IGNORED

Missed 5 cuts and wins Fed Ex Cup

Twlvoltz
Note: This thread is 5723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For the record, Vijay cheating has never been proven and to this day Vijay denies changing his score card, Vijay imo is not a cheater and has earned the Fed ex Cup win (if of course he does win) as he is the one that has won the right tournaments at the right time.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

For the record, Vijay cheating has never been proven and to this day Vijay denies changing his score card, Vijay imo is not a cheater and has earned the Fed ex Cup win (if of course he does win) as he is the one that has won the right tournaments at the right time.

I was never really a huge fan of Vijay (not sure why), but I will give credit where credit is due...also kudos to Vijay for immediately leaving the course so reporters couldn't swarm him and steal Camilo's thunder. If that doesn't say something about one's character, then I don't know what will!

Back on topic - I'm not necessarily even saying that match play should be the format in the end. I guess I just think it'd be cool to include it somewhere in the 4 events. Maybe even a little mix - 2 days of stroke play, 2 days of match play...

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I was never really a huge fan of Vijay (not sure why), but I will give credit where credit is due...also kudos to Vijay for immediately leaving the course

PJ,

What makes you think that was the reason? Did VJ finally say something? If he did, I'm not sure I would buy it. He could have simply said "I didn't win. This is Camilo's day and I'm not going to infringe on that. No comment."

...don't y'all think determining an absolute winner in these 'playoffs' ought to test their match play abilities and not just see who gets the lowest overall score?

No. (got to get 9 characters - "No." is too short of an answer)

Another MAJOR issue with the current playoff system is the fact that the player of the year (in my opinion) Paddy Harrington did not qualify for the top-30 in the Tour Championship. That's a travesty.

He should have done better in the first few events. Just because Duke or Kansas or UCLA finish with 1 loss and are clearly the number 1 team, it doesn't guarantee them a spot in the final four. They still have to play four games to get to that spot.

I like the playoff idea, but I do agree that the point system needs to be changed some to allow for more diversity in the results if they plan on keeping it in the same format. I do like the idea of using the point system to create a 32 man field and then have a match play tournament to determine the winner. That way, anyone who gets into the final 32 will have a legitimate chance of winning. As for missing five cuts and winning...unless your name is Tiger you are going to miss cuts along the way, that is just how golf is. Everyone misses cuts here and there, especially in majors. If we eliminated everyone who missed a cut or two on the regular tour and cut or two in a major we could just give it to Tiger every year because he will be the only one who qualifies.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

the system is fine.
HE WON 2 tournaments of four. WON THEM!
If there were 3 different winners of the 3 tournaments, we would have a very different result. but then again, you could play the 3 liek they are now, and depending on your rank after that, you play the match play for the final cup. So a seeding type thing as #1 play #32, #2 play #31 etc.

we will see what happens next year.

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

This is one of the silliest topics I've seen in awhile. Vijay is #3 in the world and very deserving of winning this year's FedExCup. He has three VERY good wins on the season. Tiger is the only one with more quality victories this season, as at least one of Kenny Perry's wasn't that impressive.

Vijay made it into the playoffs in decent shape, and he rose to the occasion when needed. That's what a "playoff" is all about.

If it's a shame for the #3 ranked golfer to win this thing, I can't imagine how pissed some of you will be when someone ranked much lower than that wins it. It will happen, it's just a matter of time. Give the man some credit.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah - he shouldn't have bothered teeing it up on the first day. (I was going to say Friday, but someone would think I was talking about the second round)

Wow lets blow this way out of proportion and take my words out of context. When did I ever say that 2nd place was bad? When did I say winning was bad? When did I say that Vijay didn't deserve it? Never, never, and never.

My point was, and this is the 3rd or 4th time I have said this, I feel if someone wins in the playoffs they should at-least have a chance at winning the whole thing. Sometimes I wonder if people even read my posts

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

how did the LA Rams win the SuperBowl with a 9-7 record?

Weak central division that year, and home field advantage. Go TWINS.

Driver: 400 SZ
Irons: Maltby custom fit KE4's
Sandwedge: Maltby Slider
Others: random selection

Well... sh!t happens...

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

PJ,

Sorry - I'll admit I jumped the gun on that one. I guess I saw only two reasons (possibly both at the same time) for him leaving early:

1) Upset about a not so stellar performance 2) Letting Camilo have his moment even though he knew the FedExCup was his. Edit - Both of which is something he probably wouldn't tell reporters, etc anyway.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!