, my golf buddy and I were going pretty fast down the right hand side of a downhill par 4 fairway (we hadn't played the course before) Out of nowwhere, there was a 4 foot drop off/grass bunker. I turned the cart severely to the left and hit the brakes. We barely avoided serious injury. I have practiced extremely cautious golf cart driving behaviour since this episode.

Don't even get me started with golf cart safety. I was in a scramble in New York with some friends and a kid flipped a cart on me. I had to get taken to the hospital. I was out of commission for like a month. Drive safely.

I remember like two years ago when I could only hit a 5 wood 200, I hit it from 230. It rolled up to the front edge of the green. There were guys on the green, I appologized, and they offered to let me join their group (I was playing as a single and they were a 3 some).

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I was invited to a very posh private golf club one day by the assistant pro, who I met at a tournament the previous week. So I show up in the club house and he directs me to the back of the range to warm up. It's a bit foggy this morning, so I can't see more than about 200 yards. So I go through my normal routine, starting with wedges and working my way up to the driver. By now the fog has lifted enough that I can see the pro shop and cart barn at the other end of the range. I tee up my first driver and hit it. As I'm reaching for another ball I hear a loud bang down the hill in the cart barn. I tee up another ball, hit it, and a few seconds later another loud BANG! After the next ball, a few members at the other end of the range started yelling up the hill at me, waving their hands, jumping up and down. I soon realized that my drives were careening off the metal roof of the cart barn! My assistant friend had failed to mention to me that the range was only 240 yards long...

The members and pro were none too happy, and I haven't been re-invited there since!

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

• 1 month later...
i didnt get into trouble today... but as i was teeing up on 15... 2 guys were literally wrestling on the 12th green... i could see them from the teebox thru the trees... hahaha... they all got kicked off an the police showed up a lil late
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Me and my friend "snuck" onto a crappy course that was the only one open at the time due to a rainstorm. It was about 4:30 and it was already closed. It wasn't in horrible condition really.

We didn't really get that far since the owners live on the 3rd fairway. Oops.

The guy really wasn't that mad. We offered the green fee since that was what we were going to pay anyway had it not been closed. He didn't take it, so it was all good.

Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!